Current ARPG Rankings

PoE > Diablo 2 > Torchlight 2 > Titan Quest > Sacred 2 > Torchlight 1 > Dungeon Seige 2 > Diablo 1 > Dungeon Seige 1 > Sacred 1 > Dungeon Seige 3 > Diablo 3

Would love to see Grim Dawn fall in there behind PoE later this year or next year. I say "behind" because from what I have seen & experienced, topping PoE is going to be tough.
Last edited by jpnole on Jan 19, 2013, 3:04:37 AM
Well, these kind of rankings are always based on ones own taste of games. So many times these threads just become arguing where people basically say "my taste of games is better than yours".

Anyway, my rankings would be this, based on the games I've played:

Diablo 3 > Diablo 2 > Titan Quest > Sacred 2 > Dungeon Siege 2 > Torchlight 1 > Diablo 1

I didn't include PoE yet, as I've only played it for a couple of days nine months ago. It looks promising though. I also wish that Grim Dawn will be a success and I have high hopes for it as I really liked TQ. I can't wait for it to enter Alpha stage (I'll be in it).

It'd be nice if someone would create a really great "Dungeon Siege"-like game. It would be refreshing to control a team of characters instead of just one. I liked that aspect of DS.
POE>D2LOD>Sacred 1+2>Twoworlds 1+2>Dungeonsiege 2>Titanquest+expansion>Torchlight 2>Dungeonsiege>Torchlight.

I'm sure there's some games I can't think of right now.Anyway while I've put them in the above order they all have aspects that I like more than the others.I think POE kind of covers everything thats good about D2 for me while the other games offer things that POE doesn't(like Sacred1+2 open world for instance).
Is D2 worth playing anymore? For that matter, how about D1? I have a copy of it somewhere that I never even opened.
"
Jaya5602 wrote:
Is D2 worth playing anymore? For that matter, how about D1? I have a copy of it somewhere that I never even opened.

Always worth it yes. Great games!
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
D2>TL2>PoE>TitanQuest>D3>Sacred1>D1>Sacred2>TL1>Loki
Baldur's Gate > D2 > D1 > PoE > Sacred > D3 > TL1
"There's a legend on the internet that if you stay a virgin until your 30, you become a wizard."
"The right man in the wrong place can make all difference in the world"
Path of Exile > Hopefully Grim Dawn > Torchlight 2 > Diablo 2 > Titan's Quest: IT > Torchlight > Diablo 3 > Magicka > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters

This is my ranking from my personal enjoyment alone on all the ARPG games I had played so far. I am not really judging on content, graphics, OSTs and gameplay mechanics since that would require a large wall of texts for me to compare and contrasts.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info