Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Need a bit of advice. I have been playing this build as a shadow in ambush and was wondering should I spend 5 passives on getting acrobatics or spend 4 and go for iron reflexes. Which one would be better for end game?
"
VIPER258 wrote:
Need a bit of advice. I have been playing this build as a shadow in ambush and was wondering should I spend 5 passives on getting acrobatics or spend 4 and go for iron reflexes. Which one would be better for end game?

Neither
"
cloudscraper wrote:
build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMMfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHRQdqh4aI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpPI5GcUlRUzVVS1XGVdZXyVfiWfNabWTnZp5tbG17b55wu3Kpd-V82X11f8aApIMJhtGPRpBVkyeXBpu1ogCnCKdcp4SsqrQMtUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE-GI42rquuvu7DjuDu967_DxdvPd9tr60vsJ_rr_kw==

gear

Level 74 atm, rocking maps till lvl 70 without particular issues. Some random deaths to elemental 1shots but that's due to me not having cold res capped (will be capped with Alpha's Howl)

I'm currently saving every single piece of currency I have for Alpha's Howl, do you confirm that it is the most important and huge upgrade on my gear? I might get a slightly faster weapon but prices on ambush for this build have gone COMPLETELY CRAZY. I don't want to pay 5ex for 0.1 APS, really.

Question after looking at ur gear. I am guessing you are able to run 4 auras and the rest are situational? I was also thinking how a prism guardian might suit the build, with its ~40% resistances and ability to run 2 more auras?
Hey guys.. I have been following this build and it seems all good just feel like I am lacking survivability.

I have been running a life on hit gem in my ST instead of LL. I just felt LL didn't do much after it got nerfed.

Im wondering what you would thing of an armour variant of this build such as

Let me know what u guys think.

I do realise I will be losing DPS not taking the increased buff nodes

am I wasting my time here or could I pull this off. it just seems on this build we take very little defensive nodes

Dan
I noticed a difference early on with Acrobatics, and later Ondar's, in low 70's when running PA. I was sacrificing life at the time for these, and it paid off, allowing me to move loss and fire more.

The priority set on gear was EV/Life then WED. You need to survive in order to do any damage, and you don't want to keep eating 10% every time later on. I rolled out some bad mods early on maps until I was higher level and grabbed more life.

Every time I attack, it's Elemental Weakness and LMP ST.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
cloudscraper wrote:

I'm currently saving every single piece of currency I have for Alpha's Howl, do you confirm that it is the most important and huge upgrade on my gear? I might get a slightly faster weapon but prices on ambush for this build have gone COMPLETELY CRAZY. I don't want to pay 5ex for 0.1 APS, really.

The 8% Reduced Mana Reservation on Alpha's is what will allow you to run 5 auras. You don't even have to have a max level Reduced Mana gem either, a level 17 one will do just fine (the 260% mana reserved for 5 auras would go down to about 98%).
"
cloudscraper wrote:

I have just brought Alpha's Howl. Really good helm, I lose 270 life, but get: 750 dps, and now I can run 5 auras, even with 18-19lvl rediced mana. About sword I cant say anything, because I play soft, and here I have got 190 eDPS 2.13 APS sword for 20 chaos. And still very low dps(( Max lvl of Auras + 4x30+% WED are the most important.
IGN: Javana
Last edited by Orlog on Mar 17, 2014, 7:52:05 AM
One question ... does the lvl of aura's really give alot off impact on your dps ?
I reworked a existig scion on standard to make this build, loving it so far, but feels really squishy sometimes like bosses and maps.
I followed the tree and i know the auras arn't that high lvl yet but 2950 dps still looks low for me even at this point.

My Gear

Spoiler

My tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzBbUMfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UIuoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-i2DL28yiTbpOyg8jkZxSVFKfVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptYENk52aeZ6BtbG17bj1vnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtaIApwinXKeErKq0DLVIuJO748AawzrEosaeykrN6s9l0NDTftQj2RPjaujW6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_22vrS-wn8xf66

Any comments on this would be aprreciated ;P

"
Virevly wrote:
One question ... does the lvl of aura's really give alot off impact on your dps

For my gear and build (on a page earlier) +1 lvl of wrath gives 200 dps, +1 lvl of anger gives 150 dps. So when you ll reach 17-18lvl from your current 15 you'll get around 1k dps.
Oh, Also haste is needed!! It is 25-27% atack speed! It is another 700-800 dps for you.
IGN: Javana
Last edited by Orlog on Mar 17, 2014, 8:11:29 AM
As stated above, Alpha's Howl with Haste, Wrath and Anger is a big boost. It is critical if you want to run all the auras. Wrath and Anger will add the flat damage to your overall DPS, and Haste will greatly improve APS. All 3 together make your DPS.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info