worst downloader ever

"
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
downloader is fine i had 10mb/s speed

No. It's not fine, but it's not fine for different reasons than OP states.

"Allocating space" should NOT take like half an hour for your install. It should be about 30 seconds.

Crappy PC talking about allocating space.

Good thing it took like 1minute the first time barely and 10 seconds every other restart i did over the course of 2 days , 2 weeks or so ago.

News report, buy a real HDD or simply an SSD.
I have had one issue were it would get hung up around 99 percent and then reset to like 90 percent over and over and over...

I waited like a week and tried again and it worked fine. problems do occur so OP if you just wanted to complain that's fine but if your looking for a possible solution post some specs. lots of people here are helpful if you ask nicely. I am pretty bad at toubleshooting this kind of stuff though but I hear there's a forum dedicated to this kind of stuff. Did you look for a solution there?
And the QQ begins!
No problems here. For Cod's sake, please think before doing the blame game. Could it be your PC? your software? your ISP even? The world does not revolve around your PC and connection.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
"
darkjoy wrote:
Never had a problem with the downloader -- or the allocating space problem you describe.

Maybe it's your computer or your internet connection.

Well, I haven't downloaded the game from scratch in about a year so...they may have fixed the allocating space by now

Edited for the guy who said "buy a real HDD or a SSD", to get the higher seek/write times that you're speaking of, you have to sacrifice space. Sorry, I'm a real gamer, I don't play one game. I currently have about 300 games on my computer. I could fill up a 150$ SSD with 3 games easily.
Last edited by Clarynaa on Jan 22, 2013, 8:05:57 PM
Wish I had that pic that says "Oh, it's one of these threads again".

Guy doesn't even have beta and is already whining about the download of an few gigabyte game rofl.
"
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

"Allocating space" should NOT take like half an hour for your install. It should be about 30 seconds.

Yeah, I agree.
I'm here looking for a kind soul to me to dispose of a beta key for the game. I know it is less than a day but I try to have as much time, and I am so unlucky that I could never! Still giving a reward of key dota 2 =).
It's not the actual download that's being complaining about. It's the "allocating space" portion of what appears to be the actual setup process. It's like, most games will download and then go through some sort of install process, whether it's directx or a true installer package. PoE on the other hand appears to do these processes at the start, prior to the actual download. Once the download is complete you can immediately play. For those of us with slightly older computers (or perhaps I should just say non-i5, non-i7 based computers) this process can take a a good length of time. The irritation from this length of time is somewhat misplaced because of that difference.

The download itself from GGG has no limits on speed as far as I have experienced.

I'm always blindsided by the ignorant replies I see in forums. "Get a better computer!" "Your internet sucks"... Good grief, I guess some people never grow out of high school. EDIT: That being said the OP's statement was immaturely phrased and not objective either. Par for course on forums I suppose.
Last edited by EffectiveNess on Jan 22, 2013, 9:45:55 PM
"
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Mine usually takes ~1 second per 100MB of patch for allocating space.
256GB Samsung 830 SSD, get one.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info