So I have the flu now

And I wanna crawl up in a ditch and die because my stomach feels like a war zone.

Are there any remedies for this? I really want the tummy to stop hurting so badly...
You bought the wrong one.

I just got the normal "cold" or how its called for 50%OFF Wintersale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Want me to hug you aww :( no but really just fight it :P you will be fine eventually.

Did you not get a flu shot?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Ginger or peppermint tea is usually what works for me... small amounts at a time. Stay hydrated, sleep as much as you can. Laying down and believe it or not the fetal position sometimes help too. But try different positions while you are laying down. I have found that sometimes just getting your legs in just the right spot helps relieve those nasty spasms.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Dec 14, 2013, 6:42:12 PM
I almost never get the flu. I use the bitter, isolated hermit approach as other people equal sickness.

That and staying hydrated is key. No soda.
I've been drinking lots of Gatorade and had some Pepto-Bismol which neither really seems to help...
I'm not a Medical Professional, but I have been treating patients/casualties for 10 years.

This is what I do when I am sick and why:

*This is not Medical Advice, I'm just telling you what I do and the reasoning behind it, I also force this regime onto the Wife and Kids(as best as I can make a 2year old comply) and it works very well.
Spoiler
- Tea with Honey (actual honey, not the flavour) and Lemon (actual lemon)
after the Tea drink Hot water with Lemon and/or Honey in it.

- 1:1 Ratio, since Teas is a mild diuretic.

- Get Ginger/Garlic/Horseradish Tablets

- Eat lots of Fruit

- Don't break your normal sleep routine, add in 2 x 1 hour naps if you need them.

- Try to maintain normal body temp, don't sweat it out or chill it out.

--If your sinuses are congested, fill a small bowl with boiling water (remove from heat source) and squeeze 1/2 a lemon into it, and/or Mint Leaves, place a towel over your head and the bowl, inhale the vapour through your Nose, exhale through your mouth, careful you don't burn your face or faint.

-Vicks Vapo-rub, always have it on your chest.

The reason is that you cant fight the Virus, you are just trying to help your body fight the Virus and at the same time you want to be as comfortable as possible.

Hydration is the answer to most of life's problems. So hydrate.
Fruit is easy to digest and full of antioxidants and vitamins or whatever. It feeds your body without the body needing to do any real work, plus the Fructose helps keep your Sugar level on a plateau, rather than peaks and drops.

Ginger, Garlic and Horseradish are all good immune system boosters, but the pills taste like horse piss.

If you overheat, your body will have to work to cool you off. If you are too cold, your body will spend energy heating up. So keep it neutral.

Take from this what you will. I am a homeless lobster monster that lives in a dump behind an old Observatory, there is no point in suing me.

You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Gonna go search the kitchen for fruit then, maybe ill find some tea too lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info