How can I increase my fps?

I've put all my graphics on the lowest; changed the file in My Documents and lowered my resolution.
Running on the 2.2 GHz duo core version of the Pavilion g6 and have between 30-60 fps in majority of area's. Places where it's raining I get 10-30 fps. Dominus 3-15 fps. I don't even bother playing in parties because of the fear I'll play with a witch (Lightening strike / inferno).
I know this issue has been brought up before I'm just curious if there is currently anything else I can do on my end to improve my performance without taking out £1000.
What video card do you have?
Vengeance of the Fallen
Intel HD graphics; It's not great but it's more than capable of running this game the majority of the time. Funny thing is I can set the graphics to highest and still get 30fps in allot of area's it's just some area's/spells that screw me over. Storm Call literally brings me down to 10fps by itself on a single cast.
I get a feeling that this game is suspiciously resource intensive...

be sure to tinker with ALL the graphic settings in the game.

particularly Vsync and Post processing.

I normally have V-sync on every game all the time. but in this game often I'm disabling it to improve frame rates.

post processing...does having it on raise or lower the frame rates...I cant even tell of the top of my head...

but I can turn it on, turn it off and test it both ways and see the real world results by pressing F1 while in game. I think i may have it disabled for the improvement. best you test it.

improving frame rates is more of a craft than a science... good luck!
A lot of the framerate issues are more related to the GPU you're using than anything else, but there are still ways you can improve the performance.

You can set all options to Lowest setting. Also disable Post-Processing, and enable vsync for better performance. You can also manually edit the production_Config.ini file and set the texture_quality line to something higher. The higher the number, the worse the quality, but the better the performance. Find a value good for you. It's a personal preference really. Some people cannot play the game past a 3 setting. Others can go as high as 5 and be OK. I wouldn't personally go over 4 or 5 as 6 or 7 become so hard to see that it pretty much ruins the game.

Finally, some people have had better performance by using --nosound on their shortcut target (or launch options if you're using Steam). It DOES completely disable the sound in the game, so if the sound is important to you, this might not be a good option.. but I know a lot of people who disable the sound and use their own soundtrack. Again, it's a compromise for what you're willing to do. I can't play without sound.

In addition to the game changes, you can also try creating a profile for PathOfExile.exe (or PathOfExileSteam.exe if you use Steam) in your video control panel, and tweak some of the options in there. Usually setting it to "maximum performance" or similar will help.

Good luck.
Already did all of what you suggested. I've managed to increase my overall FPS but unfortunately I still can't play around certain spells; additionally the last boss is still a big no for me. thanks anyway.
This will speed up loading time...
Spoiler
add to shortcut on the end
"
"-gc1"

or
"
"-gc2"

Example
Spoiler
...\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe" -gc2

This will increase fps...
Spoiler
Edit in notepad this file:
"
C:\Users\M\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini

And look for:
"
texture_quality=1

Change it to higher number (0-9) 3 to 5 is enough ugly

Get high fps instantly:
Spoiler
turon off all chat channels, press enter and write:
Spoiler
"
/cls

This will clear ur chat history in game, logs are still available

Disable Windows Areo
Spoiler
Disable Windows Areo

Also try this:
Spoiler
- set preformance (most of cards has profiles for this) in video card settings;
- set stable memory sharing in BIOS (if its possible on ur pc);
Spoiler
- buy better pc or w8t for path of exile 2 ;)

Last edited by hidanhammer on Jun 26, 2015, 3:49:16 PM
Keep in mind that it is -gc 1 or -gc 2 ... with a space.

a LOT of people type it incorrectly and wonder why they don't get the expected results.
"
Drakier wrote:

a LOT of people type it incorrectly and wonder why they don't get the expected results.

Not true.
"
hidanhammer wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

Not true.

my thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info