making my own website

Hey

I want to make my own website I have had an idea for some content. I dont really know where to begin. I don't know if there is anyone with any experience or can link me to those that do?

Basically the site will need:

User editable pages (not unlike wikipedia)
A system where users can rate pages
Targeted advertising as my income
The facility to be able to easily upgrade space as user editable content could potentially generate a mass of information
The facility to be able to upgrade bandwidth
As low set up costs as possible and a user friendly program to design the site with. I am not savvy with coding.
I am happy to pay what is required so long as i am getting what i need at that time. For instance i wont need to start with 100gb of web hosting space so theres no point paying for it but at some point if my idea takes off i want to be able to then invest in it and perhaps more as required?

I understand it is fairly ambitious project and i am a complete novice but i am prepared to do my best with it. Just any help on where to begin my quest and any advice from someone who may have embarked on a journey such as this - perhaps a forum where this is a more relevent topic would be helpful. I have obviously done some searching but info tends to be convoluted and difficult to know where to start. It would be helpful if i had some way of knowing i was making the right decisions before i make them.

For example, my biggest concern is finding out i buy a program for making a website and then discover there is no facility to make user editable pages in it.

Remember the website would be most like wikipedia only obviously on a much smaller scale and may grow in popularity if i can make this work so that it is of substantial size.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info