please advise on my 1h + shield / dualwield build

I have been playing a DW shadow a while, but he dies too often. So I plan on making a 1h sword or dw sword with Marauder.

what do you think of my melee build below?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7Ta6rKrynHKpWfMLKPcyZS-Yb8Aabpf460pPkn2QVZT7QaqzMeXPp4TxihRxDTB99Ro4J0-nMA48ErzsOESB974UIDpSKU862BiwUEeGYOQigptN2NwjGJFWBBpsnjyMdj-bYVKdrhmFgW-fy2CIMgmnCCSqBLMotbiT2t0VUDbpFE3wHwJx704MfeNqogC0-V0AQKAQfyNNGF0FLSFgxp5ANnTxRHIY2565hMRDnA6tFHUppcHYJOH7RRfq

I prefer dualwield, but can I tank without a shield? My plan is to make a fast hitting sword wielder with high crit chance and crit dmg.

I heard that there are physical reflect and elemental reflect mobs, is it a must to pick vaal pact?

please give me some advices, I solo most of the time.

Thanks
Last edited by samhongkong on Jan 22, 2013, 10:33:58 AM
i havent really played marauder much but from looking at your passives, i'd get rid of the Armour Master node and pick up the Elemental Adaptation node!

And if you're going to go more tanky and use the shield, get even more health from the nodes around golems blood at the duelist tree! Youve picked up the physical damage nodes near the templar start point, so maybe that elementalist node point could be used elsewhere

I've never dual wielded so I cant tell which one is best :O between 1h/shield or dw
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass
"
alexv906 wrote:
i havent really played marauder much but from looking at your passives, i'd get rid of the Armour Master node and pick up the Elemental Adaptation node!

And if you're going to go more tanky and use the shield, get even more health from the nodes around golems blood at the duelist tree! Youve picked up the physical damage nodes near the templar start point, so maybe that elementalist node point could be used elsewhere

I've never dual wielded so I cant tell which one is best :O between 1h/shield or dw

Thank you for your comment.

For your info, this build already grants me 40% all elemental resist. Is it really necessary to take Elemental Adaptation? because it only gives me 5% elemental resist, but the banit quest will give me 8% elemental resist each time.

If I get rid of the Armour Master node, but choose the catalyse node that grants me 50% elemental dmg. Is it wiser or not?

Yes, I like more hp. I will put the left points into hp nodes or some mana investment. Do I need to invest some points into mana regeneration / mana per kill? Since I had played shadow only, I am not sure about Marauder.

How about Vall Pact? is it necessary to face tank phisical reflect / elemental reflect mobs?

I have no high level characters and know too little. I am really appreciated your advice.

Thanks!
Elemental Adaptation gives you 5% to Maximum resistance but does not give you any resistance its self! Since the maximum base resistance you can have is 75%, with this node you can have 80% maximum resistance which you can get with passives/items/quest rewards. i hope that makes sense!

I think that depends weather you'll be using physical damage or elemental damage as your main source of damage! Unless you're planning on using both types, then yes! removing a few unnecessary skill points to get 50% more Elemental damage would be pretty sweet

The last few points you made I'm not so sure how to answer :( I haven't played marauder very much and depending what skill gems you use you'll require a different mana pool and mana regeneration value.

Also, when I went Vaal Pact i didnt have the correct set of gear/support gems to use it to its full effect! So I wouldn't be gaining enough health during fights to stay alive and had to remove that passive node t-t I was quite upset! in addition, I'm not exactly sure how Vaal Pact vs. Reflect mobs work! If you take the reflected amount of damage to your health before Vaal pact does its effect, you could possibly one shot yourself. But since it says the life leech applies instantly, I think you take the damage that is reflected to you subtracted by the amount of health you recieve from your life leech, and that's how much life you gain/lose. err.. for example:

you hit 1000 physical damage vs physical reflect mob (guessing 20% physical reflect) with 3% life leech, you would gain 30hp and take 200 damage (assuming you have 0 armour), but the 30hp would be subtracted from the 200 damage you take, so all you would have happen is you would lose 170hp (owwie)

I'm pretty new to this game myself and am trying to learn the mechanics as fast as i can ^.^

I think if you have high enough resist and armour, which you will probably have by ruthless, and with the amount of HP/life regeneration per second/life leech you have, you can face tank reflect mobs without having vaal pact.. Plus if you do get vaal pact you can have no life regen/second at all! Which you have 4.4% in passive nodes of! just be careful when you see those reflect auras and you'll be okay

I hope i'm still being a little helpful, haha!~!!
"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass
I didn't know the element adaptation gives the Maximum resist. Thank you for pointitng it out. I almost missed it!

With Zealot, I will surely ignore Vaal Pact. Need to replan my build though. But you inspired me much !

Thank you for you advice. You are really helpful, indeed ! Especially to clarify the Elemental Adaptation Node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info