Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
As stated above, Alpha's Howl with Haste, Wrath and Anger is a big boost. It is critical if you want to run all the auras. Wrath and Anger will add the flat damage to your overall DPS, and Haste will greatly improve APS. All 3 together make your DPS.

Will this add that much damage ? I see in beginning of the thread peeps with 10-14K DPS.
Still have to work on my equipment for additional and flat ele damage, but just was wondering why i still had this great difference in DPS at this moment.
Thnx all for your reply's.
"
Virevly wrote:

Will this add that much damage ? I see in beginning of the thread peeps with 10-14K DPS.
Still have to work on my equipment for additional and flat ele damage, but just was wondering why i still had this great difference in DPS at this moment.
Thnx all for your reply's.

I have very low dps too, only 6.2k(
6L gives a lot of dps..
IGN: Javana
Last edited by Orlog on Mar 17, 2014, 9:14:49 AM
This sort of old thread has entirely too many pages for me to skim all the way through but I was wondering if you exhausted all possibilities as far as the "base attack" skill for applying this amazing build's damage.

For instance:

Spectral throw cannot shotgun. Sure, if you get targets at optimal range you get multiple hits from each cast of ST, but for instance Fireball and Freezing Pulse can both hit 3 (LMP) or 5 (GMP) times respectively, instantly on a single target. Although this is admittedly at close range.

Other options are some nice bow attacks such as Quill Rain + the new Barrage skill, Death's Harp etc (Essentially items that add additional "projectiles" with which to apply your elemental damage without reducing your dps the way LMP and GMP do)

Mathil mentioned trying this with split arrow in his original post but I imagine that split arrow (dps loss) + LMP (dps loss) + chain/fork (dps loss) was causing an issue that could be creatively worked around to truly maximize this build.
"
Rhoktar wrote:
This sort of old thread has entirely too many pages for me to skim all the way through but I was wondering if you exhausted all possibilities as far as the "base attack" skill for applying this amazing build's damage.

For instance:

Spectral throw cannot shotgun. Sure, if you get targets at optimal range you get multiple hits from each cast of ST, but for instance Fireball and Freezing Pulse can both hit 3 (LMP) or 5 (GMP) times respectively, instantly on a single target. Although this is admittedly at close range.

Other options are some nice bow attacks such as Quill Rain + the new Barrage skill, Death's Harp etc (Essentially items that add additional "projectiles" with which to apply your elemental damage without reducing your dps the way LMP and GMP do)

Mathil mentioned trying this with split arrow in his original post but I imagine that split arrow (dps loss) + LMP (dps loss) + chain/fork (dps loss) was causing an issue that could be creatively worked around to truly maximize this build.

Split doesn't need LMP or GMP as it has its own build in Multiple projectiles.
Here a build that is rather popular using SA and Ele damage, i never played this but a friend has familiar build and is rather pleased with it.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428059
"
Virevly wrote:

Split doesn't need LMP or GMP as it has its own build in Multiple projectiles.
Here a build that is rather popular using SA and Ele damage, i never played this but a friend has familiar build and is rather pleased with it.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/428059

Too right my friend, I shouldn't have said LMP with split arrow but my idea is still not fully addressed because Mathil said he tried SA with his build and didn't like it as much as ST -- but I still feel that there maybe be builds out there that have the potential to abuse elemental dmg on hit effects harder (Quillrain / Death's Harp + Barrage?) etc.
I wanted to make a post to help clarify a few things.

1. eDPS - this is a function of elemental damage on weapon multiplied by attack speed. So as attack speed goes up, so does eDPS. This is a great stat to help isolate potential upgades on POE.XYZ but is not good for comparing 1 foil VS another.

2. Once Anger and Wrath are max level, a blue sword with only 27% attack speed mod (2.16 attacks per second) would put out about equal dps to a 1.7 aps foil with 36-64 cold, 41-72 fire and 11-115 light (highest possible rolls). Even with as great of a foil that Mathil had last season, about 75% of his dps came from Wrath and Anger.

