Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Mathil wrote:
"
I have some critical feedback of this build. This is not a cheap build., and it is misleading to call it such.

I am lvl 70 with 3k hp, 2.3k dps, and 110% mf. I have spent about 1 ex total on gear, most of which went towards a 5L chest.

I am currently getting dominated on every map I run. This build is so squishy. I already had to modify it to run CWDT+DT+EC instead of Leap Slam in the shield. I even took one of the comment's suggestions to get Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics to increase my defenses. I am still dying.

To progress my defensives and offensives, it looks like I need to drop 5 ex on an Alpha's Howl, 1-2ex on a better weapon, and 1ex + a bunch of jewelers and fusing orbs on a 5L/6L lightning coil. This is hardly "cheap".

I'm sorry you're struggling but that isn't a problem with my build. If this isn't cheap then how was I top 5 all the way though the league so far playing alone and self found since day 1?

I didn't buy an Alpha's howl until I was 84 or so and was the first person into 78 maps with a char worth barely few exalts.

Like, I can't even be bothered defending it any further because I could write an extra page on how you're wrong and everything is comparitively super cheap but it seems obvious that you want a spec that can do everything in the game better than this but with a 3 link and all blues. Can't help you there.

I reccomend Searing Bond.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
perfectchi wrote:

I am level 71 right now (reach around 46K dps in new league)

"
perfectchi wrote:

(reach around 46K dps in new league)

"
perfectchi wrote:

46K dps

46k? tooltip dps? i would love to see that..

4.6K lol
IGN : ELESTERRR (AMBUSH)

TIMEZONE : GMT (+8)

IF I WIN ANY AUCTION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME.
"
perfectchi wrote:

4.6K lol

Ah that's better... i started to worry about what was i doing wrong with 9k :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I've been looking at/trying this build out and i really am liking it, i've been using a 2hand phys weapon to level and i was wondering when i should switch to 1hand+shield and ele damage, is it when i get reduc mana on wrath? or maybe when i find a good 4-5 link?
Edit:Diction
Last edited by Monkeymedic33 on Mar 16, 2014, 8:04:32 PM
"
Kozmas wrote:
Should I bother with using Rubuke of the Vaal, or just try to get a 2.0+ attack speed weapon?

I used this to begin with, but with a 2.1 aps Foil my DPS nearly doubled. The elemental variety will seem like a perk, but the speed is just too slow.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Monkeymedic33 wrote:
I've been looking at/trying this build out and i really am liking it, i've been using a 2hand phys weapon to level and i was wondering when i should switch to 1hand+shield and ele damage, is it when i get reduc mana on wrath? or maybe when i find a good 4-5 link?
Edit:Diction

I go from about 2k to 10k with the auras Wrath and Anger. They add flat damage. They will be the bulk of your damage. Granted they're level 21, even leveling up, without those two auras on I was doing crap damage.

I focused primarily on WED gear and elemental rapier to begin with. Later when I got the sockets and gear, I stacked heavier on the auras. I always kept up Wrath and Anger (starting lvl 24) when possible throughout leveling, and it was only towards the 60s when I got Haste in.

I opted for Purity of Elements and Vitality over Purity of Lightning and Fire. I don't have an issue with reflect, and enjoyed the faster regeneration, worrying less about health flasks, especially during bleeds. I'd imagine if your gear permits, you could use whatever aura you wanted after Haste/Wrath/Anger are filled.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
PietyPiety wrote:
Hey guys, I just hit 50 and I'm pretty happy with this concept of an ele ST.
Can somebody still explain me why a Lightning Coil is good with this build?

Lightning Coil has great stats: armor/eva, life, and elemental damage (not super important, but always helpful). Most importantly, 40% of physical damage is converted to lightning damage.

The only major con is the -60% to Lightning resist. However, this spec greatly increases the effectiveness of all auras. It isn't too difficult to add purity of lightning and/or purity of elements and cap resists despite the -60%.

Since your lightning resist will be much, much better than your armor/eva rating, you will take 30% - 40% physical damage overall.
I am currently lvl 49 with this build and I just wanted to ask a few things :)

1. What's your thoughts on static blow passive node right above the left upper 18% life+chaos res? Seems like 10% chance to shock and 20% increase of duration can be a dps boost since you can't crit in this build due to resolute tech., which means no crit=no shock.

2. Currently Im around 1.3k health right now with no life regen, so I must retain my life from leeching from the mobs. But when I link ST with life leech, more life would go out than the amount recovered (dmg issue mostl likely even with wrath and anger).. I had to stay with life gain per hit for insta gain of life to survivability while having life leech on a random slot to lvl it up. The phys dmg is especially devastating if I fail to evade them, making the character pretty squishy. I've managed to not die so far, but I have gotten close to dying MANY times. Lightning Coil armor could be the answer, but what if I cannot get it? I currently haven't gone to the acrobatics yet. Any suggestions on what I should do?
"
Mathil wrote:
"
I have some critical feedback of this build. This is not a cheap build., and it is misleading to call it such.

I am lvl 70 with 3k hp, 2.3k dps, and 110% mf. I have spent about 1 ex total on gear, most of which went towards a 5L chest.

I am currently getting dominated on every map I run. This build is so squishy. I already had to modify it to run CWDT+DT+EC instead of Leap Slam in the shield. I even took one of the comment's suggestions to get Ondar's Guile and Acrobatics to increase my defenses. I am still dying.

To progress my defensives and offensives, it looks like I need to drop 5 ex on an Alpha's Howl, 1-2ex on a better weapon, and 1ex + a bunch of jewelers and fusing orbs on a 5L/6L lightning coil. This is hardly "cheap".

I'm sorry you're struggling but that isn't a problem with my build. If this isn't cheap then how was I top 5 all the way though the league so far playing alone and self found since day 1?

I didn't buy an Alpha's howl until I was 84 or so and was the first person into 78 maps with a char worth barely few exalts.

Like, I can't even be bothered defending it any further because I could write an extra page on how you're wrong and everything is comparitively super cheap but it seems obvious that you want a spec that can do everything in the game better than this but with a 3 link and all blues. Can't help you there.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong then.

Gear

"
"
Mathil wrote:
"

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong then.

Gear

your rings belt and amulet doesn't have Wed...weapon elemental damage. You gotta have that on every damn pieces

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info