Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Not necessarily crit, could have been, and I would bet on it, double Taming combo since they give tremendous dps at the cost of life.

I'd drop Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's and take more life nodes, especially Purity of Flesh and Holy Strenght since they can bump your HP values to some really good amounts with life mods on gear. Phase and Ondar's are quite good defensive mechanisms but having defence that relies on gambling is too much of a risk in my opinion. High, raw HP pool is simply more reliable and good counter to anything. Ele damage can be mitigated by overcapping resistance to about 90%+ which is very easy with this spec and for phys you have leap slam/high HP/evasion/curses like enfeeble or temp chains and so on.

You should really change at least that shield to some decent rare.

"
therealjcool wrote:
Quick Q,

can anyone list the benefits of quality gems in order of importance?
Currently I only have spec. throw at lvl20 (levelled with a +14 I found and fed it GCPs as I found them) and using a 5L (so no faster attacks).

I only have 1 ex atm so no bulk buying 20/20 gems :(

Was thinking to go for a 20/20 weapon elemental dmg first, but after that...

WED gem > LMP/Faster attacks gem > LL gem > Curses gems if you use any.

That's how I would do.
Last edited by borek664 on Feb 3, 2014, 1:37:23 PM
"
borek664 wrote:
Not necessarily crit, could have been, and I would bet on it, double Taming combo since they give tremendous dps at the cost of life.

Shit. Forgot to mention, I'm on standard. AFAIK Taming is Domination only and you can't trade between leagues.
Anyonr have advice on whether I should yolo regal/exalt or start eternal/exalting this?

<3 having a lot o fun. I decided to quit my 93 ranger for this build. Go around with 84 fire/light res is insane *.*

No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
Trying that build now too. But still in normal. Looking forward to try that out in higher lvls though.

I like the idea of dropping BM in ST so you free a gem and could use another dmg one. But I'm not sure if dropping the purity auras + using clarity with bm to maintain mana is a good idea in terms of survivability later on in maps. Might be better to just just stay on BM..
Last edited by Feoras on Feb 3, 2014, 6:28:25 PM
I would also like to know if its better to get CATALYSE or INNER FORCE?! which one gives the most DPS?

also is resolute technique really necessary?!?

and finaly i jsut read:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Buffs
and i dont see the point of getting increased buff.... it doesnt seems to boost the wrath/anger damage at all...
increased buff is not the same thing as increased aura effect
or at least the difference in having INNER FORCE or not is barely noticeable for me.... wouldnt it be better to spend al thsoe point to get INNER FORCe on some HP node instead?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Feb 3, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
"
trustandfall wrote:
Anyonr have advice on whether I should yolo regal/exalt or start eternal/exalting this?

Just regal it. Top tier ele and top tier speed isn't rare enough on a foil to be worth eternaling. In general you have to think "Can I get this roll within an eternal's worth of alterations?". So if you had 1,000 alterations you should be able to hit top tier ele/speed I'd say atleast 5 times.

For something like this it's better to spam alt/aug and regal until you get a desired 3rd stat, then et/ex further if you can afford it but at this point I'd suggest buying a made weapon since they're ele weapons are generally cheap compared to their cost of making. I made mine because it was early in the season and none actually existed for me to buy. If you can't buy one, then feel free to make it.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
The plan is simply to drop Purity of Fire to free up some unreserved mana, then run Clarity on Blood Magic to sustain Spectral Throw and replace Spectral Throw's blood magic link with something like Added Lightning Damage or Life Gain on Hit.

Cons:
One less purity aura (Choose between Purities of Fire and Lightning depending on the boss)
A few extra passive points spent (not many, due to the Scion Tree's efficiency)

Pros:
Arctic Armour
Extra gem link with Spectral Throw (Added Lightning, Life Gain on Hit, etc.)

If we meet a Half Recovery or No Regen map, just run Spectral Throw on Blood Magic like the original build.

Sure, you'll be running the above map mods at a disadvantage compared to Mathil's original build, but on all other mods, you gain a Life Gain on Hit/Added Lightning, and effectively 300++ hp regen per second when attacking (due to not running Spectral Throw on HP).

I feel that the benefits outweigh the minimal costs. A 20q Added Lightning Damage, coupled with Static Blows nodes, can destroy mobs when in a party. Alternatively, a 20q Life Gain on Hit (with Arctic Armour) can mitigate a lot of reflected damage, and significantly improve survivability.

Edit: I've been busy and haven't had the time to respec my char, so there's the question of how much mana regen on gear is needed on top of the skill tree investment. Based on DarkPriest1109's post on page 76, gearing may be just a bit more tricky, though the passive tree has nodes to make up for any small shortfalls ...
Last edited by PlayreOne on Feb 3, 2014, 11:49:29 PM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
trustandfall wrote:

Just regal it. Top tier ele and top tier speed isn't rare enough on a foil to be worth eternaling. In general you have to think "Can I get this roll within an eternal's worth of alterations?". So if you had 1,000 alterations you should be able to hit top tier ele/speed I'd say atleast 5 times.

