POE Advertising

I'm really suprised at how many people don't even know Path of Exile exists. The other day I was playing D2 with a party of 6 or so people and when I asked if they knew of POE no one did. This is concerning because people who play/played D2 are some of the audience POE should be aiming its advertising towards.

My question here I guess is "Is there any other ways besides word of mouth/facebook/twitter that we as forum users could implement to help spread the word about POE?"

I have one suggestion the Devs could contact MightyApe (a NZ shopping site for games/movies) to see if they could get some advertising, i'm sure they wouldn't mind helping out.

That's about all I can think of right now.
RIP Bolto
Don't worry, when the game enters the open beta and the NDA are lifted, the popularity of the game will skyrocket, and if bigger game reviewer papers and youtube names like TB and MMOHut picks up the game, everyone will know about it, who cares about the genre even a bit.
I think it might be a bit early for real advertising. Right now, word of mouth and showing the game off at expos are the best thing for the game, as well as doing interviews. I have just been telling everyone I know to check it out but always run into the same thing. It isn't out yet and isn't going to be out for a little while and they lose interest.
Yeah, I told a group on TQ about POE, and none of them new about it as well...

I was watching Tv yesterday and came across a Diablo 3 add for a Coming-Soon game show coming out. And it made me think that with both games being at similar stages, POE could put maybe get some Tv spots. I'm not sure how those gaming shows work, like whether POE would pay for their game to be showcased, or if it's similar to game sites - they just advertise/spotlight new games that are coming out for free.

Anyway, I'd love to see POE get some great exposure, and perhaps some more hype before final release.
I love lamp
I agree that it's still probably a little early to start significant advertising. I know Chris mentioned at some point that they want to invite game journalists to the alpha once it's a little more polished and I think that will lead to plenty of good publicity for the time being.

If you look at World of Tanks, they really didn't do any advertising at all but since it was f2p practically every possible gaming site decided to review it when it was released around v0.6.3. Now they have a huge number of accounts. Of course they don't have to worry about a game like D3 breathing down their neck.
Forum Sheriff
As said above- when the beta is reached, then will be the time for advertisements. Until then it isn't needed, since there is nothing playable to offer ^_^
Thanks for your replies guys. I guess I agree with you that the main advertising should wait until beta (or just before beta). It's just disconcerting that Diablo 3 has nearly 1 million likes on FB and POE only has 700 when they are at similar stages of development.
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
It's just disconcerting that Diablo 3 has nearly 1 million likes on FB and POE only has 700 when they are at similar stages of development.

Not sure where you got 700, I'm only seeing 255. Still, Diablo has a cult following already, it's been around for years, while people are just finding out about PoE now. I'm sure once it gets closer to release that PoE will find a large audience.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
700 is on the news page bottom left. Its actually 698 but I rounded up.
RIP Bolto
Among that 1 million, there are a couple hundred thousand people who'd gladly play with PoE if they'd have known about it's existence. And they'll know about it soon enough as the release date draws closer and closer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info