OFFICIAL: Gymfreak thread.

Well... There's normally at least a few talented athletes/bodybuilders/aspiring to be's (Where I fall under that category) in every community. Post em up.

I'm an all-out athlete that will play anything. My favorite sports are Rugby, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, and Racketball. I practice with the Curacao National Rugby team after meeting their coach at a bar and was invited to play with them. I performed well but don't know the rules quite yet, it's a learning-in-progress type deal. xD

I also ran and placed very well in Track and Field. 100, 400m, High Jump, Long Jump, and Triple Jump. The occasional Jav throw. :P

I am also an amateur bodybuilder/fitness model. I LOVE my time in the gym and could talk about everything related to it for days. So... How about you guys? I know I talked about sports but I mean for this to be a gym/workout related thread.

I see this will be a challenge. Haha.
I used to be pretty heavy in the gym-scene. I was, however, more of a runner than anything - nothing beats hitting the track on a cold morning! I always hated weights but did so just because a good amount of my military friends were big into them.

At one point I weighed ~185 lbs and was ~8% body fat, 11 minutes and 37 seconds was my fastest 2 mile I ever completed - long distance running was my favorite though.

I've further stayed away from the gym as I've gotten older just due to all the supplements that are thrown in your face when you get into that atmosphere. However, I do still occassionally run. I'm well above my normal weight now though, at around ~240 lbs. Having a sit down job sucks :P
Last edited by Elynole on Jan 17, 2013, 11:10:20 AM
Never really did the gym scene. I did martial arts and got a good workout from those. I mainly help teach now so the workouts aren't as good. I helped train some guys in mixed martial arts for this area.
FUCK OUT THE WAYYY!!!!

What kind of a routine do you run? Been doing a 4-day split rotation for a year and 8 months so far. Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps, Shoulders, Legs/Abs.
Last edited by Ir0n on Jan 17, 2013, 1:47:41 PM
"
Elynole wrote:
I used to be pretty heavy in the gym-scene. I was, however, more of a runner than anything - nothing beats hitting the track on a cold morning! I always hated weights but did so just because a good amount of my military friends were big into them.

At one point I weighed ~185 lbs and was ~8% body fat, 11 minutes and 37 seconds was my fastest 2 mile I ever completed - long distance running was my favorite though.

I've further stayed away from the gym as I've gotten older just due to all the supplements that are thrown in your face when you get into that atmosphere. However, I do still occassionally run. I'm well above my normal weight now though, at around ~240 lbs. Having a sit down job sucks :P

I hear ya with the sit down job... Just getting my feet in the door with a real career oriented potential and not the corporate America bullsh!t (probably why I had to go out of the country for that to happen xD) That's an impressive 2 mile. My fastest mile was 4:46 - but my two mile time was significantly off that pace, haha. That was the hardest even in track in my opinion... that and the 800. When was the last time you went for a good run? - You're right... Nothing beats those early morning runs.

"
klake wrote:
Never really did the gym scene. I did martial arts and got a good workout from those. I mainly help teach now so the workouts aren't as good. I helped train some guys in mixed martial arts for this area.

I have been wanting to get into boxing... Not so much MMA since I have had some serious back problems three years back. Have to baby it in the gym as it is. :( How long have you been practicing... What Martial Arts exactly?

"
Ir0n wrote:
FUCK OUT THE WAYYY!!!!

What kind of a routine do you run? Been doing a 4-day split rotation for a year and 8 months so far. Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps, Shoulders, Legs/Abs.

My routine depends on what I feel like in the gym. I always get my bench, deadlift, squats, and leg presses in on their respective days - then after that, it's just whatever; or what I see/feel I need work on based off my appearance in the mirror. I'm kind of obsessive, but not to the point where I flex and make people feel me and stuff... I am actually rather shy about even compliments or flirty ones at that.

You should try to change the routine so your muscles don't get used to it... It will really help. Switch Bi's and Tri's... So do Back/Tris then Chest/Bi's. And try to switch the days you do them too, maybe chest then legs then shoulders then back. idk. Also, you should be working abs at LEAST every other workout. I work mine 6 days a week. They're one of the most used muscles so it takes a good workout to really get the results you are aiming for.

Good to hear it isn't completely dead. <3
I sit at around 5% (4'ish when I'm in the gym and 6-7'ish when I'm not) body fat naturally, and although I've hit the gym a lot, I can't seem to pack in the macros needed for real change. I find the sheer volume of food that is required to be eaten to reach 3000-4000 calories a day is absurdly huge.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I hit the gym 4 times a week generally. I have been around rugby circles for a long time, played for NZ age grade teams up to U18 but didn’t get big enough for a player in my position (flanker, 1.82m, 80kg).

Now my main focus is reffing rugby. I have been at it for 2 years and have had a few representative games in the past season. I am heading over to the UK in April and am undecided if I want to play or ref over there, each has advantages and disadvantages.

If you need any help with the rules PM me, I can answer your questions directly or provide you with the information you require.
RIP Bolto
"
ChaddyBoy wrote:
"
Elynole wrote:

I hear ya with the sit down job... Just getting my feet in the door with a real career oriented potential and not the corporate America bullsh!t (probably why I had to go out of the country for that to happen xD) That's an impressive 2 mile. My fastest mile was 4:46 - but my two mile time was significantly off that pace, haha. That was the hardest even in track in my opinion... that and the 800. When was the last time you went for a good run? - You're right... Nothing beats those early morning runs.

It may sound pretty crazy, but I achieved that time due to watching too much Dragonball as a kid. I ran with a backpack full of weights, or a bullet-proof vest and helmet on when I was judging myself for time. I made sure I got the time I wanted to achieve while wearing the weight, then when I went to test myself, or for our physical training tests in the military, I would have removed the weight and would be able to carry myself farther and faster.

It's probably been a week and a half or so since I've ran, I usually only run now when I'm pretty stressed out.
Was a consistent 3 day a week gym guy from 96-2010. Fell out of the scene for a year, and after spending all of 2011 getting back into it, I hurt my left shoulder. I noticed holding the squat bar on my traps would start to hurt my left shoulder a bit. As is typical with gym rats, I took a couple weeks off and kept working out, ignoring the tweaks. Then one day after I did wide grip rows my shoulder came up lame the next day. Doc said it was tendonitis but no RC tears ever showed up on the MRI. I'm feeling better and after 4-5 months of PT the pain is gone. I haven't been back to the gym in 9 months though. I guess I'm a bit injury shy at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info