Season Five, Event 119: 3 Hour Party

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Touch (Unique Golden Bracers) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 39: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 33-38: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 29-32: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 25-28: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 21-24: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 16-20: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 8-15: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Brutus (Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty A Fixture of Fate (Library): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty A Swig of Hope (Docks): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dominus (Upper Scepter of God): 3 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Brutus (Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
I really like those party events and they are the only reason why my friends would join into the whole racing scene at all. However, there are just too few party races and on top of that they usually start around 5 / 7 pm (Europe). I'd really like to see some of them starting at 9pm (lasting between 1 and 3 hours) in order to get working people and parents ;) a chance to participate in them. I also think that 8pm would make a much better starting time for the general schedule for pretty much the same reasons.

Just my two cents, dunno what the others may think.
they simply need more races period, i have the exact opposite issue as you do , i love descent champions but half of them are during the work day for the east coast.

and the group races take too long for too little pay out points wise
is it server-limits that stop us having too many instances/leagues/races at once?

why does this Nemesis have to become standard for the next one to start, can't we have two?
why can't there be 3 or 4 simultaneous races (with rewards adjusted for the season's potential and avg-player-time-racing) at most/all times?

servers? IIRC they cost SFA these days. GGG, i'll buy $150 in stashes if you guarantee me a few more races/week.

I'd recommend a dash more party and descent champ races that I can use to encourage my mates to play more PoE.

:)
PoE's LD-50 = < 60 DMG DoT. i.e. MMO Click-em-up +2 mad millinery FTW when PVP by CAT-5.
Agree on the amount of races, the great racers will get their top prices anyways, but it's hard to get even the middle prices when you're not a dedicated racer, and have studies/job to go to. More races would make it more accesible for not-as-hardcore players who can't wake up in the middle of the night to race.
Last edited by Wilicous on Dec 15, 2013, 7:01:18 AM
"
Wilicous wrote:
Agree on the amount of races, the great racers will get their top prices anyways, but it's hard to get even the middle prices when you're not a dedicated racer, and have studies/job to go to. More races would make it more accesible for not-as-hardcore players who can't wake up in the middle of the night to race.

Ehh you only have to be marginal to get the middle-ground prizes.

Already over 1387 people have gotten at least the divination distallate

Granted only 352 people have gotten the next tier of reward, The Heup of All, but the season still has another 60 races in it.

I'd say that 7/10 rewards are easily in the grasp of a single-timezone player. (And honestly who really needs a Queen's Decree anyways?)

I'd say the highest tier rewards are PURPOSEFULLY out of reach of most players.

Let's be honest, high-level mapping is out of reach of most players, this game (brilliantly) simply doesn't cater to easymode. GGG has made a good decision to make a legitimately difficult game and competitive environment, and I think many people like it that way.
I think the longer races should have better rewards.

Who is going to invest 3 hours to only earn a handful of points when they can earn just as much in 1 hr or the 15 min bursts. It is just discouraging to do longer races when the rewards are usually the same or worst then the shorter races (at least for the average racers).
Level 16 is where this race stops for smart peeps
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 15, 2013, 11:50:44 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
Level 16 is where this race stops for smart peeps
Judging by the results of the races you have an odd definition of "smart"

Docks magic finding all day long

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info