What is Sufficent dps/ehp for end game?

Your stats are find for almost all content, though. Specific mods or bosses require changes, but otherwise, you should be good.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 5, 2013, 8:41:40 AM
"
nebunelux wrote:

Armor efficiency scenarios

Assuming Life + Armor (IR) character

I heard map Vaal Smash can get to 8000 Damage.
Lets do the math.

Monster Damage: 8000
Player Armor: 50000 uber geared player with granite on
Damage Reduction: 34%
Player takes 5280 physical damage -> RIP if you don't have (legacy) Kaoms

Player Armor: 25000 regular player with granite
Damage Reduction: 25%
Player takes 6000 physical damage -> RIP if you don't have (legacy) Kaoms

Player Armor: 15000 regular player not paying attention
Damage Reduction: 13%
Player takes 6960 physical damage -> RIP if you don't have (legacy) Kaoms

Advice:
1. Dont't tank Vaal Smash in maps i.e. DON'T TANK BIG PHYSICAL HITS
2. The larger the damage - less effective the armor is
3. Armor is very effective versus many small physical hits. Similar and synergies well with Arctic Armor.
4. No defensive mechanism in this game makes you 100% immune to damage. You can reduce the damage by A LOT, but occasionally you can be surprised by a BIG UNLUCKY hit that can kill you
5. Pick several defensive mechanics

You use only lazy players in your scenario.

Player Armor: 0

Player knows there is a boss fight and is a melee (otherwise he won't facetank). He has 7 end charges on, additional he curses him with a midrange enfeeble
Damage reduction 35% from charges, 30% from curse
8000 -> 4450 you survive this even without armor

With 15.000 armor you get 3570 (you have Lifeleech and a potion?)
With 50.000 armor you get 2380 (laugh about this hit)

So with preparation you can facetank this, 7 charges and a enfeeble gem are not that expensive.

Another thing is if you should facetank this...
I totally agree with you.
Though, not all builds are spec'd towards max endurance charges.

Enfeeble + granite + endurance charges can get you close to 90% damage reduction. Though it is capped at 95% if I am not mistaken.

I assumed lazy player / not paying attention and still be able to survive. => PAY 100 exalts for legacy Kaom's => Profit :))

Or better yet, get 10 exalts worth of gear and pay attention :)
"
nebunelux wrote:

Assumptions:
Player in good gear can have about 4500-5000 Life.
Player in legacy Kaoms can have about 7000-8000 Life.
Player in good gear can have about 7000-8000 ES.
Player in godly ES gear can have 10000-11000 ES.

The majority of players are in the first category ~4500 Life.

Assumption it is... I am in above average but I don't consider it "good" gear by any means. I have 5500 life. People in amazing gear (with kaoms) ave hitting 8500 - 9500 with the current Kaoms..

The biggest thing to discriminate between is "how much life do I need for my league?" I know people in domination do not want to die at high level.. but they can still sacrifice dying because they don't lose their char. High level people in Nemesis don't want to die because they lose their hero to standard.

Currently I'm level 85 ranger in nemesis doing 72 - 74 maps with a little above 5500 life and 45% dmg reduc (~55% with end charges) and I still get hit pretty hard by phys hits. I would just get as much life as you can and still be able to do damage that is noticeable. I know people want GODLY dmg.. but if you don't want to die, it is not possible to obtain amazing DPS and have amazing survivability.
Last edited by NeOZealouS on Dec 5, 2013, 10:30:27 AM
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
"
nebunelux wrote:

Assumptions:
Player in good gear can have about 4500-5000 Life.
Player in legacy Kaoms can have about 7000-8000 Life.
Player in good gear can have about 7000-8000 ES.
Player in godly ES gear can have 10000-11000 ES.

The majority of players are in the first category ~4500 Life.

Assumption it is... I am in above average but I don't consider it "good" gear by any means. I have 5500 life. People in amazing gear (with kaoms) ave hitting 8500 - 9500 with the current Kaoms..

The biggest thing to discriminate between is "how much life do I need for my league?" I know people in domination do not want to die at high level.. but they can still sacrifice dying because they don't lose their char. High level people in Nemesis don't want to die because they lose their hero to standard.

Currently I'm level 85 ranger in nemesis doing 72 - 74 maps with a little above 5500 life and 45% dmg reduc (~55% with end charges) and I still get hit pretty hard by phys hits. I would just get as much life as you can and still be able to do damage that is noticeable. I know people want GODLY dmg.. but if you don't want to die, it is not possible to obtain amazing DPS and have amazing survivability.

Not quite true. Getting good DPS while having good survivability is very doable. Just takes creativity.

For example, the fact you have 5.5K doesn't really help you. More armor so you get to 85-90% reduction, a
, Arctic Armor, MoM, clever use of CwDT, lots of other ways to lower damage. Block helps a TON.

At some point, more life just isn't add as much EFFECTIVE LIFE as other means. Some things in this game aren't beatable with raw LIFE.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 5, 2013, 10:33:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info