Underrated sci-fi movies

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Thaelyn wrote:
I was with you, OP, until I saw Judge Dredd on the list. The only thing that made the Stallone Dredd bearable for me was the fact that Diane Lane is kinda nice to look at.

A lot of people bash the original judge dredd, but do not elaborate why. I feel as if people have preconceptions which they cannot get passed in order to judge things objectively. It's a fascinating and thought provoking story line and environment. Perhaps if they would have thrown in the obligatory love arc, it would have more fulfilled the formula we have been conditioned to expect and enjoy.

My dislike of the movie has nothing to do with an "incomplete formula". It's simply a piss poorly written and acted film. I'll give Stallone his due for the original Rocky, but I've yet to see a decent performance from him since.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Blade runner does not belong on that list. It is considered one of the greats already.

The rest, meh.
I agree. Every other movie named is just a big pile of cheese.
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
Last edited by hostilesinbound on Dec 7, 2013, 7:42:40 PM
"
Runaway was great.

Outland
Wedlock
Escape From Absolom
Zardoz

I'm not much of a movie buff (as in I watch maybe a couple of movies every year these days) yet somehow I know the first 3 of those.

These are probably fairly known and possibly not so underrated, I dunno.

Dark City
Existenz
Gattaca
Brainscan
Lawnmower man

"
"
Moonyu wrote:
Blade runner does not belong on that list. It is considered one of the greats already.

The rest, meh.
I agree. Every other movie named is just a big pile of cheese.

You say that like cheese is a bad thing, especially in an old sci-fi movie.
Speaking of cheese, Masters of the Universe. Is that sci-fi enough?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Runaway was great.

Outland
Wedlock
Escape From Absolom
Zardoz

I just could not get into Zordoz. It is one of the only movies I seen where I've read the book first. Sean Connery is the only thing that movie had.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
Some good gems there :)

Twelve Monkeys
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"

Enemy Mine

Good film I agree,I actually read the Novella before I watched the film.
Event Horizon.
reanimator
Not really a movie itself, but more of a collection.

Creature Feature.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info