EXPLOSION! Dual Wield - DS/Infernal Blow/Molten Shell

"
TAgames wrote:
Can you post a video please :D Would love to see it in action :)

If you'd read the other comments, this has yet to be tested to the point where videos become interesting to watch.
Lots of Blood Magic support gems, what about picking up the Blood Magic passive? It's within 2 points of the tree as is stands.

I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn't, but I'm new so would appreciate some validation:
1, A reasonable rule of thumb would seem to be: never do with passives what you can do with gems (as gems can always be changed, passives not so much).
2, There is nothing else really worth getting in terms of support gems instead of BM.
3, Global Blood Magic would drain too much health? Not sure about this.

Your thoughts are appreciated :)
Hi, I'm trying the build at the moment and I was wondering how i should level up my skill gems ?
Do you upgrade leap slam or do you just use it to escape mobs ?
"
Nallenbot wrote:
Lots of Blood Magic support gems, what about picking up the Blood Magic passive? It's within 2 points of the tree as is stands.

I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn't, but I'm new so would appreciate some validation:
1, A reasonable rule of thumb would seem to be: never do with passives what you can do with gems (as gems can always be changed, passives not so much).
2, There is nothing else really worth getting in terms of support gems instead of BM.
3, Global Blood Magic would drain too much health? Not sure about this.

Your thoughts are appreciated :)

he does this so only his attack skills are used with blood magic while his auras still run from mana

essentially this lets him run as much auras as possible without having to care about mana left for attacking
I'm currently level 53 going through with this build. Too far to turn back now! But here are my thought so far.

This build was incredibly fun in the thirties. Last half of cruel started to wear me down for two reasons.

1) Horrible weapon luck. Literally every weapon I picked up was garbage.

2) Armor with decent stats, but low resists. Dying to elemental damage.

I play with a group of friends, otherwise it'd be a miracle I made it this far. The damage output is there if you can get decent gear for it. I think the only problem is the survivability.

Currently trying to farm for fusings and/or materials to buy more fusings to link my 6 socket chest. That may solve some of my survivability if I can have my Dual Strike and Inferno Blow both connected to Bloodmagic, Life Leech, LoH, and somethings else (not sure, yet will worry about it if I ever get there.) And allow me to run a second aura.

Things are slightly better at 53 now that I can use a couple weapons I found. Yet the biggest problem is definitely the resists. But that's definitely on my end. I think, for the most part -- as with any build, really -- luck is a big factor. So far, I've been unlucky in the field of usable defensive gear.
I thought the general consensus for IR and Leather and Steel is that it doesn't double dip for evasion and armor? (Meaning you'll only get one 24% bonus versus two of them, so in this case Steel Skin is better)

As for survivability, you can try out endurance charges(which currently work a lot better than armor) since Infernal Blow puts you into melee range, and having endurance charges equates to more resist. You're clearly in reach of 2 extra ones and could just spec out of leather and steel and get those.
Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this build. I just came upon it again, and am thinking on how I can improve it. Right now, it currently has too little life to be very viable endgame. I'm about to start this build now, but instead of doing a duelist dual weilder, It's looking like a Templar might be better for this. Just north of templar, there are some more fire nodes, which benefit this build greatly. It also has much more HP nodes around it, which should help the survivability. Currently, I'm debating weather to go 2h or dual weilding. I'm leaning more to 2h right now. The core of the build will still be the same, Infernal Blow, and Molten Shield for your AoE. I'm going to finish planning it out, and start a new thread. I'm aiming for being level 50 within a couple of days, and then hitting 70+ and maps within a week. I'll be able to post some videos on it too. Sorry that I haven't responded much!
See you, Space Cowboy...
Added fire dmg does nothing for molten shell or any other elemental spell, ever. It adds a % of phys dmg. And no sup gem adds dmg to auras, since auras aren't spells and even less, attacks. And even if there was one it wouldn't be added fire dmg since, again, it adds a % of phys dmg.
"
Unhold wrote:
Added fire dmg does nothing for molten shell or any other elemental spell, ever. It adds a % of phys dmg. And no sup gem adds dmg to auras, since auras aren't spells and even less, attacks. And even if there was one it wouldn't be added fire dmg since, again, it adds a % of phys dmg.

I know these things now, the current build isn't optimized well, I'm working on it right now.
See you, Space Cowboy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info