Is a Dual Totem + Spectre + Aura build viable?

Myself and two roommates want to start levelling dual totem characters together.

We are just theorycrafting at the moment but we want to do something like:

3x Dual Totem [Not sure on the spell yet]
3x Dual Spectre [Maybe some of us can use Ullr for a third]
3x Zombie Army. Not sure if there is points for this though
+Huge amounts of auras.

We could bring 2-3 Auras each to the table and our army would be incredibly buffed. Spectres seem like a good idea as we will likely be near the top of the tree anyway due to the life nodes north of the dual totem passive. The evangelists are extremely useful just for their shield alone but also do ridiculous damage and don't die very often. I'm pretty sure if something gets by six totems and kills an evangelist, we are probably dead too.

Now the big question is: What spell do we use and which class do we start as? I haven't played Dual Totems for awhile and I've heard they've been nerfed. So the below is going by what I knew from before...

Ice Spear - Average damage but great survivability and long range.
EK - Great damage, no defense and short range
Spark - Great damage, no defense and average range
Incinerate - No idea
Elemental Hit - No idea

The next big question is: will spectres/zombies be worth it? I imagine us having quite a bit of aura effectiveness that will help these out. Will Zombies and Spectres reach if we are placing totems from far away, or are they just going to chill out in the back and not really do anything?

If I decide against going Spectre passives then I'll probably still use a very defensive single Evangelist with something like Minion Resist + Minion Life + Life Leech. Just for the shield anyway.

We could have any combination of 6-9 Auras between us, so this would make the minion army quite strong but I'm just not sure if it's needed since we'll be so far away with Totems.

Finally, here is a quick passive tree I did. I'm not sure if it's efficient or even good as I don't know what totem builds look like now:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcMfRB_EMwWbxcvGDwZhRo4GmwhwySqJLAn7SoTKpgspy2oMZ41kjbpOuE8LUGHRnFI50rETblN41XGV-FY5VnzWpFeXWaeaqxyqXhpeyCApILHgwmFYIbRiECI8Y9GkDOQVZDWkzqboZ2uo_KmV6aspwinhKeUqH2qxKxZrKqxkLc-t9a4k70nwBrDE8T2xp7Grsy8z2XQ0NH90_vZC9tZ42rnY_JF8932rvcy99f4k_jr-WX56PqA-tL-Cv6H_o8=

Any feedback or recommendations?
Last edited by Totorilove1 on Dec 11, 2013, 10:44:14 AM
Any ideas on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info