Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Mathil wrote:
My point about your dps being halved is because of what I see from your passive tree. You have 36% increased effect of auras vs my 70%. 37% attack speed vs my 54%. 15% proj damage vs my 65%.

Now when you consider close to ALL of our damage comes from wrath and anger, cutting them by that much which also gets scaled greatly by how much less attack speed you have and receive from a reduced haste as well, I believe you'd be doing half my dps at best.

You won't be a very good aura bot because someone that specs into aura bitch spec gets every buff node and ends up running 7 auras, so while yes, you're better than nothing for a team, you'd be inferior to a dedicated aura bitch. Providing 7k dps in a 6 man party is close to nothing btw so you really have to squeeze as much dps out of this spec as possible if you want to remain useful while buffing your friends. Not everyone does and I'm fine with that but my mentality is one where I like to carry my weight.

As for armor, you really can't make an armor spec without unwavering stance. The reason evasion works with heart of oak and a bit of stun reduction is because you don't get hit often enough for it to effect you greatly while even having high armor you'll get hit and stunned so often that it does not end up being viable.

Did you actually check out the scion spec that I did? It has the same amt of atk spd and proj nodes as your scion. All that it's missing is the extra 34% buff on aura. BTW, saying I have "36% increased effect of auras vs your 70%" is an unfair statement bc that indeed looks like I have half, but in reality it's more 60% increased effect of auras/buffs vs your 94%.

As for the aura bot statement, maybe it's just me, but does every group you play with have a dedicated "aura bitch"? I mean if that is a common thing, then I would just ask you, wouldn't someone running 7 auras with all the buffs even trump your 5 aura build? I mean, they'd be essentially grabbing the same exact nodes as you, including inner force, and are probably wearing alpha's howl as well as prism guardian to have 7 auras up.

Lastly, I've played a ton of char with high life, iron reflexes, and no unwavering stance. I can tell you that I've almost never struggled with, or even noticed myself getting stunned. One of the advantages of having high life is exactly that. (While CI chars require eye of chayula or are forced to spec into unwavering stance bc of having such low life) I believe armor doesn't even come into the equation when accounting for stun.
ign: BeastModeNeedSkittles
"
Damn is this really true? Can you give a source? I won't sell my gear then haha..
Instead of Added Cold I would use Added Lightning Damage 20/20. Gives crazy amount of flat damage and Shock chance/duration which synergizes very well with Static blows.

Hmm that makes me thinking, what if there will be mana leech from ele dmg as well?
We might drop one aura and use ST on mana freeing up the BM slot...aahh, so many possibilities :D

Wow, that's a good point. If mana leech is also coming from ele dmg, then I would run the three auras and just keep the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes on top left of the skill tree to free up some mana space. It would also require having an alpha's howl as well as getting some max mana nodes on the skill tree, as well as gear, to make this build work.

My ranger version of this would probably look something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzCC4MfRB_FE0VIBZvFy8ZhRmKGY4aOBqPHRQkqiSwJ-0ppSpNLOktgzGeMgkyiTWSNuk64TwtPydFnUp9SshN404qVcZV1lfiWfNbr2KVZOdmnmegZ71sFmxGbqpybHKpd-V463qqewd82X11gKSD24bRh3aI8Y9GkFWXBprgm42boaIAplenCKeEqW6sWayqr-uycLXytz64k7vjwBrEosT2xp7Grs5xz2XQ0NN-3ILdDeNq5wrnY-vu7Djtg-5v73rwH_JF89322vou-tL7CfxL_MX-Cv6P_rr-vw==

Ends up with 310% increased life and 64% increased mana. BTW, does anyone know if those "reduced mana cost of skills" nodes (below the big scion life wheel and on the right side of elemental adaptation) are worth getting for this kind of build?

