Will points always cost $10 for 100?

Or will that ratio change after open beta?
It will most likely stay the same. There is no reason for it to change at this point.
Yes, I believe so.
Better get the supporter packs, to get free stuff that comes along with!
I think it's more probable that the price of microtransactions change rather than the amount points you can buy for ten dollars.
Who can say? I personally would expect the point cost of items in the cash shop to be what fluctuates moreso than the dollars to points ratio.
"
Mortal321 wrote:
I think it's more probable that the price of microtransactions change rather than the amount points you can buy for ten dollars.

You play any Free 2 Play MMOs? Because they always have the cash -> currency -> items instead of cash -> items.
"
LunacyPolish wrote:
Who can say? I personally would expect the point cost of items in the cash shop to be what fluctuates moreso than the dollars to points ratio.

GGG will not suddenly inflate the money:points ratio

If I paid 100 dollars and got 1000 points then GGG decided to make it 50$:1000 points it would devalue what i originally purchased. More likely is that if something if too expensive or too cheap they will change if in the cash shop.

I'm not sure if it's the case, but the cash:point system is primarily to deal with issues of inflation. Otherwise you would have a pet for sale for 10$ american dollars and the same pet would be 6.31 pound. This is adjusts for the difference in currency and the they can also adjust it for inflation. Again I'm not sure if this is the case it's just a common reason points are used.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Last edited by Zidjian on Jan 22, 2013, 3:40:08 PM
"
LunacyPolish wrote:

This is my thought as well.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
*edit* double post.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on Jan 22, 2013, 3:50:06 PM
Wait, why would they raise the price of items, that's the same thing?

More what I was asking is if the current packs you can buy if they are a special deal or not. While post-release it won't make sense to change the ratio, other games have provided special rates pre-release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info