Quick question

So ive played a lot of ARPG's, and ive always been curious as to how each one works with balancing Ranged to melee. As in, making the extra risk a melee char has to take into account, vs the general safety of ranged toons.

The more serious question is, and its more curiosity as I haven't played much, but how does melee fare compared to range in GGG? I intend to make a marauder(even got a build etc all setup thanks to some help from the community, a 2h Mace mara xD). Its just that im aware that in higher diff's it can be rougher for a Melee toon, even if prepared.

So Just how big is the diff between ranged/melee in terms of pve efficiency, as I intend to make my maraudermy main/Farmertoon.

Also, finally gave in and becamea supporter, need stash tabs and a kiwi. Gonna name it Sir Reginold von Fluffy feathers the Third.
Quick and dirty answer:

Ranged is currently superior, though melee is not unplayable.

Chris agreed in a recent interview with Gamespot that Melee is currently weaker than Range on the current Beta. I'm paraphrasing here, but his point appeared to be that all of the changes coming in OB completely attempt to rebalance many things. Rather that flat out buff melee, he wants to see how melee characters fare with the newly introduced changes first. If necessary, they can tweak balance issues like this afterwards. Slightly related, but he said a high priority after OB is to work on more AoE gems for melee. In other words, there's a lot to look forward to - in the meantime, you can manage as a melee character if you want to. It's definitely not unplayable just harder.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
Quick and dirty answer:

Ranged is currently superior, though melee is not unplayable.

Chris agreed in a recent interview with Gamespot that Melee is currently weaker than Range on the current Beta. I'm paraphrasing here, but his point appeared to be that all of the changes coming in OB completely attempt to rebalance many things. Rather that flat out buff melee, he wants to see how melee characters fare with the newly introduced changes first. If necessary, they can tweak balance issues like this afterwards. Slightly related, but he said a high priority after OB is to work on more AoE gems for melee. In other words, there's a lot to look forward to - in the meantime, you can manage as a melee character if you want to. It's definitely not unplayable just harder.

SO melee is doable, just expect ranged to do it, and better? xD. THough as you said, One can only guess what the OB changes will bring to the table, right? I mean, i dun mind it being a little harder, so long as its doable and doesn't feel like a horrific grind, just cause I prefer melee.

Also, just used my GGG points to buy a ton o stash tabs. they WILL stay after the OB wipe, right? >.>.
Yes, they will. Also, like I said melee is perfectly doable. It'll be a little harder than ranged, but there are plenty of people who play melee right now.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info