[1.2.4] 11 Aura Low Life Support Culler - Steroids Edition Revamp

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
divinehope wrote:
So I am pretty much am a newbie(bought a long time ago and never really played) and love to play support type roles, this seemed great to play as it fit my play-style but playing something like this really isn't going to work for a first time player I guess?

The biggest problem is the gear. You need a fair bunch of high-end gear:
- Shavronnes Wrapping (30ex for a 5L) or you will get killed by chaos damage
- Prism Guardian (8 ex) to fit all the auras in
- Heartbreaker (2ex) to cull-otherwise you need a 6L Shavroinne, which are about 70ex)
- 2 Andvariusses (2.5 ex each) to get high magic find
for a total of 45 Exalted Orbs.

Or, in other terms: 900 chaos, or 1800 fusing, or about 15.000 alteration orbs.

It is unlikely that you can afford the gear. For a newbie even the barest absolute minimum to run this build (Prism Guardian: 8 exalted/160 chaos/320 fuse) is a huge barrier. When I started it took me a LONG time to get 5 exalted to buy a 5L Lioneyes bow.

If you can afford the gear, it is not so hard to play. Cast all auras, and run around plunking down totems near critters while staying out of their way. It is vastly easier to play than many melee builds.

Awe ok, guess I will play something else than which is a real bummer.
"
divinehope wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
divinehope wrote:
So I am pretty much am a newbie(bought a long time ago and never really played) and love to play support type roles, this seemed great to play as it fit my play-style but playing something like this really isn't going to work for a first time player I guess?

The biggest problem is the gear. You need a fair bunch of high-end gear:
- Shavronnes Wrapping (30ex for a 5L) or you will get killed by chaos damage
- Prism Guardian (8 ex) to fit all the auras in
- Heartbreaker (2ex) to cull-otherwise you need a 6L Shavroinne, which are about 70ex)
- 2 Andvariusses (2.5 ex each) to get high magic find
for a total of 45 Exalted Orbs.

Or, in other terms: 900 chaos, or 1800 fusing, or about 15.000 alteration orbs.

It is unlikely that you can afford the gear. For a newbie even the barest absolute minimum to run this build (Prism Guardian: 8 exalted/160 chaos/320 fuse) is a huge barrier. When I started it took me a LONG time to get 5 exalted to buy a 5L Lioneyes bow.

If you can afford the gear, it is not so hard to play. Cast all auras, and run around plunking down totems near critters while staying out of their way. It is vastly easier to play than many melee builds.

Awe ok, guess I will play something else than which is a real bummer.

I am going to do my best to make a support culler build that provides as much strength as I can, for newer players on a budget. I just don't think I'll plan it out till a few days before the new league starts.
My end game build of this is insane... I have really good gear, but to be honest... it was fun at lower levels too. I liked boss farming (Piety mostly) with just a Tabula Rasa. I never died and still had decent ES at level 70-75. I know running piety over and over isn't really desirable for most people, but if you want to run this aura MF build and aren't rich... it's always a possibility. I suggest having multiple characters though so ya don't get too burned out.
IGN: Sin
"
Faendris wrote:
This is how my skill tree looks at level 90:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8HYwx9DjwOSBB_ES8RUBGWFHEXLxkuGYoajxzcHRQdqiSLJLAnCyftKPoqEyymLKcvbzLRNAo3ZjeDO-E8jj0PQqNDY0VHRnFN2FXWVw1XK1fJWPVZ81orXIpk52aebRlvnnC7cU12CHy7f8aApIFvgseDCYRIhtGIa4t6jHaPRpMnms-btZ3EnjyezaKjo_Km66cIpyunMKyqtAy1BLb3tzG4k7vWwBrB88M6xPbGnspK0iHZE9lh4Yji9-OE5CLmgeq66-7xdvPd9tr3wfno-tL7Cf5J

I optimized the above tree (12 free points) to (15 free points) :-)

+ (14 free) Saved 2 Str nodes by taking str nodes along bottom left outside from Resolute Technique to "Aura Area of Effect"
+ (18 free) Removed 3 Str and 1 Dex nodes towards "Arcane Potency" (can't tell target node)
- (17 free) Added "Path of the Savant" (below Witch-Scion ES cluster)
- (16 free) Added "Ancestral Knowledge" (+30 int) (just below ZO)
- (15 free) Added "Expertise" (+30 dex) (just below ZO)

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAW8HYwx9DjwOSBB_ES8RUBGWFHEXLxmKGo8c3B0UHaokiySwJwsn7Sj6KhMspiynL280CjdmN4M74TyOPQ9BqkKjQ2NGcU3YVdZXK1fJWPVZ81orXIpk52aebRlvnnC7cU1yqXYIfLt99X_GgKSBb4LHgwmESIbRiGuLeox2j0aQ1pMnms-btZ3Enjyio6PypuunCKcrrKq0DLb3tzG4k7vWwBrB88M6xBXE9saeykrZE-GI4vfjhOaB6rrr7vF289322vcy98H46_no-tL7Cf5J
Nice guide!

