D3 as an "Arcade" RPG

I looked into the RoS features that are coming, through a guy that collected it in one image. It really seems apparent that the audience and gameplay of D3 is now diverging from the Action RPG genre. It is now more of an "Arcade" feel, one that you play when you have 10 to 30 mins to waste.

Will visit D3 land for a season break, but PoE is still my go to, long term asylum (home).

-edit for spellchecks
I need more purple titles
Last edited by Ocylix on Dec 6, 2013, 2:22:17 PM
PoE is perfectly playable in in 10-30 minute chunks too...
Keyblades!
"
Ocylix wrote:
I looked into the RoS features that are coming, through a guy that collected it in one image. It really seems apparent that the audience and gameplay of D3 is now diverging from the Action RPG genre. It is now more of an "Arcade" feel, one that you play when you have 10 to 30 mins to waste.

Will visit D3 land for a season break, but PoE is still my go to, long term asylum (home).

-edit for spellchecks

Those are not features announced by Blizzard ....

... its a fanmade suggestion to the devs.

The misinformation on this forum is absurd ... anyway just noticed you donated over 2k dollars to GGG ... i understand you a little better now. You are missing the "Ruler of Warcralst" only then you will be a true fan ..(atic).
Last edited by Itsthepolice on Dec 6, 2013, 5:29:17 PM
"
Itsthepolice wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:

-edit for spellchecks

The misinformation on this forum is absurd ... anyway just noticed you donated over 2k dollars to GGG ... i understand you a little better now.

These are not?

Damn, the features sounded fun.
"
Itsthepolice wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:

-edit for spellchecks

The misinformation on this forum is absurd ... anyway just noticed you donated over 2k dollars to GGG ... i understand you a little better now.

Damn, this makes me sad, I was reading that and thinking "this is actually really cool, my brother will like this, and I will too.. finally we can play an ARPG together"

Thanks for shitting on my Dreams
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Last edited by Velocireptile on Dec 6, 2013, 5:37:37 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

These are not?

Damn, the features sounded fun.

Sadly they are not :)

But with the current client and seeing the structure is already there its not hard to implement them.
I doubt that Blizzard would do it like that because if they did the comunity would complain that they listen to them and that they dont have their own ideas. If they dont listen ...they complain that they never take ideas from the comunity. You just cant win when you are Blizzard.
that is sad :(

i was hoping it wasn't. o well, there are other games out there.
I need more purple titles
Blizzard tested endless dungeons internally and they don't work. You'd end up being stuck with a really tanky build that literally takes 20 minutes to kill anything. It would take hours to clear a single floor.

The rest of those features are dumb gimmicks that no one would care about.
Keyblades!
"
Antilurker77 wrote:
Blizzard tested endless dungeons internally and they don't work. You'd end up being stuck with a really tanky build that literally takes 20 minutes to kill anything. It would take hours to clear a single floor.

The rest of those features are dumb gimmicks that no one would care about.

I don't know, the time trials are comparable to the races we have in PoE.
Also only appealing a small player base in general but also nice to have.

Don't know what D3 currently offers for competitive players, thou.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Dec 7, 2013, 7:39:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info