Path of Exile Wiki update

Hey everyone, some of you here might know me, some of you might not. For those that don't, I've been running the Path of Exile Wiki now for the last year.

The wiki is available in English, German, French and Russian languages, and it's all got there because of the few hundred people who've helped out where they could.

As you might have seen, over the last three weeks, the site performance hasn't been where anyone would want it, with the database frequently taking a dive and crashing out.

Curse contacted me on Sunday with regards to acquiring the site, they've got a great track record and I know that they're capable of keeping even the busiest sites online. Seriously, the Minecraft wiki does 5 million pageviews a day!

Not only that, but they've shown a lot of excitement in getting new tools for the community, and I know that they're able to deliver great things.

What does this all mean? Well, I don't have to worry about the site constantly going down and dealing with the hassle of all the maintenance, which means I'll finally be able to be much more active and involved with actually creating some content.

The site has just been migrated over to their servers, so some of you should hopefully already be able to see it at it's new home, but DNS is updating and it could take up to another hour.

That leaves us with open beta in less than 24 hours, I'm mega excited about it, and there's a lot of work to be done on the site to make sure it's ready for the massive influx of people I'm expecting to see. It'd be great if you could all keep contributing like you have been!
Last edited by iamacyborg on Jan 22, 2013, 6:33:46 PM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2016, 4:44:13 AM
That's good ! I had a hard time using the wiki the past few days.
"
Reddart wrote:
That's good ! I had a hard time using the wiki the past few days.

Yeah, over the last month and a half it just grew completely out of my control, and the host provider I was with was exceptionally unhelpful in helping me move the site - Curse contacting me was really a perfect solution.
Good job, the site is an invaluable resource look forward to using it as a reference point into open beta.
IGN:
Good to know, and good luck keeping us all informed with the stuff we need :-)
Last edited by Steerpike on Jan 22, 2013, 6:41:23 PM
Awsomesauce!

Good luck with it and also thanks alot (past and future) for all the awsomegood info on the wiki!
Happy to do it!

But seriously, if you guys want to help out, please do...
*removed
Last edited by Nickoladze on Jan 22, 2013, 6:48:28 PM
Really excited about you joining us iamacyborg!
I upgraded my support to gold to celebrate :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info