2h mace mara build for HC. I need help!

"
Hartkid wrote:
Unless I get some crazy ideas, I think this is roughly what I'll be working with.

I look forward to trying this new style of play in the open beta. All I've really done is ranged in the short time I played.

Good luck, prepare to die in HC OBT if you are careful, as far as what I saw in Krip's stream, it's really hard to get close to mobs especially when you are melee.

Try not to rush through blindly especially when you do not know what mobs are in Act 3.
I've got a good feeling I'll be dead sometime in act 3. Haha! If I do I'll just have to brush my self off and start again!

Thanks for helping me get a solid build!
On the topic of HC 2H marauder, what do you guys think the best choice will be in open beta for normal difficulty bandit quest? Assuming the marauder is your first toon.

Not sure if I can write down the changed questreward, perhaps it is under NDA, but without being specific, for normal difficulty they nerfed the hitpoint bonus a little bit. Outside normal difficulty we are getting other choices (if nothing changes in these last few days).

So if we discuss normal diff reward since it remains virtually unchanged. Would it be stupid to choose resistance? A skillpoint or extra hitpoint would scale better but I am thinking that the resistance would would be better for quite along time since you will have no gear waiting for you in stash at later levels. Trying to make a perfect longterm build on your first toon might not be a good idea.

"
Eivon wrote:
On the topic of HC 2H marauder, what do you guys think the best choice will be in open beta for normal difficulty bandit quest? Assuming the marauder is your first toon.

Not sure if I can write down the changed questreward, perhaps it is under NDA, but without being specific, for normal difficulty they nerfed the hitpoint bonus a little bit. Outside normal difficulty we are getting other choices (if nothing changes in these last few days).

So if we discuss normal diff reward since it remains virtually unchanged. Would it be stupid to choose resistance? A skillpoint or extra hitpoint would scale better but I am thinking that the resistance would would be better for quite along time since you will have no gear waiting for you in stash at later levels. Trying to make a perfect longterm build on your first toon might not be a good idea.

I will prioritize Life > Physical Attack/Resist > Points.

In OBT there's a new resist ring which is resist to all & I think resist is not a big problem with Marauder where you can reach out resist to Templar/Diamond skin near IR/Middle 3 resist nodes.

If Physical Attack node is 12% compare to Resist 8%, I'll definitely take the 12%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info