open beta downloader?

ok so i have downloaded path of exile...and when Open beta is released do i need download again path of exile or..?
No, you will not need to download the whole client again. There will be a patch(0.10.0) that will upgrade the CB client to the OB client.
You need only patch if you already installed client.
Yllä lohduton taivas, alla hylätty maa. Yksin yöstä kurkotan valoon, vielä huudan: päästäkää minut!
oh goodies than :D
I have a different question, or rather a complaint. I was downloading it and had passed around 50% when I got an error. Like blizzard downloader, I thought it would continue where it had stopped but no, I had to start all from the beginning again.

This wouldn't really be a matter if it wasn't for the crazy-slow download speed, currently around 150kb/s. Is this speed usual or is it only for me?

P.S. I'm used to around 3mb/s.
IGN: Tiamos
"
Swen88 wrote:
I have a different question, or rather a complaint. I was downloading it and had passed around 50% when I got an error. Like blizzard downloader, I thought it would continue where it had stopped but no, I had to start all from the beginning again.

This wouldn't really be a matter if it wasn't for the crazy-slow download speed, currently around 150kb/s. Is this speed usual or is it only for me?

Download speed is quite low atm. I guess there is lots of traffic because open beta starts tomorrow.
Yllä lohduton taivas, alla hylätty maa. Yksin yöstä kurkotan valoon, vielä huudan: päästäkää minut!
"
Swen88 wrote:

You're downloading it the day before a launch, the speeds are going to be slow.

However, if you closed the downloader and re-opened it, it should regather it's resources(like on the blizzard downloader) and then continue downloading from where it left off.

It may look like it's downloading the whole thing again, but from my understanding it's just going back through to files to understand at what part it needs to start downloading again.
"
Elynole wrote:

You're downloading it the day before a launch, the speeds are going to be slow.

However, if you closed the downloader and re-opened it, it should regather it's resources(like on the blizzard downloader) and then continue downloading from where it left off.

It may look like it's downloading the whole thing again, but from my understanding it's just going back through to files to understand at what part it needs to start downloading again.

It did check the resources, that's why I got shocked when it started from 0% again. :(

Well well, I can't play until tomorrow anyway so it's not that big of concern that it may have sounded, but just wanted you to know and hopefully no one else will have the same problem.
IGN: Tiamos
"
Swen88 wrote:

It did check the resources, that's why I got shocked when it started from 0% again. :(

Well well, I can't play until tomorrow anyway so it's not that big of concern that it may have sounded, but just wanted you to know and hopefully no one else will have the same problem.

Next time that you get an error on the downloader, make sure you take a screenshot. Posting it in the Bug & Support section. If at anything, it may be a bug that GGG is unaware of! :)
good that i downloaded like 4days ago had 10mb/s :D
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jan 22, 2013, 1:39:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info