Latest Supporter Title Changes

I have no idea why they changed the latest supporter pack titles. They look terrible compared to before. Please change back, especially Champion and Conqueror!
New titles are significantly better. Softening/removing the dark edges, lowering the saturation on warrior+survivor, and filling out the sparkles on conqueror+champion makes them look fuller and more in line with the OB/CB titles. Also, no more bacon.

Now there are still some issues with pixellation on champion, and the champion+conq titles are a tad too bright, but overall the titles are much better.

To compare:
Survivor

old

new

Warrior

old

new

Champion

old

new

Conqueror

old

new

Last edited by Novalisk on Jan 30, 2014, 12:30:04 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:
Now there are still some issues with pixellation on champion, and the champion+conq titles are a tad too bright, but overall the titles are much better.

As you said the main problem is with Champion and Conqueror packs, personally I'm fine with the current Warrior and Survivor titles. But seriously WTF is this;

No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

As you said the main problem is with Champion and Conqueror packs, personally I'm fine with the current Warrior and Survivor titles. But seriously WTF is this;

Ok I see that currently there is a new iteration which is better than the latest. I still can think of a better conqueror title but at least I can live with these. So this is currently my last post regarding this topic.
I personally still think the Conqueror looks terrible. The older version looked so much better, not sure why they did a complete 180.
Also, the supporter pack page still has the old titles displayed (much nicer IMO) which is a little bit misleading.
Last edited by Zand on Feb 4, 2014, 9:54:02 AM
The supporter pack page should definitely be updated if the titles are going to stay different. I do like the current forum ones though.
"
Zand wrote:
I personally still think the Conqueror looks terrible. The older version looked so much better, not sure why they did a complete 180.

Something between those two arts styles would be great imho but for some reason art guy thought differently :/

"
Zand wrote:
Also, the supporter pack page still has the old titles displayed (much nicer IMO) which is a little bit misleading.

While we're talking about misleading visuals; supporter pack page has wrong artwork (old exalted orb) for the t-shirts so maybe they should start from there.

How about GGG making it so PoE supporters can pick from a list of Supporter Text Tag displays of different colors and patterns for each pack they bought? Why? Because we all know no matter what GGG does to the supporter tags, supporters aren't going to like the default tag they're stuck with.

There, problem solved. Will it take a little work (mmm, not so much, text tags are quite easy to make in Photoshop or some other program.) At the end of the day, we're talking about supporters here, so something like I'm suggesting shouldn't be too much a big deal far as developer time goes.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Feb 11, 2014, 5:23:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info