Can we trade Microtransaction Items to other players?

a pet for a pet would be fine since its not in-game currency.P2W start when someone spend RL money for in-game currency/stuff that give im a advantage compared to other who wont do the same.

It would be nice if we could. God knows I am going to be sitting on a lot of points I wish I could use to buy my friends goodies.
However I know most will argue that such a system would allow trading of pay items for in-game items, which is technically P2W.
Of course, there is nothing stopping people from doing that outside in-game systems anyway. Giving money via paypal and doing the trade in-game afterward. So I don't see how it'd matter.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jan 22, 2013, 4:09:15 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Misguidance wrote:
I suppose that's a fair point.

I wonder then if there could be an option in the shop to buy gift cards, then? I mean, it would be pretty cool to be able to send friends pets for birthdays, and stuff.

A gift card would be the exact same, people would trade it for in-game currency.

Yeah, now I've thought it through more I can see I was being a plank. :/ It would be the same problem.

I suppose I will just have to resort to blackmailing my friends into buying pets by promising to give them the money for it. Less fun, but at least they still get the pet and I still end up paying. :P
I'm not a n00b- I'm a Online Game Floor Examination Expert.
"
Misguidance wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Misguidance wrote:

I wonder then if there could be an option in the shop to buy gift cards, then? I mean, it would be pretty cool to be able to send friends pets for birthdays, and stuff.

A gift card would be the exact same, people would trade it for in-game currency.

Yeah, now I've thought it through more I can see I was being a plank. :/ It would be the same problem.

I suppose I will just have to resort to blackmailing my friends into buying pets by promising to give them the money for it. Less fun, but at least they still get the pet and I still end up paying. :P

You might be able to contact the support team and arrange for the micro-transaction you pay for to be applied directly to your friends account.

Not sure if it's possible & haven't heard of it being done before but the seem pretty flexible on most things so might be worth considering if it's something you really really want to do.
IGN:
"
Misguidance wrote:

I guess it can be done via support - i bought my roommate the 10$ prepurchase for his birthday (first i asked support if it would be possible to transfere the 100 points and after i got their confirmation i bought it and send them the account name of my roommate and asked them kindly again if they could transfere the points :))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
i wonder if i'll be able to send microtransaction points to friend accounts in the future, would be nice.
"
pigsRflying wrote:
i wonder if i'll be able to send microtransaction points to friend accounts in the future, would be nice.

I can't see it happening as you could then very easily start selling standard in game items for microtransaction points.
IGN:
the thing is send microtransaction point to a friend can turn P2W also lol.if everyone can do it, player will use it to sell for in-game stuff.you send some of your point to someone in exchange of IN-game currency.

"
zakariusqc wrote:
the thing is send microtransaction point to a friend can turn P2W also lol.if everyone can do it, player will use it to sell for in-game stuff.you send some of your point to someone in exchange of IN-game currency.

Yes, but where does the "It -COULD- be used for P2W" excuse stop? I understand that they don't want it to happen, but it seems restrictive in the extreme. A lot of good ideas could be shot down by that phrase.

"We can't have that! Someone MIGHT stick it in their eye and sue us!"
It's still pay to win, if a player decides that he can use his money to buy GGGold to trade it for ingame items from other people.
Of course he could also do that with real money, but that's one hurdle more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info