BANANATHROW lvl100x2 proven;uber atziri capable ... (crit ele spectral mass dps and mf capable)

"
Chundadragon wrote:

It's fine, half-decent even. More than fine for Normal Atziri, people overestimate her so hard imho - if buzzsaw can do it with 8K spectral then literally any variation of this build can.

Awesome. Wasn't really overestimating her just haven't attempted it with the build yet (Was previously killing her on my RF duder and farming fragments on my 5L Lorica piece of shit STer) as I just 6 linked my Shav earlier today and got to swap around a few things.

Thanks for the reply Chundra.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Looking for some guidance. Currently I'm grinding Apexes in the hope of getting a Hope (pun intended) but I just sold my 6L axe from my other character and have ~40 exalts I could potentially spend.

Build here

Gear

Primary build is roughly 41k LMP ST and 5.5k ES, swapping gloves and ring push it up to 6k but about 35k DPS.

What would be the best thing to do with the currency? I might be able to get a CoE with that currency if I find a good deal, but it does mess up my resists and would probably force me to my other gloves, and likely I'd be spec'ing out of Throatseeker to get Pain Attunment... overall not sure it's enough of a DPS boost at present to be worth it.

I'd really like to get an Acuity, but they're still a bit out of reach unless someone wants to hook me up. Should I just save for it?

Get CoE, Get Light Doryani, replace the Moonstone ring with one that has fire res and nice stats.

Doubt anyone will sell ya acuity for 40 ;P

I'm not saying 40ex will get me an Acuity, but let's say for argument's sake that I get a Mortal Hope to drop. Then, Hope + 40ex should get me an Acuity. If I drop say 35ex on a CoE, then Hope + 5ex does not get me an Acuity. So then I have to either find another one (which I can't really count on) or run the Uber myself / use a service and pray that the gloves drop.

I just don't really know if the DPS upgrade from CoE is worth significantly reducing my chances of getting Acuity. Not to mention that I would lose several hundred ES by making these swaps.
Last edited by SorakPoE on Jun 24, 2014, 10:27:09 AM
"
SorakPoE wrote:

I just don't really know if the DPS upgrade from CoE is worth significantly reducing my chances of getting Acuity. Not to mention that I would lose several hundred ES by making these swaps.

There's a reason everyone is screaming nerf Shavs, nerf CoE :)

Doing uber isn't really advisable with your gear, it's certainly doable but only for people that are exp'd, I don't fancy your chances as a first timer, especially w/o shavs.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 24, 2014, 10:33:06 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

And they are also saying the same thing about Acuity :) I guess let me rephrase the question:

Suppose a friend offered to give you his CoE, or his Acuity. One but not both. And the friend will only give it to you if you swear to never sell either.

Which would you pick?
Last edited by SorakPoE on Jun 24, 2014, 10:34:04 AM
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

And they are also saying the same thing about Acuity :)

NERF SHAVS NERF COE NERF ACUITIES OMG LOW-LIFE SO BROKEN

Read my earlier comment as well :)
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 24, 2014, 10:34:36 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

Doing uber isn't really advisable with your gear, it's certainly doable but only for people that are exp'd, I don't fancy your chances as a first timer, especially w/o shavs.

If I were to do Uber I'd do the whole passive tree-snapshotting thing to get some ES boosts. I think I worked out that my ES would get pushed to around 7k by spec'ing out of the aura nodes and putting them into ES. Also been practicing keeping 100% uptime on Immortal Call during Trio. So yeah, it's risky, but we'll see :D I've talked to Jake about taking over my instance if I get slaughtered early on.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

If I were to do Uber I'd do the whole passive tree-snapshotting thing to get some ES boosts. I think I worked out that my ES would get pushed to around 7k by spec'ing out of the aura nodes and putting them into ES. Also been practicing keeping 100% uptime on Immortal Call during Trio. So yeah, it's risky, but we'll see :D I've talked to Jake about taking over my instance if I get slaughtered early on.

Good call on having Jake take over your run if you get dumpstered. But remember trash hurts like a bitch as well!
"
SorakPoE wrote:

Suppose a friend offered to give you his CoE, or his Acuity. One but not both. And the friend will only give it to you if you swear to never sell either.

This question lmao, it's like asking do I get APS on my dagger or crit? Nah mate, both <3

So - basically if you get CoE, you'll be pushed into the region of death to ele reflect without Vaal Pact or Acuities.

On the other hand, if you get Acuities with your level of DPS, you won't really notice too much special above leech cap on single. Certainly will be a definite improvement, maybe double or triple but the DPS is still meh.

I know what Dominion did is get CoE and loot Acuities off Atziri's dead body - the extra DPS is always helps on her.

On the other hand, your DPS is sufficient for Uber, Loin did it with like 35k-ish so you could also try the gloves but real issue is Shavs.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 24, 2014, 11:02:47 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

This question lmao, it's like asking do I get APS on my dagger or crit? Nah mate, both <3

So - basically if you get CoE, you'll be pushed into the region of death to ele reflect without Vaal Pact or Acuities.

On the other hand, if you get Acuities with your level of DPS, you won't really notice too much special above leech cap on single. Certainly will be a definite improvement, maybe double or triple but the DPS is still meh.

I know what Dominion did is get CoE and loot Acuities off Atziri's dead body - the extra DPS is always helps on her.

On the other hand, your DPS is sufficient for Uber, Loin did it with like 35k-ish so you could also try the gloves but real issue is Shavs.

Well, the thing is I'm not really worried about Atziri too much to be honest. I barely take any damage against normal Atziri unless I forget to pop a flask before tanking Flameblast. The part I'm worried about is the trio. And having higher leech against them would be super helpful especially if I can make it through the first one and adds start showing up.

Also another factor here is that Acuity helps on the mana side as well. Right now I'm relying on a lvl 20 Clarity to meet my mana needs, and if I could drop Clarity altogether it would be a lot better...
Last edited by SorakPoE on Jun 24, 2014, 11:59:56 AM
Hey, I got lucky crown of eyes chance and decided to make this build tell me what you think so far, only level 73 so far, and my gem are only around level 17, doing about 9k dps with spectral throw.

Spoiler

Skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADH0OSBB7EH8RLxGWFy8ZihpsGo8c3B0UHaoksCepKPoqWysKLYMvbzyORnFHBlM1VdZWLVfJXvpfamNDZOdtbG-ecFJwVnC7e9d_xoCkgwmG0YhCiGuPRo_6kBuTJ5cGmZqaE5u1naOdrqcIrH-0DLQ4tMW1SLb3uJO-OsBRwQDBxcLswzrEosaeykrVT9bR2RPbGtvU2-fed-GI44Tquutj6-7z6vVL9tr60vsJ-_X8q_-T

Also I'm working on acquiring a good belt with max weapon elemental damage
Last edited by andy50 on Jun 25, 2014, 1:36:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info