Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"

I just crunched the numbers. Here's the delta between his build and your build:

Lose

+12% Dmg
+3 ias
+16% chaos resist

Gain

+10 str
Acrobatics
+20 mana
+6% life

Honestly I'm not sure which is better.

Well, if you think you wont level higher than level 80 you should go with my build, but if you are interested in going higher level his build as more place for improvement past lvl 80.
You are already near Ondar Guile, which is actually really awesome, (speaking for myself), from lvl 80 to 90 i will go get ondar guile (easily attainable with his build), than i will get a bit more hp, available beside ondar guilde 2x8% and 1x12% (which is also more easily attainable with his build)

So i would say if you think you will stop lvling at 80 take my build, i you think you can reach lvl90 take his build!!, there is only 5-6 passive deifferences you can alway just use your refund passive point to switch back and forth!!

and the +16% chaos resist is only 1 node away so it is easily available for his build too

EDIT:
ALSO where do you see the +12% Dmg ??! i can't seem to find it?! i have the same :
-inc buff effect and the same inc aura effet, also the same inc ele dmg too so where do you see that 12% difference?

Your build loses Path of the Warrior
is corrupted ST really rare? because we could avoid getting unwavering stance if its not rare?!
(is having souls really easy? lategame?) or its not worth it?

also do you guys think we should get LGOH? instead of LIFE LEECH after the nerf of Lifeleech?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 6, 2014, 6:11:49 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Futon wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
Been looking at other classes and just don't think I see it as enough benefit compared to scion still.
Here's another rework of Scion that doesn't take the wheel of life approach. Ends with good life and a little less attack speed than my previous (so more life/mana, less attack). But not less attack speed than any of the other builds posted (ranger, shadow builds)

Again, based on level 88. for level 80 I'd probably take away the evasion/life on the right and some combination of projectile damage/attack speed in the ranger area.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoi6iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-i2DL28wfDIBMok26TsoPI5GcUlRUUdTNVVLVcZV1lfJV-JZ81ptYENk52aebWxte249b55wu3Kpd-V82X11fyt_xoCkgwmG0Y19jb-PRpBVkyeXBpsmm7WdrqEiogCnCKdcp4Sqf6q4rKqyGbQMtUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs3qz2XPetDQ037UI9aK2RPhiONq6Nbquuvu7DjwH_Pd9tr60vsJ_ro=

Saw some flaws in that build unless you value mana.

You gain a good chunk of life + 14 chaos resist. You gain 30% stun avoidance, 2% attack speed, 20 dex, 30% block recovery, and 20 intellect. You lose 16% projectile damage but I value surviability>damage.

Actually, I don't believe Finesse is worth the reach.

I am not sure heart of oak is needed either. My reasoning was that stun is generally from fast projectile attacks but that's nullified by Ondar's. Also, I allocate 1% life regen on the left side of the tree since I think that's the part of heart of oak I miss and then the 2nd passive could go towards 6%life/8%mana.

Also, I am on the fence about reaching for Purity of Flesh. The Chaos resist is nice but we can hit more with 1 node using Clear Conscious. Since the life nerf it is a nice life cluster though.

Mana is a bonus. And actually I do toss my IIR spectral throw off mana (ST - LMP - Culling - IIR).

I added the evasion/life nodes on the right since I took away the nodes leading to sentinel. Again, this isn't the spec I'm currently running. The one I posted before is the one I have allocated right now. Either way the build works great and allows for these choices in personal preference.

You using mana changes a bit but the rest is a matter of opinion.

Your build with Scion:
Spoiler
+200 to Strength
+200 to Dexterity
+180 to Intelligence
+150 to maximum Mana
+202 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
44% increased Attack Speed
6% increased Cast Speed
6% increased Movement Speed
70% increased effect of Auras you Cast
24% increased maximum Energy Shield
41% reduced Mana Reserved
216% increased maximum Life
32% increased maximum Mana
24% increased Radius of Auras
68% increased Evasion Rating
20% increased Projectile Speed
39% increased Projectile Damage
24% increased Effect of Buffs on You
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
4% increased Physical Damage
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
40% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
+36% Energy Shield
+40% increased Melee Physical Damage
+400 Accuracy Rating

My Build with ranger:
Spoiler
+194 to Strength
+252 to Dexterity
+174 to Intelligence
+147 to maximum Mana
+211 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
92.4% increased Evasion Rating
41% increased Attack Speed
228% increased maximum Life
20% increased Accuracy Rating
30% increased Block and Stun Recovery
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
20% increased Projectile Speed
15% increased Projectile Damage
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
24% increased Radius of Auras
41% reduced Mana Reserved
70% increased effect of Auras you Cast
6% increased Cast Speed
6% increased Movement Speed
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
24% increased maximum Energy Shield
24% increased Effect of Buffs on You
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
56% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+34.8% Energy Shield
+38.8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+504 Accuracy Rating

Mine has 12% more life + 9 base life , 24% evasion, 16% elemental damage with weapons, 30% stun/block recovery, 30% stun avoidance. Yours has 3% more attack speed, 24% more projectile damage, and 32% mana.

