Looking for Feedback on My Scion EK/EB/MOM/AA SUPERTANK build

The idea behind this build is to be as tanky as I can be while still doing good damage. I chose EK as my main skill because the base damage is really high on it and it doesn't require a lot of damage passives to do well.
I've wanted to run an Arctic Armor build for a long time now, never really had the motivation to level a character up that used it until recently though.

Passive Tree

Uniques I will be running:
Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance, Prism Guardian, Doedre's Damning, Geofri's Crest

Reasoning behind the chosen unique items.
Spoiler
Cloak of Defiance: I'm running EB and AA so naturally I'd want to try grab Mind Over Matter. I'm a few points short so I chose to go with this chest. Good mana/regen decent evasion (converted to armor with IR). It has Mind Over Matter built in with an additional 10% conversion over the keystone. Seems perfect. As I get to higher levels it will eventually be switched out for a better chest and then the Keystone will be picked up. It will be pretty tough to beat though.

Prism Guardian: I plan to run 4 Auras with this build, 3 of which are 60% reserve and then Clarity. The auras I will be running are Grace, Haste, Discipline and Clarity. The 3 60% Auras will be run from my mana pool and Clarity will be run through Prism Guardian on Life. With my setup 3 60% auras should take 83% of my maximum mana which should hopefully leave me with enough to spare (testing will be needed). Level 21 Clarity run through Prism Guardian on Life should reserve 96.6 Life. Prism Guardian also nets me 50% All resist which should make acquiring other gear a lot easier because I won't need to worry as much about resists.

Doedre's Damning: This ring will be used in Group play for dual curse. My main curse will be Projectile Weakness, this doesn't benefit a lot of other builds so I will have other curses on a dual curse setup using this ring for groups.

Geofri's Crest: I will be mainly running this helmet for the +1 gems for my Arctic Armor and Empower to achieve level 24 Arctic Armor. 2 left over slots will be used for one of my Auras to get a bonus level. Whichever Aura benefits the most from +1 level. Empower will be unsocketed while casting the aura to avoid the +25% mana cost. I'm unsure if the snapshotting changes that happened a while back will prevent this though.
Geofri's Crest also gives good resists including up to 30% Chaos resist which is really good. This allows me to worry less about resists on other gear, along with Prism Guardian.

Auras
Spoiler
Grace, Discipline, Haste, Clarity

Clarity and Discipline are pretty self explanatory on an EB build.

Grace will be run because I'm running the Iron Reflexes Keystone which converts all of my Evasion into Armor. With the 42% Increased Aura effect I have in the passive tree Grace should give me 2862 base Evasion at level 20. 846 over a normal level 20 Grace gem.

Haste will be run mainly for the Cast speed. With the 42% Increased Aura effect I have in the passive tree Haste should give me 24% Cast speed. 7% over a normal level 20 Haste gem.

Discipline should give me 451 base Energy Shield. 133 ES over a normal level 20 Discipline gem.

Level 21 Clarity should give 36 base Mana Regen. 11 over the normal level 21 gem.

The current planned Aura setup hasn't been tested. I'm considering switching Haste for Hatred though, that's one of the things I'm going to test.

Links
Spoiler
EK 5Link for me will be EK, Faster Casting, Life Leech, Added Fire Damage, Faster Projectiles. 6th Link will probably be Iron Will unless something better comes to mind.

Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduced Duration will be used for mobility.

Not sure whether I'm going to use a Cast When Damage taken setup since small hits are usually what proc it and with my setup I won't be taking much damage from small hits so I'm not sure whether it'd proc or not.
If not I'll be running Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, Faster Casting, Increased Duration (I don't think Increased Duration works with the endurance charges but it's mainly for the Molten Shell)

Aura links have already been explained.

Bandit Rewards
Spoiler
Oak/Oak/Oak or Oak/Oak/Kill
Life/Physical Damage/Endurance Charge or Life/Physical Damage/Passive Point

I like the extra Endurance Charge since I plan to grab the Duelist Endurance Charge at a later time for a total 5 max.

Other Gear
Spoiler
So any other gear I will mainly be looking for as much life/mana regen/resists as I can get, along with high ES, Maximum Mana and Evasion or Armor. Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Life jewellery would be great but not necessary

I'm pretty confident in the effectiveness of this build. Unfortunately for me, working in retail around the holidays means I have little time to play, so this is a build I will be going for on the 2 days I have off for Christmas and whatever time I get between now and then.
Looking for some feedback on the build. I personally think it's pretty solid looking but I could be missing something important that others may see.
Last edited by BadKnee012 on Dec 15, 2013, 9:41:30 PM
Reserved for leveling guide.
Last edited by BadKnee012 on Dec 15, 2013, 7:48:43 PM
Up early for work in the morning, I'll update the leveling portion of the guide when I'm off work tomorrow. Any questions will probably be answered before I leave for work tomorrow morning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info