[1.2.4] 11 Aura Low Life Support Culler - Steroids Edition Revamp

"
Meisen wrote:

So, your position is that spending 8 points for chaos resist nodes is a "waste" since i have the "immunity" from Shavronne's? Even for high lvl maps? I'm currently at about 4.5k es, and 808 life. 8 life after auras :)

I never used the word immunity. :-) As I said before I have mixed feelings:

- On one hand I feel that those 8 pts would be better invested into a higher ES / ES regen such as Zealot's Oath as the fundamental question is: Why are you taking Chaos damage in the first place? :-) Aside from map mods, one should be paying better attention to the environment IMHO. i.e. Yeah, spiders suck, but as a squishy --- keep your distance ! I can count on one hand all the times I have died to Chaos and every single time was me not paying attention and keeping my distance.

+ On the other hand, yes, having extra Chaos Resist is super sexy since CI is not an option for us.

I'll probably end up doing a second build of this one at some point and take the Chaos Resists instead of the 2nd curse "Whispers of Doom." That way I'll have a better idea between the relative worth between: 2 Curse vs Chaos Resist.

"
Meisen wrote:

I "Can't" switch out my boots, cause that will loose me 100% rarity. I'm using the Wondertap boots.

Part of optimizing your build is trying different combinations. I suggested the Windscream boots because it is far cheaper then investing 10 pts into "Whispers of Doom" only to find out that it doesn't fit your play style. Seriously, are you going to be that married to MF that you are unable to experiment and see if the 2nd curse works for you? ;-)

"
Meisen wrote:

On an unrelated note; Soloing is a pain. When i solo i use clarity instead of wrath, and when i party i don't run clarity at all.

Agreed! That's probably the biggest down side to this otherwise rock solid support build. I went through Spectral Hammer, Spork, before finally settling upon Flame Totem.

"
Meisen wrote:

Anyway, to my question; My incinerate is currently around 220 dps, soloing catacombs is ok. I tried switching out gmp and incinerate with faster casting and ek (Shawronne's is currently 5-link), and that quadrupled my screen dps, but reduced my clear speed by quite a lot.

Would flame totem do a better job maybe?

I prefer Flame Totem since it has higher DPS. From my Leveling Tips I posted on page 27 ...

Levels 50+: My guild-mate (Thx Parker!) coined it my "Blowtorch Flame Totem."

* Added Chaos Damage (blue)
* Faster Casting (blue)
* Faster Projectiles (green)
* Fire Penetration (red)
* Flame Totem (red)
* Greater Multiple Projectiles (green)

If the mana casting cost is too high, swap out the GMP for a Reduced Mana gem.

This is not guaranteed to be optimal as I'm still trying out a couple different combinations but I'm currently using Flame Totem + 4L Infernal Mantle with:

* Flame Totem (red)
* Faster Casting (blue)

I've been doing a lot of 2-man and 3-man Piety runs lately. I prefer Flame Totem as I'm finding ..

* Incinerate is great for party culling albeit at the slight cost of overall party damage. I'm still working on ways to max it's DPS.
* Flame Totem is great for extra DPS both solo and party. The other nice thing with Flame Totem is that Infernal Mantle really synergizes well with it.

I think some research needs to be done with Incinerate + Infernal Mantle which I have just started. I'll post my findings later at some point.

Of course the great thing with a solid foundation that Pls originally posted with the original build template is that you have options! Incinerate, Flame Totem, EK, etc. all work depending on what you need and what works for you.

Last edited by Michaelangel007 on Feb 17, 2014, 9:26:49 AM
Wow! Thanx for an severely in-depth answer bro! Impressive :)

I didn't mean that you suggested i had immunity with shavronne's. I just meant it wouldn't rape my life. I guess my wording was off there...

And yeah.... my ocd wont let me remove those boots. We are indeed married :D

Again, thanx for info and tips dude \o/
IGN: RFMeis
"
Meisen wrote:
Wow! Thanx for an severely in-depth answer bro! Impressive :)

I didn't mean that you suggested i had immunity with shavronne's. I just meant it wouldn't rape my life. I guess my wording was off there...

And yeah.... my ocd wont let me remove those boots. We are indeed married :D

Again, thanx for info and tips dude \o/

Ah, maybe you were thinking of pseudo-immunity? ;-)

Glad you found it helpful.

It's amazing how a little MF will make one OCD. "MOAR phat loot indeed!" :-)
how exactly do you deal with increasing partydps as their level increases ? i often see mobs get one shot making a cull almost impossible. rares and blues are no real problem tough.
ign: misseslumen
"
Gully wrote:
how exactly do you deal with increasing partydps as their level increases ? i often see mobs get one shot making a cull almost impossible. rares and blues are no real problem tough.

You don't. At one point, whites will no longer get culled. I am regularly playing 75+ maps with a 90+ crowd and there blues get wasted as well.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
I agree with the poster above on that once you have Shav, you never take chaos resistance passives and spend it on more ES nodes. I have 6K or so ES and -60 chaos res. I simply take chaos damage on the chin (and scoot tp prevent taking more).

The cases where chaos damage actually gets dangerous are far and few between:
- packs of Deadly blue Undying Alchemists on Temporal Chains maps
- Canyon/Nest/Bog (maybe Wharf? been so long ago) bosses on maps with +monster damage or 2x boss mods

Most other situations that should be dangerous with -60 chaos res (double boss on Plateau) simply aren't.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Gully wrote:

You don't. At one point, whites will no longer get culled. I am regularly playing 75+ maps with a 90+ crowd and there blues get wasted as well.

i see, alright :)
ign: misseslumen
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I agree with the poster above on that once you have Shav, you never take chaos resistance passives and spend it on more ES nodes. I have 6K or so ES and -60 chaos res. I simply take chaos damage on the chin (and scoot tp prevent taking more).

The cases where chaos damage actually gets dangerous are far and few between:
- packs of Deadly blue Undying Alchemists on Temporal Chains maps
- Canyon/Nest/Bog (maybe Wharf? been so long ago) bosses on maps with +monster damage or 2x boss mods

Most other situations that should be dangerous with -60 chaos res (double boss on Plateau) simply aren't.

Thanks for the confirmation and insight about chaos resist, and culling whites/blues.
Updated your lvling tips.
Would it be worth swapping out Faster Projectiles in the 6L Shav for an Item Quantity gem to get even more loot?

Currently I'm at 508% IIR but only 32% IIQ. I know the culls won't be as reliable as before but for doing Piety runs, you'll probably get the cull everytime anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info