"We're going to need some more servers."

"
AeneasJuilus wrote:
The real question is: if they don't have the servers will any beta members help GGG and stay off for the first 6 hours?

Art thou kidding? I have made a full contingency plan in case the servers are flooded. I have candles here, and canned food, and... oh, a few games specifically prepared to tide me over [basically the sames I use to overcome the urge to log in NAO]. Also, books.

Sleet, hail, thunder, server outage? I am ready to do my part!
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Jan 18, 2013, 12:59:58 PM
The game is awesome and it gettin better and better with the time so hyped about the open beta :3
“I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything."
"We're going to need some more servers."

congrats GGG hows it feel?

:D

good jorb
IGN- Isiander
Its because of Blizzard Diablo III fail

-Launch PvP it wasn't received well by their player base, the system sucked.
-Two days later they fire/move Jay Wilson off the project, and note that other CMS/Deves were leaving the project before Jay.

Sounds to me like they are just calling it quits with Diablo III, this gives players in that game the feeling of hopelessness, they know the game is going NO WHERE for a VERY LONG TIME.

Then you have this Gem, PoE is like a life preserver in a great sea of darkness.

Blizzard left an ARPG vacuum in the place where Diablo III was supposed to be, but instead of being an island for players to clinch onto and get back into arpgg's it was more like the titanic, and it hit an iceberg and sank on its maiden voyage.

Path of Exile provides the last refuge for ARPG players (true ARPG PLAYERS, not RMAH noobs).

TLDR: The failure of Diablo III to launch a fun, competitive and unique PvP system is causing a mass exodus to path of Exile, its in the trends you see it all over.

There will be well - over - One Million Players attempting to login come wed-Thursday and you can expect that Weekend to be FLOODED with players fleeing a sinking ship SS:D3.

Most if not all D3 streamers have been streaming PoE 24/7 for the past few weeks.... and while I know that streaming games like D3 and PoE aren't exactly popular, it is a fair representation of your target demographics mind-set at the current time.

Shit my TLDR ended up longer than my OP.... fail
Last edited by dre4dwolf on Jan 18, 2013, 1:11:50 PM
Like a previous poster said, i too have a years worth of patience and forgiveness for any problems that arise on launch day.

Let the QQers QQ and the whiners whine when they dont get to play right away if there are any problems, the people who know how good this game is and how great a team GGG are will be prepared to weather the storm.

I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
dre4dwolf wrote:
it was more like the titanic, and it hit an iceberg and sank on its maiden voyage

Man the lifeboats!!!

Women & children first *everyone panics*
IGN:
Last edited by RottenSausage on Jan 18, 2013, 1:10:33 PM
This could be a bad thing, guys. Even if GGG gets enough servers, it could be rough making sure there aren't any failures or glitches that send everything into a tailspin. Sure, GGG can probably fix such issues in the long term, but making the first week of POE as playable and lag-free as possible is so important to the game's future. Having slow, but linear growth would be best, but I guess Chris' marketing campaign was maybe too successful?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jan 18, 2013, 1:11:08 PM
"
AeneasJuilus wrote:
The real question is: if they don't have the servers will any beta members help GGG and stay off for the first 6 hours?

6 hours?I'm willing to bet that's a best case scenario from GGG.Don't get your hopes up.
I know TB has mentioned it the last 2 weeks and said how good it is (and he hasnt played it in months) during the TGS podcast which usually gets tens of thousands of views on the vod and averages about 10k people watching live.

Point is the game is taking off. They have done a good job marketing, Blizzard has done a good job marketing for them. And the KEY to all of it, they have created an amazing ARPG who has had ALOT of support from its beta base and all of us are willing to spread it by word of mouth.

All in all I'm willing to bet they are no where near prepared for whats comming in a few days. Truthfully thats a GOOD thing. I know players hate when servers are down/having issues. But for an indie company to be prepared for 50k users and now realise they arent even close to what the real number will be is amazing. If I have to wait a couple days extra then so be it. Maybe I'll finish Farcry 3 or something lol.
While you are right, anubite, that massive problems in the launching phase wouldn't help PoE, I have a lot of faith in GGG. The way they handled problems in the past and the speed they are fixing technical issues (asside from desync :P), is better than in almost any other game i've seen in a while. So I'm confident that if they will run into huge issues come OB, they'll be able to deal with them quite well.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Jan 18, 2013, 1:16:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info