"We're going to need some more servers."

"
Alros wrote:
While you are right, anubite, that massive problems in the launching phase wouldn't help PoE, I have a lot of faith in GGG. The way they handled problems in the past and the speed they are fixing technical issues (asside from desync :P), is better than in almost any other game i've seen in a while. So I'm confident that if they will run into huge issues come OB, they'll be able to deal with them quite well.

I second that.
█▀▀▄ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▄▀▀▄ █▀▄▀█ ▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█░░█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █░█░█ ▄▀░ █░░█ █▄▄▀
█▄▄▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀
i will do a special ritual to protect the stability of GGGs servers and may many noobs buy whatever pet is coming out :D
IGN- Isiander
It is always better in a situation like this to over estimate the amount of interest and scale down. If day one everyone can log in and play the good word of mouth will spread and more will want to play. In an age of screwed up servers when games launch it will be a very good headline to have the game work great out of the gate.

However if they have any problems at all word will get around and then adding more servers afterwards will be good and all but it won't help the bad word of mouth.

"
myr wrote:
i will do a special ritual to protect the stability of GGGs servers and may many noobs buy whatever pet is coming out :D

Sacrafice a virgin, bite the head off a chicken & a do a rain dance.
IGN:
"
myr wrote:

You mean that thingy where you first stab a bar of nougat chocolate through the heart three times, then slow-roast it over an open CPU and finally dance around in its aluminium skin?

Edit: To incorporate RottenSausage's design, we could maybe use chocolate Easter Bunnies (or Santas if you have them left), they got heads to chomp off.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Jan 18, 2013, 1:36:48 PM
"
Yogabba wrote:
It is always better in a situation like this to over estimate the amount of interest and scale down.

That's ok if it's not you paying for the servers :)
This is way more worrying than it is awesome. A bad launch can make or break a game these days.
"
AeneasJuilus wrote:
The real question is: if they don't have the servers will any beta members help GGG and stay off for the first 6 hours?

i thought about that and decided to wait 2-3 days, for the weekend basically
Called this. I agree it is better to overestimate server requirement for the first week at least.
RIP Bolto
When I read that tweet, I couldn't help but think of this line from Jaws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info