Anyways, if this does work out, then I would run both added cold dmg and added lightning dmg and spec into static blows as well (as shown in the tree above). So imagine this:

6L: ST + LMP + FA + WED + ACD + ALD

Holy shit... GG
Last edited by SliMjiM811 on Feb 25, 2014, 11:33:44 AM
Here's a 3 aura high evasion scion version to make up for wearing saffell's instead of rare shield and not having acrobatics.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAF4DlgSzCC4MfRB_FE0VIBZvFy8ZhRmKGY4aOBqPHRQj9iSqJLAn7SpNLOktgzGeMgkyiTWSNuk64TsoPC0_J0WWSn1KyE3jVcZW-lfiWfNaSFpSYENmnmegbBZsRm49bqpybHKpd-V82X1bfXWApIMJg9uG0Yd2iPGPRpBVks2XBptdm42hIqIAokCmV6cIp4SomqlurEesWayqtfK3PriTu-PAGsSixPbGnsauznHPZdDQ037dDeNq52PrLOw47YPuDu967_DwH_JF8pfz3fT49tr60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

Ended up with 320% life, 156% evasion, and still maintained same atk spd/dmg nodes as OP. Should do nicely I think.
Last edited by SliMjiM811 on Feb 25, 2014, 1:59:37 PM
Hi guys , i am willing to try this build , my main char is a duelist level 88 , i have a question i hope i can find answer here :

There are any low level uniques which can help in playing this build when it comes to leveling ? I gathered a lot of cheap unique items playing my duelist and i need to know if there are any that i can use while leveling a char using this build

Thank you for your patience
In my opinon, get quillrain to get to 20, then Facebreaker to 60.

Buy a tabula rasa till level 60 and easy levelling to around 70+
Thanks alot for this amazing build, i can do lv 76 till now, not able to get higher level map.

This is my gear, please suggest for improvement.

Trying to get 6l on the self-found chest but it is pain in the ass. Spent around 10 12ex to link but no result yet.

Sorry for my bad English
Last edited by hoangbeo on Feb 25, 2014, 2:18:18 PM
"
SliMjiM811 wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
My point about your dps being halved is because of what I see from your passive tree. You have 36% increased effect of auras vs my 70%. 37% attack speed vs my 54%. 15% proj damage vs my 65%.

Now when you consider close to ALL of our damage comes from wrath and anger, cutting them by that much which also gets scaled greatly by how much less attack speed you have and receive from a reduced haste as well, I believe you'd be doing half my dps at best.

You won't be a very good aura bot because someone that specs into aura bitch spec gets every buff node and ends up running 7 auras, so while yes, you're better than nothing for a team, you'd be inferior to a dedicated aura bitch. Providing 7k dps in a 6 man party is close to nothing btw so you really have to squeeze as much dps out of this spec as possible if you want to remain useful while buffing your friends. Not everyone does and I'm fine with that but my mentality is one where I like to carry my weight.

As for armor, you really can't make an armor spec without unwavering stance. The reason evasion works with heart of oak and a bit of stun reduction is because you don't get hit often enough for it to effect you greatly while even having high armor you'll get hit and stunned so often that it does not end up being viable.

Did you actually check out the scion spec that I did? It has the same amt of atk spd and proj nodes as your scion. All that it's missing is the extra 34% buff on aura. BTW, saying I have "36% increased effect of auras vs your 70%" is an unfair statement bc that indeed looks like I have half, but in reality it's more 60% increased effect of auras/buffs vs your 94%.

As for the aura bot statement, maybe it's just me, but does every group you play with have a dedicated "aura bitch"? I mean if that is a common thing, then I would just ask you, wouldn't someone running 7 auras with all the buffs even trump your 5 aura build? I mean, they'd be essentially grabbing the same exact nodes as you, including inner force, and are probably wearing alpha's howl as well as prism guardian to have 7 auras up.

Lastly, I've played a ton of char with high life, iron reflexes, and no unwavering stance. I can tell you that I've almost never struggled with, or even noticed myself getting stunned. One of the advantages of having high life is exactly that. (While CI chars require eye of chayula or are forced to spec into unwavering stance bc of having such low life) I believe armor doesn't even come into the equation when accounting for stun.