I like my build better. Maybe it's a matter of opinion though.

On a related topic, which would add more damage? 9% attack speed vs 24% projectile damage vs 24% elemental damage with weapons?

IGN : Futons
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is corrupted ST really rare? because we could avoid getting unwavering stance if its not rare?!
(is having souls really easy? lategame?) or its not worth it?

also do you guys think we should get LGOH? instead of LIFE LEECH after the nerf of Lifeleech?

I haven't had any issues with life leech. I haven't tried life on hit other than combining it with life leech on elemental maps. I don't have a 20/20 LGOH to test with, i'll try my level 18 and see how it does.

The Corrupted skill gems are not meant for spamming like we do, they are more of finishing moves. The problem with finishing moves is that we really don't have a slot for it, maybe as culling? The fact that they use the dumb resource of souls is the problem.
"
Futon wrote:

Mine has 12% more life + 9 base life , 24% evasion, 16% elemental damage with weapons, 30% stun/block recovery, 30% stun avoidance. Yours has 3% more attack speed, 24% more projectile damage, and 32% mana.

On a related topic, which would add more damage? 9% attack speed vs 24% projectile damage vs 24% elemental damage with weapons?

Very good points. Where's your ranger build? The one from a couple pages back doesn't have those stats.
Thanks!
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Futon wrote:

Very good points. Where's your ranger build? The one from a couple pages back doesn't have those stats.
Thanks!

My ranger build from a couple pages ago is only 99 points (i'm only lvl 81). For the above comparison I used 106 points like your build. The additional points go straight into the life wheel above the scion tree (next to influence) and then elemental weapon damage by ondar's guile.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EswW1CC4MfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZihmOGjgabBqPHNwdqiLqI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPotgy9vMok26TyORnFJUUp9UzVVS1XWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptY6dk52aeZ6BtbG17b55wu3KpdEF313flfNl9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHdpBVkyeXBpuNm7WdrqIApwinXKeErKqv67QMtUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs3q037UI9aK2RPdRuGI42ro1uq66-7sOO2D7g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=
i know both of you dabated on what build is better, but i truely think that getting Oak is a waste of point :

so here is my own variation, dropped Oak and i got 3X8% proj dmg (beside haste)
and got revenged of the hunted (which is nice HP + EVA)
and got 2x6%hp/8%mana node

build:

Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 6, 2014, 6:52:39 PM
"

My ranger build from a couple pages ago is only 99 points (i'm only lvl 81). For the above comparison I used 106 points like your build. The additional points go straight into the life wheel above the scion tree (next to influence) and then elemental weapon damage by ondar's guile.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EswW1CC4MfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZihmOGjgabBqPHNwdqiLqI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPotgy9vMok26TyORnFJUUp9UzVVS1XWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptY6dk52aeZ6BtbG17b55wu3KpdEF313flfNl9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHdpBVkyeXBpuNm7WdrqIApwinXKeErKqv67QMtUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs3q037UI9aK2RPdRuGI42ro1uq66-7sOO2D7g7veu_w8B_z3fba-tL7CfzF_ro=

there is no point in wasting so much point down there, there is no difference between projectile damage and elemental damage!! so just get projectile damage and save way more point!! that could be spent on HP elsewhere see my post above!!

QUESTION:
-how much life regen do we need to compensate for our ST cost? (i guess life regen will be needed because of lifeleech nerf?)

-do we really need resolute technique anymore? since i was taking it to boost my lifeleech but it doesnt stack anymore so what the point of getting RT?

Last edited by xenochaos1 on Mar 6, 2014, 7:13:16 PM
hey futon, ranger and shadow have the same benefits? today are better than those of a scion?
"
nouser wrote:
hey futon, ranger and shadow have the same benefits? today are better than those of a scion?

All pretty much the same. Ranger is just tankier with the evasion buffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info