Be Kind To Your Fellow Exile

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
My mom just died. :(

Can you guys pitch in $1000 for diamond supporter pack- er, I mean funeral costs? :)

Sure, send me your bank account number and pin code and i'll transfer it right over
it's a bit different in WoW since you can choose your gender. At the moment in PoE you can't, so I've never seen people assume I'm a girl (I'm not) when I play ranger (and I play ranger a lot) because it's impossible to have an inkling with the gender-lock
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
My mom just died. :(

Can you guys pitch in $1000 for diamond supporter pack- er, I mean funeral costs? :)

Only if you show me your boobies & I hear cremation is cheaper.
IGN:
If someone pretends to be a girl, it's all fine by me. I don't give items to people based on their gender.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"You reap what you sow."

That's something I always say to people cheating others.. sometimes though, I do wish I could personally push the reaping part a little, because some people just don't deserve the good fortune that has been bestowed upon them. Their general excuse "It's just a game, who cares" is so hollow and narrow-minded. Yes, it is a game, but games these days are not like they used to be years ago. These games are as much a community now as there have been in towns, cities, companies, families in real life for so long. You wouldn't cheat your co-worker out of his salary or steal from your neighbor, so why would you change that online?

In essence, we're all playing the same game, for mostly the same reasons, because we like it. To keep it enjoyable is not only the job for the development and support team, it's also ours, the community, to ensure new players feel welcome and don't get cheated, and the game can keep growing. Believe it or not, this is a big part of why games that were released over 15 years ago are still played and favored by many people, because the community stuck together through the years.

It may be a lot to ask, but can't we try and make this a good community together? Age, sex, location, race, why would it matter? We're all human, we're all exile. ;)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hear, hear.
"
Yerond wrote:
it's a bit different in WoW since you can choose your gender. At the moment in PoE you can't, so I've never seen people assume I'm a girl (I'm not) when I play ranger (and I play ranger a lot) because it's impossible to have an inkling with the gender-lock

But why would people assume that you are the samr gender as your char anyway?

I mean WoW is a RPG, it's not like people assume that you are an Orc in real life because you play it in game - why is gender so different.
Nothing to see here.
"
ReZar wrote:
"
Yerond wrote:

But why would people assume that you are the samr gender as your char anyway?

I mean WoW is a RPG, it's not like people assume that you are an Orc in real life because you play it in game - why is gender so different.

Hope.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
If you want to hand out freebies then go for it, but if you base your decision to do so on a player's supposed gender then don't be surprised when it turns out they're not who you thought they were!
What's the matter Dylan? Government got you pushing too many pencils?
You know, I spent a lot of time in WoW being mistaken for a lady, even though my avatar was male. :/ It was very annoying.

I think Yerond is right- unless people are actively making a fuss and making a point of claiming a gender, most people are unlikely to make assumptions in a game where gender is fixed. Maybe it will be more of an issue if picking a gender becomes possible in the future.
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info