3. Haste only adds 17% attack speed which is probably 6-9% bump in dps.

4. Last season, Mathil was using a 6L rare chest and took Acrobatics. He had over 6K health so he either dodged, evaded or blocked about 75% of attacks and had the health pool to soak up the physical attacks that made it through. This season he is using lightning coil which enables him to save a handful of points that can be used to increase his health pool. With my 6L rare, I also take phase acrobatics as I find that physical spells (can be dodged but not evaded) like the explosions from the Bubble Shield guys can (and have) kill me if I desync. This makes me much more tanky at the expense of some dps, chaos resist and health nodes.

5. With Resolute Technique, you can no longer evade reflect. Ondars will not help you with reflect if you took this node. You can however block and dodge reflect so 40% dodge and 30% block really helps with reflect. Couple this with the reduced effectiveness of Life Leech and I would imagine that Mathil has to be much more careful dealing with reflect than he did last season. He is a great player so he can handle it but I am sure makes some maps much slower.

6. Over capping resists by 44 with Lightning coil would be very, very hard and gear would get ridiculously expensive considering you still need WED, Life, attack speed, movements speed etc. I use a mirrored 6L chest and the rest of my gear is pretty ridiculous and I still need 22% more cold resist and 15% more fire resist to be overcapped for elemental weakness maps.

7. -Max and elemental weakness maps will be more difficult especially with reflect when using Lightning Coil and no acrobatics / phase acrobatics.

8. I would level with a 2 hander for the first 40 levels or so. You can do enough dps with a 2 hander and no auras early on while you build your tree. Until you hit the aura nodes, level your gems and get some WED on gear, you will be hurting for dps.

9. Do not run Blood Magic until you can run a life leech gem. Just chug mana pots.

10. This is not an IIR IIQ build. You will not be able to stack those stats and still get all the other stats you need. Get high life on every piece of gear. It is a requirement.

My scion tree at level 88 with phase acrobatics and gear in Standard. DPS is 12,555 and health is about 5,600.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoi6iP2JDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6LYMvbzBxMok26TpCOyg8jkZxSVFKfUt4UzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81ptYENk52aeZ6BtbG17bj1vnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtaIApwinXKeErKq0DLVIuJO748AawzrEosaexqLKSs3qz2XQ0NN-1CPZE92o4YjjaujW6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=

Ignore the gems in the gloves. Plan is to roll them to 4 red sockets and use level 16 CWDT, 16 Enduring Cry, 16/20 Immortal Call and 20/20 Increased Duration.

Last edited by Daarknight on Mar 17, 2014, 10:31:14 AM
"
nightblade157 wrote:

Question after looking at ur gear. I am guessing you are able to run 4 auras and the rest are situational? I was also thinking how a prism guardian might suit the build, with its ~40% resistances and ability to run 2 more auras?

I am indeed able to run Haste, Wrath, Anger and Purity of Fire, and I sub Purity of Ice for Haste just when I am in a map with cold based boss with some +dmg mods. With Alpha's, i'll go to overcapped on all 3 of the auras by keeping Purity of Lightning active too ;)

I noticed there's a good consensus about Alpha's as my main upgrade, thanks guys!
I was quite sure Mathil touched on it, but I can't find it again. So here I go with my thought:

Wouldn't Static Blows for 2 passive points be a very good dps increase? Sure, the shock ailment hits every 10th hit, but since we have great APS, and tree projectiles, we should be able to triple shock stack anyone without any problem, and that is a flat 90% damage increase. For 2 measly passive points. And since we don't have any crit once we get Resolute Technique it feels quite important.

But then, where to pull points from... When looking through the tree each and every point are used very well, so yeah. Would be nice with others thoughts on this though.
Last edited by Tompa974 on Mar 17, 2014, 10:41:11 AM
A question about the weapon.

Should I use a weapon with 220edps but only 2.0aps
or
use a weapon with 180edps but with 2.1aps?
IGN : ELESTERRR (AMBUSH)

TIMEZONE : GMT (+8)

IF I WIN ANY AUCTION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.
Last edited by perfectchi on Mar 17, 2014, 10:48:24 AM
"
perfectchi wrote:
A question about the weapon.

Should I use a weapon with 220edps but only 2.0aps
or
use a weapon with 180edps but with 2.1aps?

The latter.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info