Can we get more infos on Open Beta?

A part of this game is theory crafting. So you should think about your char / spec / gems before you actually are going for it, because changing a lot is not that easy. Yeah, you can also play through try & error, but there are also theory crafters.

So it would be really helpful, if an updated version of the passives + new gems + fundamental changes to the combat system could be introduced, before the Open Beta / final wipe is actually happening. Thinking about what you are going to play / try / combine is a necessary preparation :D!
Last edited by wahnvorstellung on Jan 17, 2013, 11:10:43 AM
Chris said he would have patch notes posted when he had time to finish typing them up. With his US journalist tour He has been kind of busy. As soon as he gets back in NZ and settled from nonstop go go, i am sure he will get them up for all to look at.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Thanks alot for your answer. So i am going to scan for any postings by Chris for the next days ;).
More info that I would personally like to know is what kind of stuff will be made available in the cash shop upon release, if any. I'm looking forward to a spending spree...
Last edited by Thalandor on Jan 17, 2013, 1:07:16 PM
"
Thalandor wrote:
More info that I would personally like to know is what kind of stuff will be made available in the cash shop upon release, if any. I'm looking forward to a spending spree...
"
Thalandor wrote:

Me too! :D

I'm also hoping for OB pre-patch notes as well. If summoning was severely impacted, I want to know and see if I'll need to apply more passives to keep my zombies and other minions optimal at higher levels.

Personally, I'm hoping that summoning was barely affected, probably summon skeletons no longer working with totem supports.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
All I really want to know, is if there is going to be a permanent cut-throat league.

Having open PvP and full loot drop (good ole UO days) is really my main reason for wanting to play so bad, which I'm sure there are plenty of others that want the same.

Yay.... Nay? Would love a response.

Theorycrafting a cut-throat character is a lot different than just a character who can grind PvE efficiently.
Chris will post the patch notes just as soon as he gets the time to write them.

There will be no permanent cutthroat league at the start of Open Beta. Temporary events will still be held and GGG still intends to implement a permanent cutthroat league at some point in the future.

Microtransactions available at the start of open beta will include premium stash tabs which allow you to name and color your stash pages. There will be a handful of different pets and I think the 'extra gore' option may also be available for purchase. Pricing has not been announced for any of these. Admittedly that's not a whole lot of stuff but GGG intends to regularly roll out more microtransactions with every patch.

Hopefully that clears some things up.
Forum Sheriff
Tpapp do u know if cutthroat will start at some point in open beta or at some point in full released version? Just wondering when GGG intends to post something in the announcements about the permanent league.

I do know all the balance issues with a permanent league though. (People in lvl 100 killing people in lvl 2.)
The issue with cutthroat is GGG finding the time to sit down and figure out the mechanics and restrictions necessary to keep the permanent league fun and then code it all up and implement it. The past few months GGG has been spending all of their time implementing necessary content for Act 3 and Open Beta. Hopefully once Open Beta is past and all the launch issues are taken care of we'll here more about it. As I said, a permanent cutthroat league is definitely something that GGG wants to do. It's just a question of content priorities and when they'll find the time to do it.

Just for reference here are some of GGG's immediate priorities:
Resolving any balance/stability issues that come up with Open Beta
Adding more skills
Adding more microtransactions
Finishing the Act 3 areas and quests that won't be done in time for Open Beta
Updating and adding more PvP options
Incrementally improving Acts 1 and 2 (to match Act 3's level of quality)
Upgrading the trading system (including trading through the forums)

I (and GGG) don't know yet where or if implementing a permanent cutthroat league is going to fit into that feature schedule.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info