Explosive Arrow Guide | Super Cheap / Super Strong!

I've seen a few different versions of explosive arrow builds and I'm here to put my 2 cents in. Explosive arrow is extremely strong and super cheap. In my opinion it is one of the strongest bow builds in the game right now. The only thing this build requires you to have is a 5 linked Quill Rain, which should only run you an exalt.

LEVELING
Spoiler
Spectral throw with double strike is hands down the best way to level. Pick up a decent 2 hander and leveling becomes a walk in the park.

GEMS AND LINKS
Spoiler
Main skill - Explosive Arrow + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration + Increased Burning Damage (6 link add Concentrated Effect, Increased Area of Effect or Empower) (4 link take out Increased Burning Damage)

Secondary skill - Split Arrow + Life Gain on Hit + Culling Strike (4 link add Item Rarity)

Curse - Flammability + Faster Casting + Increased Duration + (OPTIONAL) Increased Area of Effect or Reduced Mana

4 link slot (OPTIONAL) - Cast when Damage Taken + Molten Shell + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration

Extra slot (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED) - Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons + Faster Casting

Quality Gems - (More important -> Least important) Explosive Arrow -> Increased Burning Damage -> Chance to Ignite/ Fire Penetration/ Elemental Proliferation (Whichever you can snag first)

BANDIT REWARDS
Spoiler
Normal - HELP OAK! ALL life builds should help him.

Cruel - Kill all. You don't need the attack speed, you'll have plenty, besides the skill point is really nice.

Merciless - Kill all once again.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON GEAR
Spoiler
Dexterity / Life / Resists / Pure Armour / Percent Fire Damage / Attack Speed / IIR/IIQ (Last three are luxuries)

PASSIVE TREE
Spoiler
1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120

Now if you're lucky enough to make it to these final 20 points you can spend them however you want, this is just how I would do it.

Also pick up / drop dex and int nodes according to your gear.

NOTES
Spoiler
Beware of + Fire Damage on gear if you plan on taking Elemental Equilibrium as you don't want to set it off with the wrong element. Look for + Cold or + Lightning instead.

If you see REFLECT ELEMENTAL DAMAGE do NOT shoot a ton off arrows into it, do a few at a time or else.

Weapon elemental on gear does nothing.

MY GEAR
Spoiler

It is ALL TRASH. I am currently looking for upgrades.
For flasks use mine as reference and get Curse Immunity, Dispels Shocked, and Removes Bleeding on at least one flask. The other granite and the quicksilver are pretty generic.

So that's that, hope you enjoy the build and I will be putting a video up soon.
Last edited by Sponngee on Dec 11, 2013, 3:40:16 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2016, 4:10:41 AM
Decided to give deagle_dom's build a new spin?
Nice one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info