Asking the OP is every group he plays in has an aura bot is a bit silly when the title of the thread says "Solo the entire the game"

Don't think you're quite getting the point of this, you're a ranged character, you don't need as high life as a melee tank build. Even then, 300% + life is excessive. My friend in Nemesis could do Palace Dominus, one of the hardest hitting bosses with 5k life and he's a melee IB build. You haven't accounted for the fact that whilst you're build is entirely tunnelling life nodes, it is a full points build meaning you won't have that much life until you are level 95+ unless you decide to do shit for DPS.

Stun is not problem at all with this build, seeing as you have a shield (~30% avoidance), evasion (~50% avoidance with good gear) and Acrobatics (~30% avoidance flat). Way it works out is you take damage roughly 24.5% of the time. Coupled with 30% avoidance, even if a hit can stun you, 80% of the time - it won't. With Iron Reflexes and armour's typical bad scaling, in the best case scenario, your still gunna be taking a huge amount of damage and getting stunned by bad dmg mod bosses/rares. CI is a completely different story, and irrelevant.

I see you have a level 78 Marauder, course you would have no problem with stun, with your style of building and Marauder's access to life nodes I imagined you've tunnelled the shit out of the life nodes in the tree. That's the way stun works (it's calculated off a percentage of your life, so CI builds having ~1 life suffer badly.) Even still, I don't believe you will have experienced the full range of challenges in this game having only a level 78 to appreciate that your build is going to suffer tragically in end-game maps, dealing shit for damage and playing only to survive and get carried, being very ineffective solo. (And you will get stunned without US, you just haven't taken any huge hits like you do in high maps) If that is your way of playing HC, that's fine but it'll probably be better playing Standard and actually experiencing the game for real.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 25, 2014, 4:21:24 PM
This is my weapon:

Now I searchd for a better one, but the only foils with three elemental rolls and faster attacks cost 3 Ex and more. So I want to try to craft a better weapon.

What do I have to do? What lvl should the foil be? What stats should I aim for before regaling it?
"
Skip511 wrote:
This is my weapon:

Now I searchd for a better one, but the only foils with three elemental rolls and faster attacks cost 3 Ex and more. So I want to try to craft a better weapon.

What do I have to do? What lvl should the foil be? What stats should I aim for before regaling it?

That weapon is bad, very low attack speed. You shouldn't look for three elemental rolls - that will do very little. All that matter is that it has 2.05+ APS and maybe one or two ele rolls.

To craft a weapon -

You should try and buy an ilevel 77 Foil, one with a base of 1.7 APS (So you can roll the max AS roll on it), Most likely, Serrated/Fancy Foil. Just ask in trade chat.

Then you should try and alt 20-27% AS. (Make sure the its >2 attacks per second)
Augment an elemental dmg roll (Look on poemods.com for the brackets)

If you get a good ele roll together with a good AS roll, regal it. If no good ele roll on that, scour and begin again. If you eventually have the currency, yolo exalt or et/ex your 3 mod foil for more ele dmg. But that is very unnecessary, high AS with 2 good ele rolls is good for endgame.

If you alt a nice ele roll, augment it and hope for AS roll but never regal until you have the AS sorted.

It should be not too expensive to get good AS and maybe 2 good ele rolls.

"
hoangbeo wrote:
Thanks alot for this amazing build, i can do lv 76 till now, not able to get higher level map.

Trying to get 6l on the self-found chest but it is pain in the ass. Spent around 10 12ex to link but no result yet.

Sorry for my bad English

Very good, you have maxed out auras. The ele dmg on the belt is low and you're missing life on a ring. Attack speed on the gloves is also very low, get 12%+

Weapon is fine, amulet could do with 25%+ weapon ele, those % ele rolls are inferior. Augment your armor flask lmao :P

GL on the 6L, it helps out a lot. In my experience, it's just better to buy one - although I can see why you like your own chest :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 25, 2014, 4:13:24 PM
"
hoangbeo wrote:

Sorry for my bad English

it's mostly armor. Do you have IR? The build is meant for evasion. Acrobatics would halve that armor (and ES) making it not really worth it.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info