humming noise

I am also having this problem. I had originally thought it was just my headset but I have done testing on all my other games without this problem.

It only occurs in PoE as has been said above it goes away when in the background and when you have the skill tree open.

As the above poster said enabling V-sync does effect this. However it doesn't remove the sound completely it just dampens it but it is still audible.

Edit-1:After figuring out that Vsync messed with the noise I've started trying different video settings to see if it makes a difference.

Also worth noting I play with ingame audio set to my speakers and they generate no Humming, it only comes from my headset which I use purely for voice comms.

Antialising Quality: Changes the tone of the humming.

Engine Multi-threading: Disabling this nearly muffles the sound to near inaudible levels but it is still there.
Last edited by Konis on Aug 19, 2017, 8:19:18 AM
The cables and the ports themselves for the front panel USB and audio connectors tend to be poorly shielded from Electromagnetic Interference, often the USB cables and connectors will generate noise that affects the front audio cables and connector.

Most review websites don't test this when reviewing a computer case making it hard to find a computer case where this doesn't happen.

Back when analog CD Audio was a thing, that too could cause interference for audio output, microphone ports can also cause interference and it's primarily recommended to mute any audio ports you're not actively using.

Either a hardware device is emitting significant Electro-Magnetic-Interference (commonly encountered when using the audio ports on the front of a computer case) or you need to mute all your audio inputs.

It's also possible your video card is causing the interference, fluctuations in the amount of power its drawing will fluctuate the hum usually.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Removing the foreground FPS cap worked for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info