Elemental damage | Spectacular Throw, questions about build

Hi all :)

What you think about the build, any tips? I garbed the new Chaos damage nodes for damage over time, build is weapon elemental damage with elemental defense and tanky. Through out the way I garbed few increase physical damage nodes that are not specific to a weapon class, to boost Spectacular Throw. Also looking at discharge Endurance charges on hit when using Cyclone for enemy groups.

End game weapon; Wings of Entropy and skill tree should look like this;

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecDlgUtEuEUIBRxFHUY2xkuGlUb-iFgJIslvCXfJ-0ppS3SMZ4yCTJ-Mok1kjXWNug6UjrYOyg9D0CgQapFCkZpR35KfUrITdhN404qUEdUSVb6Vw1X4livW69gQ2BLYSFjp2SjZU1noGf8ah5sRm49bmlybHKpdEF07XTxdud35XgNeu98u3zZgW-C5IMJhNmE74dqh3aKr4x2kBGQbJHOnjyeuZ7Nn8ukGaZXpzCoGKluqZSsWayqtfK53btNvqe-vMAPwdjEFcT2ypDSIdJN2WHdDd1G3V_fv-dS7DjvDvIv8930xve-_E78xf6P

Last edited by uber_cookie on Dec 14, 2013, 5:48:43 AM
- Increased DoT damage and increased Chaos damage with Spectral Throw build? :S

EDIT: Didn't read that you would use Wings of Entropy. Do you really think that extra ~30 chaos damage is worth 3 points?

- Melee damage doesn't increase spectral throw's damage. On the other hand you could've picked the projectile damage nodes which in turn increases the elemental damage of Spectral Throw

- Picking up physical damage on an elemental build is a waste since it doesn't scale well. If you deal 100 physical damage and pick +50% increased phys dmg you would do only 150 damage, whereas if you have 500 phys dmg you would deal 750 phys dmg, so it is not worth it. Small amount of physical damage is insignificant since armor reduces it to near zero.

- +8% ele dmg nodes probably a waste of points.

- Blood drinker = 2% PHYSICAL attack damage leeched as life. Why would you pick this up on an ele dmg build?
Last edited by Nickkelz on Dec 14, 2013, 8:18:32 AM
I picked up Iron Grip which applies physical to Projectiles. I know that physical damage wont be much and yes you are very right that Blood Drinker is probably a waist gonna test it and probably change from it, I am also not sure about the 3 Chaos nodes gonna check them out and see how they run.

Reason why I am not going all out on elemental is because Spectacular Throw can leach some HP in addition to gain HP on hit, with support of Added Fire Damage and Ignite (think the Chaos additional damage over time applies to this?) + Faster Projectiles and Leaser or Greater Projectiles will be perfect sniping option. Single target, looking at Infernal Blow and Dual Strike supported by Added Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage.

With my current gear Infernal Blow deals 1021, but due to lack of attack speed not the best skill for single target.

I will play around with it and see how it goes, but thanks for the feedback as it has helped me :)
Quick update as original path i was taking wasn't working with Blode magic, I would eventually like to grab it. Almost at the level 63, the skill tree looks like this at the moment;
Passive skill tree build

Could tank Piety in Cruel (might not be anything special but I was surprised :) ) using Spectacular or Cyclone when need some health refresh. Mana regen is on the low side therefor using Hybrid Sething or Bubbling pots works very well and gets you out of trouble.

Current gear;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info