Pillars Of Eternity: Obsidian's new cRPG

"
Sa_Re wrote:
It looks to good to be true, even the name is badass (PoE).

heh ya I had noticed that as well, pretty neat
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I've loved Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale , BG2 is still one of my favorite games , I'll check this for sure when it'll be released; for now I'll keep my hopes down...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Lurked the official forums a bit:

Mages there are totally boring (and useless in the current state). Deliberately changing the most awesome class in IE games to a cheap damage dealer with a bit of cc. I'll prolly wait for mods before I buy that. :/

Class devs reasoning:
No invisibility spells because Rogues already do that.
No Summoning spells because chanters (bards) already do that.
No hardcounters which made fights in modded IE games (original AI and NPC spell tables are too dumb) epic because, well he doesn't like it.

Someone made a successful beta run with a party of 6 chanters. Devs response "Oh, we'll have to nerf them".

This is a fucking single player RPG but they treat class balance like Mobas. WTF /rant
Last edited by Sa_Re on Nov 17, 2014, 6:39:25 AM
I see what you mean but I still trust them to make it fun right outve the gate
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Not impressed. Someone got me to try Divinity: Original Sin, and I realize I hate these sorta games. I hate running into wall, after wall of text. If I find myself caring so little about the story that I'm just mashing through the dialogue in a game, then I don't need to be playing it. Same goes for any text heavy game.

Divinity: Original Sin was completely overboard with text. Even random NPCs had 6 different 500 word essays to read. Developers everywhere should understand that is what you don't do with a game.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 5:09:16 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Not impressed. Someone got me to try Divinity: Original Sin, and I realize I hate these sorta games. I hate running into wall, after wall of text. If I find myself caring so little about the story that I'm just mashing through the dialogue in a game, then I don't need to be playing it. Same goes for any text heavy game.

Divinity: Original Sin was completely overboard with text. Even random NPCs had 6 different 500 word essays to read. Developers everywhere should understand that is what you don't do with a game.

You are not their target audience then. But D:OS is really painful in this regard because the story and dialogue are plain bad. I stopped playing at some point because the combat system was fun and challenging at the beginning but just faceroll later, no tactics needed and I had no interest to see how the story turns out in the end.

Knowing obsidian, the story and dialogue will be high quality and mature. Might still not be your game, this is a real crpg. But there is a high chance atm that they will fuck up the combat system. :(

Target audience for these kind of games:
- those who love infinity engine games
- people who like good stories and well done tactical group combat
- people who like good stories and want to just faceroll easy difficulty to progress the story

Isn't this the game where they said they could make really great invironments without much PC strain because they are actually 2D?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
if you like those kind of games dragon age origins brought me even more joy than bg2(playing it the last weeks)

was pretty excited when i heard da3 released this weekend just to find out it basicly has nothing in common with those old crpg games

wtf its a skyrimclone with buildin datingsim and a fucking TREASURE ECHOLOT games have developed in a weird direction apparently its custom now to numb down everthing and handheld the player so you press 1 button and screen lights up with effects

sad direction story has less and less meaning now origins gave me a good dive in feeling
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Nov 18, 2014, 7:30:12 PM
This review tells me all I need to know about the new DA
http://www.metacritic.com/user/DragonKnight

(Modded) DA:O was great but no contender to bg2 with sword coast stratagem mod for me.
"
In contrast to DA: Origins, you can’t set up some complicated tactics for your companions, but this is unnecessary anyway. Friendly fire is disabled by default, so just forget your companions, and let them either fight or fall. You can handle fights easily by charging upfront and having high reflex in right timing of attack, dodge and button mashing.

thx for proving my point

"
So lets see how it goes , once upon a time a great game came to be , it was called dragon age origins , it was so different and hard , took me a while to get used to all the tactical features but once i did i fell in love!
And the story... oh man left me thinking about it long after the game was over...
DA2 was a very hard punch in the face but i took it and stood up again , i had many other great games to play and enjoy !
Then i heard about DA3 they said its comming back to the roots DA1 reborn? i slowly become hyped ... i was so bored and wanted so badly to get the feel of DA1 again.
But this time the punch was 2 much for me to take... The cruel console machine is slowly taking over... Hmm we want easy money so lets go for the winning formula - doll gameplay , action console like combat , lots of mmorpg style of quests , and yes we are rich! who cares about reputation and respect money is everything for us! And so the age of console taken over the age of PC. Who needs to think anyhow.. it alot more fun running around and clicking random buttons.
I might dig into the game just for the small honor i got left from DA1 days but honestly they dont deserve even a score of 1 . From a well respected company to a greedy monster ( seems like an awsome trend this days )

could be my review

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Nov 18, 2014, 8:01:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info