Be Kind To Your Fellow Exile

I'm re-posting this from another thread because I want it to get the attention it deserves. It is this kind of trollish behavior that will prevent us from evolving into a respectable, cooperative, and loving community. Thank you for your time.

"
crimsonedge11 wrote:

I had plans as posing as a dumb female so all the virgin neck beards will be throwing free stuff at me. I've done that to great success in other games. World of Warcraft being one of them. I got my epic mount paid for. And I'm not saying that because I'm trolling, I'm dead serious.

I say this as a married man who has never been taken advantage of online:

Fooling someone into giving you something of value under false pretenses is just as bad as under-paying your employees, lying to your investors, or cheating uninformed people out of their hard-earned time and money... oh wait, that last one is exactly what you are doing. That is bad news, and I tell you this with all sincerity and the best of intentions: "You reap what you sow."
Last edited by Sanctus57 on Jan 22, 2013, 6:51:50 PM
"
Sanctus57 wrote:
I'm re-posting this from another thread because I want it to get the attention it deserves. It is this kind of trollish behavior that will prevent us from evolving into a respectable, cooperative, and loving community. Thank you for your time.

"
crimsonedge11 wrote:

I had plans as posing as a dumb female so all the virgin neck beards will be throwing free stuff at me. I've done that to great success in other games. World of Warcraft being one of them. I got my epic mount paid for. And I'm not saying that because I'm trolling, I'm dead serious.

Fooling someone into giving you something of value under false pretenses is just as bad as under-paying your employees, lying to your investors, or cheating uninformed people out of their hard-earned time and money... oh wait, that last one is exactly what you are doing. That is bad news, and I tell you this with all sincerity and the best of intentions: "You reap what you sow."

Would rather have trolls than white knights. Just sayin'.

Also, if people really paid for that guys mount because they thought he was a girl, they DESERVE to lose their gold, and what he did is hilarious.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jan 22, 2013, 6:53:39 PM
"
Sanctus57 wrote:

"
crimsonedge11 wrote:

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill and what you've posted here has been somewhat taken out of context. I remember the thread from yesterday & it was a light hearted affair where a newcomer was being welcomed into the community with open arms.

Also don't forget it is a role-playing game after all :p
IGN:
Last edited by RottenSausage on Jan 22, 2013, 6:59:20 PM
"
Sanctus57 wrote:

Yeah I agree, getting a few free chaos orbs out of some tragic sad case really is as bad as cheating people out of money irl
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 22, 2013, 6:57:57 PM
I'm bothered by many kind of behaviours but that isn't one of them.

If people are gullible enough to offer stuff to someone because they are (or pretend to be) female it's their own damn problem.
Nothing to see here.
Yeah, it is funny in some respects, but it is also devious and manipulative. We can aspire to greater things in life.
It's a Con. Nothing more and nothing less.
Last edited by Rollback on Jan 22, 2013, 7:03:29 PM
"
Sanctus57 wrote:

The phrase in bold is where your post went wrong.

The person in question is on shaky moral ground - but in reality, what he did is not as bad as any of the things you used as a comparison.

As long as there are gullible people in the world, there will be people that exploit gullible people. Posting here has a 0% chance of changing that.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
My mom just died. :(

Can you guys pitch in $1000 for diamond supporter pack- er, I mean funeral costs? :)
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
So now we have internet morality police on the forums? Great.
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info