after seeing D3 beta streams, I'm now convinced that...

Since Blizzard merged with Activision its all going down, my hope lies withing PoE!! :)
Ignoring the obvious complaints about D3's aesthetic choices, D3 just looks way too easy to be taken seriously by hardcore gamers. From what little I saw from livestreams, every class (can't remember which) were blasting through overly long dungeons, with either needless spells, or conversely the spells being able to be spammed due to excessive mana regen rates. And cooldowns to balance a spell? Please, I want to be punished for tactlessly wasting my mana, not forced to stand around waiting for my full manapool to barely be touched again. I don't want it to make the same mistakes that Torchlight did: bore the player with hours of mediocrity before getting to anything worth playing.

At this rate, D3 simply isn't going to be a priority anymore. Bad times for Blizzard. I just hope POE doesn't disappoint.
huh, what why are you reading hthis?
Last edited by CodeOrange on Sep 9, 2011, 1:37:00 PM
That, in contrary to my complaints is not a problem, since i do believe that those obviously overcharged regen rates are for beta purposes only, so that people can cover up more ground and handle more bugs faster.
"
CodeOrange wrote:
Ignoring the obvious complaints about D3's aesthetic choices, D3 just looks way too easy to be taken seriously by hardcore gamers. From what little I saw from livestreams, every class (can't remember which) were blasting through overly long dungeons, with either needless spells, or conversely the spells being able to be spammed due to excessive mana regen rates. And cooldowns to balance a spell? Please, I want to be punished for tactlessly wasting my mana, not forced to stand around waiting for my full manapool to barely be touched again. I don't want it to make the same mistakes that Torchlight did: bore the player with hours of mediocrity before getting to anything worth playing.

At this rate, D3 simply isn't going to be a priority anymore. Bad times for Blizzard. I just hope POE doesn't disappoint.

Ok, fyi thought, D3 is in beta, and all you are seeing is a part of act 1. From what i`ve seen of the begining of PoE, you can pretty much walk past all the mobs in the first act and it seems easy as hell.

Don`t go saying that PoE in act one looks harder then D3 does, because we all know that is completely untrue.
I didn;t have any trouble with my little time with D3, but I think it's not set up to be challenging (too much), but to allow users to access as much of the provided content as possible (for feedback and bug reporting)....

Again, I don't have PoE for comparison(yet), but I wouldn't be suprised if it was setup this way also.....
To be honest, I haven't seen much D3 Beta footage, but I'm more interested in PoE at the moment.

The thing that attracted me most to PoE is that that the devs aren't afraid to put complicated ideas and mechanics into their game. The most obvious example of this is the passive skill tree. I'm hoping it extends to your character's choice in skill gems & gear, but I haven't gotten into the beta yet, so I'm unable to tell :(

On a similar note, I hope that the game presents a challenge. I'd rather play a game that regularly hands my ass to me on a silver platter than play a game where death is remote possibility never to be taken seriously.
"You'd take a eunuch like me?"
"
2BearqLoza wrote:
"
clubwise wrote:
"
mazakii wrote:
Yes, I agree this game looks more exciting at the moment. Im kind of disapointed with D3...

Same. I don't think it's going to live up to the hype.

Dont forget, Blizzard games ALWAYS live up to hype, and then some more...
Am I wrong? Example please?

Yeah, Casterclysm. Soon as that x-pac hit people were abandoning ship. I was part of a guild of more than a hundred members that disbanded and are now looking towards SWTOR for their mmo fix.
Last edited by Eternimus on Sep 9, 2011, 3:45:06 PM
D3 is not for me. I have a few huge problems with the game. But I won't go into detail here. PoE looks great, and I'll load it up first chance I get. D3 is just a WoW'ish hybrid as people have already said. That's not what I'm looking for.
"
Eternimus wrote:
"
2BearqLoza wrote:
"
clubwise wrote:
Same. I don't think it's going to live up to the hype.

Dont forget, Blizzard games ALWAYS live up to hype, and then some more...
Am I wrong? Example please?

Yeah, Casterclysm. Soon as that x-pac hit people were abandoning ship. I was part of a guild of more than a hundred members that disbanded and are now looking towards SWTOR for their mmo fix.

True, Cataclysm was kind of a disaster & a good part of the reason I left WoW for good.

However, almost every non-expansion Blizzard title has lived up up to the hype (WoW, Warcraft 3, Diablo II). Even Starcraft 2, which was probably Blizzard's most hyped release of all time arguably lived up to the amount of hype it got and is a cornerstone of current eSports.
"You'd take a eunuch like me?"
I'll prolly play both.

Very interested in path however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info