Power Siphon Burning Wander Shadow

decided to have some fun on the unique maps poorjoys and olmecs, vids here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
If i understand the mechanic so more phys. dmg = more fire damage from added fire? So is it worth to pick Elder power (+50% phys dmg with wands) instead of Intence Zeal? Also %damage with wands will grant extra leech life and mana as i think...
Thx.
Last edited by ptica on Dec 13, 2013, 6:03:14 AM
Is there any way to handle Hatred aura in party play? I've tried with cold to fire gem, but the ele damage is just too buffed. Just running around shattering mobs sucks :|
"
LuckYEiner wrote:
Is there any way to handle Hatred aura in party play? I've tried with cold to fire gem, but the ele damage is just too buffed. Just running around shattering mobs sucks :|

i think there is none. imo that's the biggest downside of this build and why i didn't want to copy it. for solo play or a party without cold dmg this build is awsome.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
"
ptica wrote:
If i understand the mechanic so more phys. dmg = more fire damage from added fire? So is it worth to pick Elder power (+50% phys dmg with wands) instead of Intence Zeal? Also %damage with wands will grant extra leech life and mana as i think...
Thx.

Intence Zeal is a crit node, and Elder Power is a phys node, the two aren't even the same type of node. You need to be able to crit to be able to apply a burn in the first place, not sure how much crit you have but you pretty much want as much crit as possible so you will always apply a burn. Elder Power is an amazing node if you have a good physical wand, but takes a bit to get to. If you are finding that your burn isn't sufficient make sure you have Holy Fire, then next best is Entropy if you're there. Then Fire Walker or Immolation which are direct buffs to your fire damage, as opposed to buffing through conversion where the gem only converts a portion of the physical and having to spend 5 nodes to get there. If your burn is fine and your crit is fine, and just want a general damage boost, then yeah elder power will help with aoe and single target damage.

"
LuckYEiner wrote:

1. Ask nicely that they don't use hatred.
2. Run ahead of everyone to apply the burn first before they get there.
3. Go traditional wander and put LMP in your link.
4. Ask GGG for a Pure Cold to Fire to convert 100 percent.
5. Spec Avatar of Fire and cross your fingers.

.... Which all suck, and essentially I don't have a solution for this right now unfortunately. Hence why I have those big bold sentences in the OP about cold damage.
Cold to fire only converts a portion and not all, you need to remove all cold damage.

Edit: Achievable armour with Grace (IR) and lvl 15 Determination with IR test build.
Spoiler
Last edited by PoE17 on Dec 15, 2013, 12:24:33 AM
Which one would be better for the build, a 123 pDPS + 77 eDPS wand or a 180 pDPS wand. Kinda think that phys dmg is more important since its quite easy to get ele dmg on gear, but cant quite decide what to buy :/
Why u do not use Crown of eyes and a caster shield and the passive PAin Attunement?
btw your mana costs on a 6l with lvl 20 power siphon, added fire, wed, ele prof, crit dmg, acc would be 64.

"
LuckYEiner wrote:
Which one would be better for the build, a 123 pDPS + 77 eDPS wand or a 180 pDPS wand. Kinda think that phys dmg is more important since its quite easy to get ele dmg on gear, but cant quite decide what to buy :/

pdmg is better since added fire adds % of pdmg as fire dmg. the burn dmg is calculated on 20% of the inital's hit fire dmg so we will profit a lot here.

"
Why u do not use Crown of eyes and a caster shield and the passive PAin Attunement?

he does. he also wrote it in the first post of this thread.

lol i just found out that

add more dmg than
with eoc. just to let you eoc users know.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
Last edited by Perz on Dec 19, 2013, 9:51:05 AM
Hi I was wondering a few things:

1) Can this build still work even if you don't have the belt? And if anything are there any alternative ways to go around not having the belt?

2) would you mind showing an alternative skill tree for witches to work with? Or would this build just generally work better as a shadow?
"
Synzaku wrote:
Hi I was wondering a few things:

1) Can this build still work even if you don't have the belt? And if anything are there any alternative ways to go around not having the belt?

2) would you mind showing an alternative skill tree for witches to work with? Or would this build just generally work better as a shadow?

Two problems without the belt, mana issues and chill/freeze issues.
You can solve the mana issues by getting the mana leech node in the shadow and a mixture of mana nodes / or running an extra mana pot. The bigger issue is the chill/freeze, no real easy solution there. Dream Fragments unique ring is what C.I. users used previously and you'll have to have the appropriate flasks for the cold based bosses and ele weakness/minus max extra damage as cold modded maps.

Alphas howl is another unique which provides assistance with chill/freeze, however you will loose a substantial amount of ES from not wearing a good ES helm.

Only really one way to get out of witch area, what i'd do for witch:

Edit: Trying to make Aegis Aurora Block with wander work, test build added to build section, will be uploading some test vids up on youtube.
Last edited by PoE17 on Dec 19, 2013, 11:46:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info