Underrated sci-fi movies

Freejack
They Live
Starship Troopers: Marauder
Blade Runner
Judge Dredd(original)
All of these films under achieved, and all are much more worthy than 95% of the crap that hits the big screen. I recommend these all top of the list 'must watch' films for those that enjoy sci-fi.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Blade runner does not belong on that list. It is considered one of the greats already.

The rest, meh.
Metal Storm: The Destruction of Jarrod Syn.
www.jeffbradleyphotography.com
Runaway
Demolishion man
Galaxina (really really bad, but it was also really bad.)

Ice pirates was horrible. Horrible goodness! One of the most interesting fight scenes and many of the jokes made me laugh.
Dark Star - John Carpenter low budget 1974 film. Still good for a few laughs.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:
Dark Star - John Carpenter low budget 1974 film. Still good for a few laughs.

Win!
I was with you, OP, until I saw Judge Dredd on the list. The only thing that made the Stallone Dredd bearable for me was the fact that Diane Lane is kinda nice to look at.
"
Thaelyn wrote:
I was with you, OP, until I saw Judge Dredd on the list. The only thing that made the Stallone Dredd bearable for me was the fact that Diane Lane is kinda nice to look at.

A lot of people bash the original judge dredd, but do not elaborate why. I feel as if people have preconceptions which they cannot get passed in order to judge things objectively. It's a fascinating and thought provoking story line and environment. Perhaps if they would have thrown in the obligatory love arc, it would have more fulfilled the formula we have been conditioned to expect and enjoy.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 7, 2013, 5:25:11 PM
Judge Dread was always a campy comic and the movie delivered on that. I just didn't care for it.
The wraith & fortress too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info