For something like this it's better to spam alt/aug and regal until you get a desired 3rd stat, then et/ex further if you can afford it but at this point I'd suggest buying a made weapon since they're ele weapons are generally cheap compared to their cost of making. I made mine because it was early in the season and none actually existed for me to buy. If you can't buy one, then feel free to make it.

Yolo regal'd this..

Definitely could have been worse!
"
PlayreOne wrote:
The plan is simply to drop Purity of Fire to free up some unreserved mana, then run Clarity on Blood Magic to sustain Spectral Throw and replace Spectral Throw's blood magic link with something like Added Lightning Damage or Life Gain on Hit.

Cons:
One less purity aura (Choose between Purities of Fire and Lightning depending on the boss)
A few extra passive points spent (not many, due to the Scion Tree's efficiency)

Pros:
Arctic Armour
Extra gem link with Spectral Throw (Added Lightning, Life Gain on Hit, etc.)

If we meet a Half Recovery or No Regen map, just run Spectral Throw on Blood Magic like the original build.

Sure, you'll be running the above map mods at a disadvantage compared to Mathil's original build, but on all other mods, you gain a Life Gain on Hit/Added Lightning, and effectively 300++ hp regen per second when attacking (due to not running Spectral Throw on HP).

I feel that the benefits outweigh the minimal costs. A 20q Added Lightning Damage, coupled with Static Blows nodes, can destroy mobs when in a party. Alternatively, a 20q Life Gain on Hit (with Arctic Armour) can mitigate a lot of reflected damage, and significantly improve survivability.

Edit: I've been busy and haven't had the time to respec my char, so there's the question of how much mana regen on gear is needed on top of the skill tree investment. Based on DarkPriest1109's post on page 76, gearing may be just a bit more tricky, though the passive tree has nodes to make up for any small shortfalls ...

My passive tree looks like this now: Click Here

Gear: http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/593 (I play on the Garena server)

I have 28% mana regen on gear, and nothing else mana-related. Running level 18 Clarity on Blood Magic, I have 140 mana regen per second. This is enough to sustain only a level 9 Arctic Armour, and a little short of sustaining the original 6-Link Spectral Throw minus the Blood Magic. Using a level 16 reduced mana gem in place of the blood magic for now.

This setup costs me 5 passive points in total, 2 gem slots (for my setup), and 300 reserved life. It gains me the equivalent of 330 hp regen per second when attacking, and level 9 Arctic Armour. I have exactly 27 unreserved mana, running the full 5 auras of Mathil's original build. Mana cost of Spectral Throw is exactly 27 (with level 16 reduced mana), so I'm actually not losing any auras.

I'm relatively happy with this setup. The 330 hp regen per second is the equivalent of 1375 life, calculated based on the fact that 20q Life Leech recovers hp at 24% of max life per second (330 / 0.24 = 1375).

All in all, this slightly modified version achieves higher hp recovery per second when attacking, at the cost of 5 passive points worth of HP + 300 reserved HP + 5 str nodes worth of hp, which is roughly 900 hp. 1375 - 900 = 475, so for the purpose of tanking hits while attacking, my build has a 575 hp advantage (in terms of life recovery), while for the purpose of tanking one big hit, my build is at a 800 hp disadvantage (at this stage of my calculations; final HP disadvantage is less than 500).

There are ways to further boost mana regen, or reduce mana cost, to remove the need for reduced mana gem linked to Spectral Throw. I've calculated that it takes 80% more mana regen in gear/passive, coupled with some hybrid life/mana nodes and mana in gear to achieve 36 unreserved mana. But this only lets us remove the blood magic gem. Adding a Life Gain on Hit or Added Lightning Damage would require a whole lot more mana in gear/passive tree.

As far as I can tell, the best gem replacement would be the Blind support gem. It has no mana cost multiplier, and actually works 0.7 / 0.25 = 2.8 times as well as acrobatics (also remember Acrobatics' Armour/ES penalty), and helps out the entire party. With this final consideration, this build may actually far exceed Mathil's original in terms of survivability against attacks, with a roughly 500 Life disadvantage in terms of tanking big hits (less if you have good gear with mana regen).

Spoiler
Only real drawback ... Half Recovery / No Regen maps make this build somewhat inferior, but by a small margin (a bit less HP and no acrobatics), to Mathil's.

PS. One last consideration: without acrobatics, you will take 1 / 0.7 = 43% more reflected hits :P But Arctic Armour, along with the higher hp recovery in this bulid, should more than negate this.

(I am an undergraduate majoring in Mathematics, so you can trust my numbers.)
Last edited by PlayreOne on Feb 4, 2014, 3:53:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info