I've got an "All the auras" scion core. Where to go from here?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcMfQ48EH8RlhRxFy8ZihqPHNwdFB2qIcMksCcLJ-0o-iymL280CjdmN4NBqkKjRnFV1lfhWfNk52aeb55wu3Kpdgh_xoCkgseDCYbRj0aQ1pMnm7Wm66cIrKq0DLiTwBrDOsaeykrZE-GI6rrr7vPd9tr3Mvjr-WX56PrS-wn-SQ==

So here is the "bare minimum" tree in order to get all the reduced reservation nodes + elemental adaptation. I believe it's the most efficient tree, though if someone has an even more efficient layout I'd love to see it! The starting area is pretty interchangeable.

The question is, what to do with the remaining 30 (assuming I stop caring about experience at around level 80) passive points? Of course the natural end-game would be to go Iron Reflexes, throw everything into armor and ES, and grab a 6l shavs, but I'm probably not going to get there for a loooooong time, so I won't feel too bad about throwing an exalt or two into regrets once I pass a milestone or two.

I was thinking about doing the above anyway and simply make a Dominus farming IR/IQ monster. I believe there's no chaos damage involved in the upper pillar/dominus fight run (though my current character facerolls the unique zoo so there might be one who does chaos damage in that fight and I never noticed).

Another possibility is to just go for culling and ride parties all the way. I would need a setup with a decent health buffer (because again, no shavs for a loooong time), but from what I hear cullers are always welcome to free rides in parties.

Any suggestions?
Also, I'm getting tired of constantly checking xyz for someone to sell a prism guardian that's online :/
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Dec 13, 2013, 9:57:09 PM
Beyond league.
Well I'm currently level 37 and almost to cruel, and right off the bat the biggest thing I'm worried about is defense and survivability. Getting a fully leveled Arctic Armor with Grace+evasion is probably going to help a lot there, but I'm rather worried about my total ES+life. Having 84% resists won't help all that much if I have 1/3rd the ES/life most other characters have.

Would it be more worthwhile to skip Iron Reflexes and just focus on getting as many +es nodes as possible?

Here's my take on the culler tree with Iron Reflexes:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlghnDH0OPA5IEH8RlhRxFkAWbxcvGDwZihpVGo8byBzcHRQdqiSwJwsn7Sj6KaUvbzboNuk7KEGqQqNDMUNjRnFHBk4qVcZV1lj1WfNb9F4TX2pgQ2EhY0Nko2TnZp5uPW-ecLtxTXKpdgh_xoCkgseDCYTvhX2G0Y9GkyeTOprPm7WdxJ_LpwinMKyqtAy2QbcxuJO9J8AawuzDOsaeykrPZdDQ2RPhiONq44Tr7vF28uHz3fba9zL46_no-tL7CQ==

Of note is the really small +50%ish ES and +50%ish health (remember, no shavs!). It's also really, really tight, there's so many good nodes right by where I'm going but I can't invest in them because I'm out of points.

Here is what I've got without Iron Reflexes:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAW8DlgWTDH0OPA5IEH8RlhRxFkAWbxcvGYoajxzcHRQdqiSwJwsn7Sj6KU8spi9vNAo26TdmN4M62DsoPI5BqkKjQ2NGcUcGTdhVxlXWV8lY9VnzW_RfamBDY0Nk52aebj1vnnC7cU1yqXYIf8aApILHgwmESIV9htGJ4Ix2j0aQVZMnms-btZ3EpuunCKyqtAy3MbiTwBrC7MM6xp7II8pKz2XQ0NkT4YjjauOE6rrr7uw48Xby4fPd9tr3Mvjr-tL7CQ==
Without IR, I think it's safe to say Arctic Armor has a lot less value, so no need to invest in mana to keep it + clarity feasible. This leaves me with 128% ES, a little bit more health, and 17% more chaos resistance (again, no shavs!)

Does anybody use Iron Reflexes with this build?
Still looking for some help.

Another possibility I've been considering is going with Ethereal Knives and using Hearbreaker to give the spell culling strike. I would be attacking slower, but I would also be dealing a lot more damage by myself.
The tree in the OP is pretty vague, there's no survivability nodes, so it's hard to say where you could go from there.

HP based?
ES based?

Caster?
Wander?

HP based just grab the various clusters near your path: the "circle of life" near Scion start, Holy Strength near Sovereignity, Athleticism near Avatar of Fire, Written in Blood under CI, the Purity of Flesh under Minion Instability and possibly the 2*12% nodes near Bloodless on the bottom of the tree.

ES based go for the full ES circle in the middle, then the Body and Soul cluster and Arcane Focus (passing through Deep Wisdom too) for more ES.

Caster, depends on what you want to cast.
The easiest options are EK and FP.

EK is a solid choice that does decent damage even when solo and gets buffed a lot by Hatred and Haste without much support needed.

FP will need some crit nodes to become fully efficient, but there are some near your tree already, Arcane Potency near Avatar of Fire, Intensse Zeal near Minion Instability, Doom Cast and Blood Thirst near CI and the less efficient 15%*6 cluster near the center.

Same as FP will go for Wander in that you'll need to grab crit nodes and possibly all the charges you can manage, with a decent wand with high crit and attack speed it shouldn't be too hard to reach high DPS with 3x elemental auras and Haste.

Never tried one at that level (leveling one atm, this is similar to what I have planned) so it's all theorycrafting for me, too! :)

Hope it helped!
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Speaking of leveling, man this build really sucks when it comes to that. Or at least the order in which I filled out the tree was the wrong order.

From what I have gathered so far (level 48 and limping through cruel act 3), a lot of it's strengths and defenses come from reaching certain milestones. Things like Iron Reflexes (and therefore resolute technique), Ghost Reaver, and the ability to maintain four auras on mana. Until I hit those milestones, a stiff wind will stunlock me, and all I have left is this meager 500 life because my ES takes ages to recharge normally.

If I were to do this over, I would:
- Start with Facebreakers. I tried being cute and wanted to use all these unique items I had sitting in my stash made for twinking and IIR, but aside from the short while where dual ungils + anger + wrath was wrecking face with spectral throw and dual strike, for the most part simply going for a high phys damage weapon plus my super-charged hatred has been sufficient, and it's tough to get higher phys damage for leveling than facebreakers.

- make a beeline for RT and IR and maybe that large aura circle in the northwest before working on anything else. Might not have been all that helpful until I get the ability to use three 60% auras, but I'm around twelve points away from that now and I foresee a lot of ledge farming in my future.

- have been less strict on using IIQ/IIR gear. Aursieze is great, but at this point I would much rather one-shot blue mobs than get a few more chaos between now and level 60. For reference, I've got 70% IIQ and 138% IIR, which is nice for cruel, but I'm not making back my initial investment on the Prism Guardian anytime soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info