Groundslam with increased AoE

Of course this isn't for early on levels, somewhere after level 50-60+ or so. So was wondering if anyone had gone the route of Increased area of effect gem and also Amplify and the 2 nodes after it which isn't far off the tree from getting the health nodes right there. 20% more radius from the 3 points +8% damage and the gem goes up to 32%.

Now my ? is does this make ground slam really go pretty far and little better kiting and slamming and just in general when your farming end game hitting mobs futher away faster killing rounding up mobs.

Also thoughts about it. I'm 51 now and using level 2 of the gem at 16% increased AoE. Just wondering if its worth it for people who have tried it out.
"
Of course this isn't for early on levels, somewhere after level 50-60+ or so. So was wondering if anyone had gone the route of Increased area of effect gem and also Amplify and the 2 nodes after it which isn't far off the tree from getting the health nodes right there. 20% more radius from the 3 points +8% damage and the gem goes up to 32%.

Now my ? is does this make ground slam really go pretty far and little better kiting and slamming and just in general when your farming end game hitting mobs futher away faster killing rounding up mobs.

Also thoughts about it. I'm 51 now and using level 2 of the gem at 16% increased AoE. Just wondering if its worth it for people who have tried it out.

From my experience increase AoE for GS has more impact on it's width then on it's length.
It's like a cone shape where the longest range will have little increase as compare to the sides.

I tested with Concentrated effect (-30% AoE), you just take 1 step forward compared to no AoE penalties but it's width takes a toll as it can only hit mobs if they are group really close together.

So ya you can imagine with 30% increase AoE.
I tried a templar with increased aoe nodes, including the ones nearing the witch area plus the gem and my gs. My increased aoe gem is level 14.

You can see the range in the first pic as the light damage effect is on the mobs. Second pic you cant see it well but it is hitting the zombies in front and the skeleton on the left side, so the range is quite a bit longer and the cone is much wider.

ign:SerCleavy
Last edited by Angelolz on Jan 19, 2013, 8:06:25 AM
"
Angelolz wrote:
I tried a templar with increased aoe nodes, including the ones nearing the witch area plus the gem and my gs. My increased aoe gem is level 14.

You can see the range in the first pic as the light damage effect is on the mobs. Second pic you cant see it well but it is hitting the zombies in front and the skeleton on the left side, so the range is quite a bit longer and the cone is much wider.

I only test with lv.1 AoE gem but the lightning effect has no changes even if I unequipped the gem.

Since you have taken all the AoE Nodes and Gems, do you think if AoE nodes and gems are worth it on GS?
The lightning damage just comes from random lightning damage on my gear, so you can see the mobs were getting hit, which you cant on the second screenshot because of the timing of the screenshot. But they are getting hit from that range.

Im not sure if its worth it, i dont recall how a gs marauder is without it. To me it would depend how it is with less aoe nodes, like without the ones from the witch area. If you can get the ones in the templar starting area +increase aoe gem, without sacrificing to much skill points it might be worth it in the end if your gear is good. Since the increase in aoe size is quite noticeable.

I would test it but i dont have enough regrets left to unspec my character and OB is around the corner.

For 2 handed maces it would probably just be best to get the unique karui maul, depending on how much it will be changed when OB hits.
"
Angelolz wrote:
The lightning damage just comes from random lightning damage on my gear, so you can see the mobs were getting hit, which you cant on the second screenshot because of the timing of the screenshot. But they are getting hit from that range.

Im not sure if its worth it, i dont recall how a gs marauder is without it. To me it would depend how it is with less aoe nodes, like without the ones from the witch area. If you can get the ones in the templar starting area +increase aoe gem, without sacrificing to much skill points it might be worth it in the end if your gear is good. Since the increase in aoe size is quite noticeable.

I would test it but i dont have enough regrets left to unspec my character and OB is around the corner.

For 2 handed maces it would probably just be best to get the unique karui maul, depending on how much it will be changed when OB hits.

I meant the AoE does not appear to has any effect on it's animation even if you equip an AoE gem at least for me.

I'm still doubt the effectiveness of melee in OBT, lets see how it goes.
I do alot of running up to group, drop decoy totem, curse and just start slamming and it has a huge range of killing anything near. I only play HC so decoy and step a few feet back and killing them works very well. I think I might try amplify when I go those health nodes come OB. Once I'm in the probly later levels. Grab the elemental + damage nodes to.
Yeah i figure ill be rolling a marauder in OB since ive been ranged recently. I need to get the life and regen nodes in the templar area anyways so depending on what level you can reasonably get in OB i might grab them. I imagine level 80 shouldnt be to hard to get after the 23rd. So can probably eventually add aoe nodes depending on gear and OB difficulty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info