OB Plan - Ice Shot Marauder

I hear that most builds are going to be getting nerfed but I haven't heard anything about Ice Shot so I guess why not? Ice Shot seems to be efficient to most mobs with Temporal Chains but can be weak against Flicker monsters cause they don't take the DoT from Ice Shot freezing the ground.

The skills that I plan on using is: Ice Shot, Temporal Chains, Frost Bite, Decoy Totem, Hatred, and Blood Rage(maybe).

For Ice Shot I will probably link the skill with Lesser Multiple and Chain. That way it just creates more freezing patches while I hit other mobs. Should I go any other pathes with this? Maybe Lesser Multiple with Added Cold Penetration and Life Leech? In end game I probably will go for Lesser Multiple, Added Cold Pen., Chain, and Life Leech but that could be awhile so I'm setting small goals.

Since this build is going to be using a Marauder I don't know if I want to go High HP Regen with Blood Rage and Life Leech, High HP Regen and Life Leech, or just High HP Regen with Blood Rage. Help me make a decision please or suggest another option cause I'm fairly new to this game. Depending on what I will go, it will change the builds up quite a bit so my skill builds will probably off right now.

[Updated] Skill Builds

Here is the skill build for around level 30:

Skill build around level 50:

Skill build around level 85:

Final Skill Build:
Last edited by Bexcuno on Jan 21, 2013, 7:07:21 PM
I am not 100% certain on this but I think they are nerfing chain by roughly 50% according kripps latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZX8KsWoME. Apparently also there will be some subtle changes to the skill tree too...

Your build is solid and defensively sound (pretty much everything I plan to pick defensively). It will be interesting to see what changes that they decided to make in the OB, but I am sure this build will still be formidable. Good job.

I am looking forward to OB.
Looking at the level 50 example: Going for the Body and Soul ring near the Templar is a waste when you have 14 int. You're not going to be able to use any of the hybrid int/str armor with that low of a stat. You skipped the easily available 12% life nodes between Blood Drinker and Bloodless. You could also head toward the Duelist to very easily pick up Ice Bite. You didn't pick up Berserking, why is that?
"
seg_fault wrote:
I am not 100% certain on this but I think they are nerfing chain by roughly 50% according kripps latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZX8KsWoME. Apparently also there will be some subtle changes to the skill tree too...

Your build is solid and defensively sound (pretty much everything I plan to pick defensively). It will be interesting to see what changes that they decided to make in the OB, but I am sure this build will still be formidable. Good job.

I am looking forward to OB.

I am looking forward to OB as well! Yeah I figured that I would be able to tank a hefty amount but I was unsure of the damage output I would be able to put from Ice Shot cause I heard Lesser Multiple and Chain was both getting a nerf. I guess we'll have to wait to find out about that.

"
Jozen wrote:
Looking at the level 50 example: Going for the Body and Soul ring near the Templar is a waste when you have 14 int. You're not going to be able to use any of the hybrid int/str armor with that low of a stat. You skipped the easily available 12% life nodes between Blood Drinker and Bloodless. You could also head toward the Duelist to very easily pick up Ice Bite. You didn't pick up Berserking, why is that?

Ok I have just updated all of the skill builds, thanks for the critique on the build! I see that I could've had much more damage and I found some easier routes to certain skills cause of what you have said, thanks :D
You still skipped the two 12% life nodes south of Blood Drinker. You should also figure out a way to fit Iron Grip in to your build.
I just put this together real quick
- 92 Passive Points Used - You get more armor and health and dmg.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47DhX4jKJd-UEswJx8B-iAKcwFCBQRzpS378UcUGqcql82fcy-OuGYFYEYVKfyzIJYIhVqZe0rLoote9OXQBAoAUtYEt673TtIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUUdcHYbqoyfq6Tplc64YjxbPZ0QVb63UZjp_xODjw_JypNFSAs6d0N_MVnoId2Sn33vj38fLgpLg==

- 110 Passive Points Used - 1 Point left over if you want to put in "Point Blank."
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47DhX4jKJd-UEswJx8B-iAKcwFCBQRzpS378UcUGqcql82fcy-OuGYFYEYVKfyzIJYIhVqZe0rLoote9OXQBAoAUtYEt673TtIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUUdcHYbqoyfq6Tplc64YjxbPZ0QVb63UZjp_xODjw_JypNFSAs6d0N_MVnoId2Sn33vj38fLgpLsrTGbT6sepi3sa-p82YjX63thRSZU1HfoTZJd8b-qQZq8U6sw==

*229% Increased Maximum life
*5.4% Life Regen
*145% Increased Armor
*30 All Resist
*80% Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
*15%+4%(bows) Increase Attack Speed
*30% Projectile Damage

I'm doing basically a similar build to yours but making a duelist. If i end up dieing or feel to squishy in HC probably switch to marauder.

IGN: Xus
Last edited by Xevn on Jan 21, 2013, 2:16:41 PM
The main problem with the build will be the time it takes to reach Iron Grip, a necessary addition to a marauder bow build.

Also, I would avoid the armor nodes, and focus on the readily available nodes that increase evasion and armor. With Iron Reflexes, your evasion will be adding to armor, so these nodes will be providing a larger increase to your armor.

I would also skip Blood Magic, and rather use the support gems for skills that you wish to use health with. While the health usage will be doubled, you will be able to use your mana for buffs.
Ok thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback, I have adjusted the builds to make myself more survivable thanks to all of you :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info