Power Siphon Burning Wander Shadow

Last edited by MySunnySun on Jan 4, 2014, 10:21:26 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Also on your CofE tree - I noticed that you left out the Fire Walker node for 12% increased Fire Damage and +15% increased Fire Resistance, yet you have Fire Walker in the Normal build. Any reason why? I assume you reasoned you do not need this node for the DPS in the CofE case with PA, however for CofE the fire res is even more crucial. I've played a low life CofE spectral throw build and the fire res requirement is very tight and hard to build around unless you have lots of exalts to splash on gear with specific mods/craft your own. I guess putting those 2 points back in to get to Fire Walker for the CofE build will get you to level ~90 - and this is before you have even taken the Shadow spell damage nodes.

EDIT: I am actually now curious to see what your level 90+ CofE tree looks like.

CoE will give tonnes of fire damage, and you need to spend extra nodes to get to PA and grab the extra spell damage per power charge node, so you have to drop stuff to be able to get that, and like I said I hate posting trees with high number of points. I prefer to limit the tree to what someone should actually get to make it work, 106 is a lot of points as it is. Trees shouldn't be taken as be all end all, all they are, are basic template that someone needs to get a build to work with certain items and skill combinations. From there they can adapt the build and tree to whatever they want or lack.

The example you brought up with regards to fire resistance, is not a build problem but a gearing problem, but the tree can be adapted to compensate. Everyone with a CoE should already know fire res is hard to cap considering its a blatant obvious mod on the item itself. If you can't cap your res through gear and resists auras then yes can adapt the tree to suit. But this will be different between player to player and the other gear items they have, but ideally you wouldn't grab resist nodes unless you had to.

I would like to think that if someone reaches 90 with the build, they should have a pretty good understanding of the build by then, and should be able to make up their own minds on what they would like to invest their nodes into moving forward.

Personally when I reached 90, a lot of options opened up because you have a lot of nodes to play with and I played around a lot with quite a few alternative specs for this build to have fun and try things out:
- an armour IR version
- pure evasion with ondars guille
- evasion with block
- evasion and ES (I think I got to 8K ES with low life)
- armour IR with block
- armour IR with block and aegis aurora
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 3, 2014, 10:06:08 PM
Hi,

What's the plan when you can't use the Malachai's blood magic glitch anymore?
Looking at Prism Guardian but I'm not sure if that could even sustain 3 auras. Also missing out on a 600+ worth of es on a shield (which ends up being something like 1500+ after bonuses) is absolutely huge. Especially if you want to run crown of eyes and sacrifice a few 100 on the head piece too.

Have you considered Prism Guardian?

Thanks
Last edited by rependant on Jan 6, 2014, 1:51:28 AM
"
rependant wrote:
Hi,
What's the plan when you can't use the Malachai's blood magic glitch anymore?
Looking at Prism Guardian but I'm not sure if that could even sustain 3 auras. Also missing out on a 600+ worth of es on a shield (which ends up being something like 1500+ after bonuses) is absolutely huge. Especially if you want to run crown of eyes and sacrifice a few 100 on the head piece too.

Have you considered Prism Guardian?

Thanks

Haven't put too much thought into something that hasn't happened yet, couldn't be bothered wasting time trying to optimally solve something that doesn't need to be solved yet. I'll worry about it when we get there.

... but probably just BM Discipline, Purity.

And rotate wrath, anger, grace auras on mana depending on map mods or the monsters that spawns in it and be flexible with auras that way.
I ripped my lvl92 shadow on nemesis. for those playing SC might wanna take a look at my gear for sale: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/759343
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Jan 16, 2014, 5:09:03 AM
Hi

What if I switch the additional accuracy to chain for better AOE?
I got 90% hit chance with add accuracy, and 80% hit chance for chain.
I think it give me faster clear speed , but yes, lesser damage for single target.
"
marceltam wrote:
Hi

What if I switch the additional accuracy to chain for better AOE?
I got 90% hit chance with add accuracy, and 80% hit chance for chain.
I think it give me faster clear speed , but yes, lesser damage for single target.

Not ideal because:
1) 200% mana cost multiplier, which is roughly 120 mana cost in a six link which will make it rough especially in half regen.
1) Chains 50% Less Damage, which severely gimps the burn. The fire component of your damage will reduce not by half, but close to it. Which is the opposite of what you want for this build. But I can kind of understand that some people may have not optimised gear for the build and the fire damage isn't that good early on. But ultimately Chain is terrible for this build in the end game, if anything a green for another green gem I would rather recommend Physical Projectile Attack Damage, if you have good crit and accuracy.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
Hi there, me again.
So I am using the BM mask to do the auras trick now.
I can free up the slots on gloves, might switch to Thunderfist later.
What's the best 4L single target links for this build?
Would PS - WED - Added Fire/Accuracy/ - Increased Crit damage be good?
Last edited by AMAZINGZAMIANG on Jan 17, 2014, 9:06:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info