Reason I hate ranged

80% of the time you are fighting mobs off screen, especially in group. D3 same thing. It's even worse watching streams than playing fighting who knows what your shooting at. Listen just for lolz of streams and info, then you watch and it's like dam how fun is it to them. I persaonlly find it not fun at all, doesn't really feel like your in the action,.
I'll agree that melee is more fun as long as it's balanced. For example, in D2, melee was extremely tough starting out compared to ranged, even when you did have elite gear, ranged was still superior just to having so much less to worry about. I honestly haven't played much of POE despite buying a closed beta key, I just wanted a feel for the game and it appears that it will be fun but I can't speak for the balance in POE or even all of the skill gems available. Hopefully they will find ways to challenge everyone and make it more engaging for ranged without cheap methods(looking at you d3).
Yeah, really thought it was boring as well, but I got boread of melee after creating 3 melee characters, gotta admit playing a ranged character is not that bad.
It's not that is't bad, melee doesn't have to be so called balanced as people would but dps, I've seen some HC videos of some crushing melee, it's all about gear and farming, ground slam is pretty much ranged kiting and what not, but your not fighting mobs off screen. Most bow and range builds are still fun, game is amzing, just more less I guess in party fighting off screen mobs seem to suck more fun out of me, solo fun.
"
80% of the time you are fighting mobs off screen

I beg to differ.

Frankly, i enjoy my ranger just as much as i enjoy my 2h Duelist.

Infact, it´s easier to play him aswell rater then the Ranger(Ranged)

_For Example_

-Take a look at every short race there is:

U aint looking at a Ranged Ranger in the 1st spot (If Nugiyen aint playing that is, and perhaps not even then)

There is nothing wrong with the Melee part of this game. Dont know really what you are talking about at all infact,

It´s a matter of how you gear your char and how you spend your talent points.

But yes.

Til now Casters in general have had an advatage over Melee in the verry end, that is correct.

zzZzzzZzzZz
"
It's not that is't bad, melee doesn't have to be so called balanced as people would but dps, I've seen some HC videos of some crushing melee, it's all about gear and farming, ground slam is pretty much ranged kiting and what not, but your not fighting mobs off screen. Most bow and range builds are still fun, game is amzing, just more less I guess in party fighting off screen mobs seem to suck more fun out of me, solo fun.

you cant really call ground slam ''melee'' its half melee...

real melee are like domination blow, frenzy, infernal blow etc where you have to be really in close combat
here : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70054
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Look at it this way, if your in a group and there fighting from off screen and loot drops and there not around to see it.... does it really drop FOR them or the melee :D
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info