best weapon for dual wield

For high strength builds with resolute technique - axes.

For high dexterity crit builds - rapiers.

For mixed builds that need accuracy and benefit nicely from crit - swords (elemental cleave templar).
Here was a duel wield build I was messing with that also focuses on crit multiplier

Link To Build
S L O W E R
"
VictorDoom wrote:
there is no best gear in general, it depends on your build, if you want to go Elemental damage or physical damage and how high certain attributes your build will have.

what elemental damage? weapon? passive? support gem?
"
are rapiers superior to other one hand weapons for duelists?

Rapiers generally better than other swords(except sabres or crosshair swords) at low and high level they can have real good speed and physical or elemantel mods on them, only downside they need a lot of dex so u have to be near dex side of tree for use them(ranger,shadow or duelist)

btw elemental dmg based on your passive nodes, weapon modes, skill and support gems u can go with high crit chance with elemental dmg or full physical and converted from physical to elemental dmg with resolute technique(alway hits never crit)
Last edited by Ceykey on Jan 22, 2013, 12:17:50 PM
"
Levistus wrote:

what elemental damage? weapon? passive? support gem?

when going elemental damage route, all of the above, need to maximize damage every way possible
S L O W E R
what do you guys suggest i go for? full physical or elemental? i want to dish out the most dmg i can.
There are two main builds that use dual-wield to its fullest potential:
1) Dual Strike & Cleave. These two skills swing both weapons at once, factoring in the mainhand attack speed only. You probably want a 1.7 attack speed fencing sword mainhand (although the 1.6 bladed swords also work) and a hard-hitting, relatively slow bladed sword or axe offhand. The axe is better in a vacuum, but going sword lets you maximize effectiveness of sword passives.
2) Elemental Hit. The concept here is that you're using a fixed-damage skill, so the damage of your weapons isn't of primary importance, and you're dual-wielding for the 15% attack speed bonus. Here you just want the fastest weapons possible. I guess you'd probably use Lightning Strike for AoE; even though it's not really a dual-wield skill, any elemental damage passives you take would work for both skills.

For most other skills, dual-wielding is usually suboptimal compared to sword+board or two-handed.

For both builds above, at least one really fast sword is a good idea.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 22, 2013, 1:54:02 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
There are two main builds that use dual-wield to its fullest potential:
1) Dual Strike & Cleave. These two skills swing both weapons at once, factoring in the mainhand attack speed only. You probably want a 1.7 attack speed fencing sword mainhand (although the 1.6 bladed swords also work) and a hard-hitting, relatively slow bladed sword or axe offhand. The axe is better in a vacuum, but going sword lets you maximize effectiveness of sword passives.
2) Elemental Hit. The concept here is that you're using a fixed-damage skill, so the damage of your weapons isn't of primary importance, and you're dual-wielding for the 15% attack speed bonus. Here you just want the fastest weapons possible. I guess you'd probably use Lightning Strike for AoE; even though it's not really a dual-wield skill, any elemental damage passives you take would work for both skills.

For most other skills, dual-wielding is usually suboptimal compared to sword+board or two-handed.

For both builds above, at least one really fast sword is a good idea.

is it better to use 2h for lightning strike?
"
Levistus wrote:
Yeah probably. The dual-wield version focuses on optimizing Elemental Hit, not Lightning Strike; LS is just filling a role (AoE). If you care less about single-target you'd probably go 2h.

Elemental Hit dual-wielding wands could solve this problem by adding Chain, etc. to the mix.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Levistus wrote:
Yeah probably. The dual-wield version focuses on optimizing Elemental Hit, not Lightning Strike; LS is just filling a role (AoE). If you care less about single-target you'd probably go 2h.

Elemental Hit dual-wielding wands could solve this problem by adding Chain, etc. to the mix.

what makes wand better than other weapons for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info