One suggestion for readability and less confusion... :-)

Could the extremely awkward grammar "are not optional" be fixed please?

Is it required??
Is it recommended??

Also recommend changing the plural to singular since are implies I need more then one Shav?? Holy crap this is an expensive build! :-)

"

Gear Requirements
Shavronne's Wrappings is recommended for this build; you will also want a Heartbreaker and Prism Guardian eventually to be all you can be.

I find guides to be more "accessible" if they also list common options to cover the wide range of player's wealth until they can afford the "top end" gear.
e.g.

Gear Requirements (Rich Man)
* Shavronne's Wrappings (Occultist's Vestment)
* Heartbreaker (Royal Skean dagger), and
* Prism Guardian (Archon Kite Shield)

Gear Recommendations (Poor Man)
* Tabula Rasa (6L white robe), or
* 4L ES

Just some friendly constructive criticism as I found the poor English of that one sentence to be extremely confusing; other native English speakers will as well. I've never read/heard anyone ever use the vague phase: "not optional." It is almost as bad as the oxymoron: "voluntary consent" or voluntary surrender" that the Theater Security Agency goons use when their unconstitutional jurisdiction is questioned. :-/

Again, a very nice guide!
Dude- what is so hard to understand about the phrase "not optional". I understand feedback, but calling it "extremely awkward grammar" and the continuing bitching about it makes you look like some kind of idiot. I'm not changing it, and next time you find a spelling mistake instead of coming across like a offensive twat, just state what you feel should be changed and leave it at that.
Last edited by Pls on Jan 11, 2014, 2:05:05 PM
"
Pls wrote:
Dude- what is so hard to understand about the phrase "not optional". I understand feedback, but calling it "extremely awkward grammar" and the continuing bitching about it makes you look like some kind of idiot. I'm not changing it, and next time you find a spelling mistake instead of coming across like a offensive twat, just state what you feel should be changed and leave it at that.

Whoa dude, did you miss the smiley emoticons?? I thought I was being polite and civil.

I asked for clarification: "Not optional" still doesn't tell me if it is required or recommended. You still haven't answered that question. :-(

Sorry for offering some advice and you got your panties in a knot. :-((

"

Whoa dude, did you miss the smiley emoticons?? I thought I was being polite and civil.

I asked for clarification: "Not optional" still doesn't tell me if it is required or recommended. You still haven't answered that question. :-(

Sorry for offering some advice and you got your panties in a knot. :-((

I wasn't in and am still not in the best of moods, that said... you didn't just ask for clarification or let me know you found it confusing.

"
Nice guide!

One suggestion for readability and less confusion... :-)

Could the extremely awkward grammar "are not optional" be fixed please?

Is it required??
Is it recommended??

Also recommend changing the plural to singular since are implies I need more then one Shav?? Holy crap this is an expensive build! :-)

"

Gear Requirements
Shavronne's Wrappings is recommended for this build; you will also want a Heartbreaker and Prism Guardian eventually to be all you can be.

I find guides to be more "accessible" if they also list common options to cover the wide range of player's wealth until they can afford the "top end" gear.
e.g.

But your not done here...

"

Just some friendly constructive criticism as I found the poor English of that one sentence to be extremely confusing; other native English speakers will as well. I've never read/heard anyone ever use the vague phase: "not optional." It is almost as bad as the oxymoron: "voluntary consent" or voluntary surrender" that the Theater Security Agency goons use when their unconstitutional jurisdiction is questioned. :-/

Again, a very nice guide!

You came across pretentious and condescending, it took you two paragraphs including an attempt at a basic English lesson to convey your rather simple request. Don't you think judging by the rest of my post(s) I possess basic English skills?

So perhaps my post was a little abrasive and maybe your intentions were innocent and I'm just being a ass, but really your response was overkill. If you were just trying to be helpful then I am sorry.

Anyways I am going to change gear requirements to a bullet list.
Last edited by Pls on Jan 11, 2014, 6:26:54 PM
-edit- nevermind.. :)

Michaelangel007 +1
IGN: Sin
Last edited by Make_A_Witch_Foundation on Jan 11, 2014, 6:44:36 PM
"
Squishy with similar gear that OP posted? I don't even have the full build set up because half my crap is on standard and half is on domination, but I don't think I will die too often.

My setup minus good ammy/helm:

Spoiler

Guess it depends what level too... this is for my 92 Witch:

you should be fine with a decent 200-300 es helm

With this gear i get 6.5k ES
Spoiler

and 5kES with

Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties
Last edited by BlackSacrament on Jan 12, 2014, 8:23:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: