Act 4+

I only started this game (and hadn't heard of it before, no clue why as i know it was already very popular) at release and i keep hearing more acts are coming.
Googling doesn't yield much on this so i was wondering if there is, even in hint form, any information about the following :
- Eta for act 4?
- Will there be a higher skillpoint cap? (like new quests in act 4+ that give you passive points) or is the current passive skill count pretty much "final"?
- Is it mostly going to be content update or are there going to be new "features"?
- Are we getting higher level maps or will act 4 + merc likely to be the "new end game"?
Thanks!
ETA is supposedly in March/April of 2014, but that is subject to change. As for anything else, we don't have many details.
Youll notice after act 3 merciless youll be around level 65-70 and the level cap is 100.

You wont have any new content other than getting lucky and finding a endgame map drop above level66.

so there are about 30ish levels with no content...they could easily add act 4 and have it cover 10 levels bringing content up to level 80...leaving room for more acts.

Or they could let act 4 bring you to 100. And then future acts the progression will be in itemlevel gear not character points.

Act 4 is scheduled for spring 2014. They probably want to do a head on with ROS so expect it around the same time.
just for try, for see and for know
"
Youll notice after act 3 merciless youll be around level 65-70 and the level cap is 100.

You wont have any new content other than getting lucky and finding a endgame map drop above level66.

so there are about 30ish levels with no content...they could easily add act 4 and have it cover 10 levels bringing content up to level 80...leaving room for more acts.

Or they could let act 4 bring you to 100. And then future acts the progression will be in itemlevel gear not character points.

Act 4 is scheduled for spring 2014. They probably want to do a head on with ROS so expect it around the same time.

Do we know for sure Act 4 will up the levels gained from the "main story"?
Merciless act 4 could still end at around 65 -70, everything in between would just be compressed to compensate.
Actually they are planning on releasing a total of 10 acts within the next years. Thats what they said @cb
"
Opunaesala wrote:
ETA is supposedly in March/April of 2014, but that is subject to change. As for anything else, we don't have many details.

No, like nono... no. We are definitely not going to see Act4 in the first half of 2014. They only just finished Act 3 at Release and they surely aren't dishing out a whole new Act 6 months later.
If you want to give an approximate ETA - which is kinda pointless because GGG doesn't realease stuff until they are completely happy with it - then a shot at something around October would surely be more accurate.
"
"
Opunaesala wrote:

No, like nono... no. We are definitely not going to see Act4 in the first half of 2014. They only just finished Act 3 at Release and they surely aren't dishing out a whole new Act 6 months later.
If you want to give an approximate ETA - which is kinda pointless because GGG doesn't realease stuff until they are completely happy with it - then a shot at something around October would surely be more accurate.

They've been working on act 4 for a while from what I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it before summer vacation.
Good memories from closed beta: http://imgur.com/D2eSfYL - Damn fine chest.
May nullsFaith from closed beta safely rest in GGG's backups ;)
it will be 10 acts total and im pretty sure the area lvls will be rescaled a bit to be lvl 70 or so at the end of act 10 and the rest we go with maps perhaps lvl 70+ maps will replace 66 maps.
I think the quote was "we'd like to do 10 acts"... not "There will be 10 acts". They can always opt out by claiming the 10 was written in base 4.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 12, 2013, 12:47:27 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing a few more quests added (before Release of Full Act 4), with one o' those 2 point Skillbook-rewards :)
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info